• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cheap Accommodation Tips for T'Towers

Paradox

TS Member
Hiya,

I'm planning on breaking my two plus year duck at Alton Towers during the easter break (last time I was there the Black Hole tent was as well!). I know it'll be busy but I'm planning on a couple of days, and beyond Nemesis, Hex, Oblivion, the Smiler cred and a stroll around the gardens; I haven't really got an agenda other than to enjoy some time there for the first time in forever.

I'm doing it by public transport (don't need any help on that front thankfully), but my problem is that even with the Merlin Annual Pass the onsite hotel is still LUDICROUSLY expensive. So I'm after some helpful tips from you wise Towers people on alternative accommodation that remains accessible to the park via public transport.

Thank you in advance! :)

(Just realised this is in the other parks section, stupid me, could this be modded to the correct subforum please. Ooops)

The Blacksmiths Arms is a lovely B&B you can always visit if you want to stay right in the area, the rooms have been recently refurbished, the food is brilliant (albeit a little expensive in the evening) and the couple who own the place are very accommodating. I can't remember how much we paid for the room but it was certainly a worthwhile price!

Cheers for the info. I think I'll be basing myself out of Crewe (grandparents) and go either just on my birthday or the day before as well and training it over both days. :)

The Chained Oak B&B (http://www.chainedoak.com/) is very nice accommodation, friendly and does a great breakfast. Starts from £68 and is walking distance from the park so if you do go by public transport you can walk from the theme park. Walk out through the secuirity entrance, not the main entrance and accross a field to the B&B.
If you don't want to walk up into Alton village for dinner (there is a big hill!) you could order takeaway to the B&B or eat at the Alton Towers hotels then walk down (might look a bit strange if walking out the site late in the evening!)

You can also go for a nice walk in the woods and find the chained oak tree itself :)