• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

If the music on a nearby ride "ruins" a roller coaster for you, that's only because you want it to do so.

Many folks would suggest that Vampire "died" in 2000, if we're getting back to talking about coasters as if they're humans again.

in all honesty I have always found the music coming from bubble works to be slightly annoying

I am amused that some people have created petitions to keep the ride open. Let it die and be removed, the poor thing has suffered enough. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to give just a little credit to Chessington, they have managed to make bubbleworks look alright today. Lots of the effects have been fixed, the strobes are working in the finale, and the music is working in all scenes (though you can quite noticeably hear professor burp in a few areas).

The staff were also great at communicating with us when vampire went down (they had to cut down some trees as there wasn't enough clearance). Single rider is useful on fury, cut a 45 minute queue down to 5 (though as a downside, my car didn't spin, as I was much lighter by myself than the two adults I was with). Actually had a good day, despite the park being rammed. Didn't need a fastrack to get on the majority of main rides.

Got to give just a little credit to Chessington, they have managed to make bubbleworks look alright today. Lots of the effects have been fixed, the strobes are working in the finale, and the music is working in all scenes (though you can quite noticeably hear professor burp in a few areas).
that's strange, considering that it's closing soon.
https://www.chessington.com/explore/theme-park/attraction/16/bubbleworks.aspx

bubble-works-closure.jpg

Single rider is useful on fury, cut a 45 minute queue down to 5 (though as a downside, my car didn't spin, as I was much lighter by myself than the two adults I was with).
That's odd, spinners work best when the car is unballanced.
Pro tip for Fury: Have the heavy load at the back, and if possible only a (light) single rider in the front. You'll spin like crazy. ;)

Although I have great memories of bubble works as a child, it's certainly seen better days, and some scenes look so awful now.

I hope they are ripping it all out and starting again from scratch, as long as it's not just a 2D Charlie ride. I assume the ride system will stay, especially as they had the lift hill fixed this season.

Had my last ride on bubbleworks today. Professor burp was even more noticeable, as well as almost all of the old sound effects. Quite depressing to hear the ghost of what it once was, but also exciting to hear some of the sound effects for the first time in person.

I went into guest services today to see if I can find out more about the auction. I was informed that there would be a charity auction to sell of the props that aren't being reused. I also asked about any behind the scenes tours going on, and he said there would be talks (given by "a very special host") and behind the scenes tours starting I a few weeks, and to keep an eye on the vip page on the website.

I saw on facebook a rumor that john wardley would be giving talks on the ride, despite him not going near the ride since the retheme. I asked of he would be the "very special host". The reply was "who's john wardley?"

I was at Chessington today as well! To think, I may have bumped into you and have never known.....

Anyway, i had to have a goodbye go on Bubbleworks as well. Ive been having good bye rides on Blade and Slammer all season since its rare for them to actually tell you that a ride will be going for good, or so it seems, these days. A blast on Ramses today was the closest I could get to a goodbye ride of Ripsaw.

I was at Chessington today as well! To think, I may have bumped into you and have never known.....

Anyway, i had to have a goodbye go on Bubbleworks as well. Ive been having good bye rides on Blade and Slammer all season since its rare for them to actually tell you that a ride will be going for good, or so it seems, these days. A blast on Ramses today was the closest I could get to a goodbye ride of Ripsaw.
Tbh, you'd probably guess if you saw me that I was a theme park enthusiast. Hard not to notice the person getting a little too excited about hearing professor burp audio on bubble works ;)

I'd have had your last go on black buccaneer or griffins galleon if you could of today. Not convinced either will be returning. GG has spent more than half the season closed, and buccaneer was only testing today, only able to get about 2 ft high. Chessingtons reliability seems to be getting worse though, rattlesnake had to be evacuated, quite a few other rides were down for a while (including fury), and the remaining rides didn't have enough people on them (scorpions priority line was longer than the actual queue at one point, so whent round four times per ride, and staff had to ride rameses to makeup numbers. One sat next to me and said "I wish this ride took your photo, but it wouldn't work because you'd get smacked in the face by the camera":banghead:)

Thoroughly enjoyed rameses today. It's a great blast, made me miss Ripsaw. The reason it's quiet is you have a flat that has a decent throughput, that soaks you and has a 1.4 height restriction in a low throughput park, on a rainy day aimed at families and children.

It annoys me that even on a quiet day, you can still wait an hour for some rides, not see half the park (including the zoo and many of the rides) as a result and they still seem happy to turf you out at a measly 5pm. I would've needed till at least 7 if not 8 to have had a chance at doing everything

Last edited:
So next year it sounds like we've got the Pinfari at Oakwood and the re-themed Bubble Works at Chessington. I actually think they're both reasonable developments for their respective parks, but it's not looking like a pants wettingly exciting year for British coaster enthusiasts.

I know a lot of British parks will have new attractions next year, so there are more announcements to be made, but it's getting to the point now where it feels like it will be a low key year for most of the British parks.

So next year it sounds like we've got the Pinfari at Oakwood and the re-themed Bubble Works at Chessington. I actually think they're both reasonable developments for their respective parks, but it's not looking like a pants wettingly exciting year for British coaster enthusiasts.

I know a lot of British parks will have new attractions next year, so there are more announcements to be made, but it's getting to the point now where it feels like it will be a low key year for most of the British parks.
Let's hope 2018 makes up for it. New mack launch at Blackpool, SW8, new dark ride at legoland, maybe more developments regarding that water coaster that chessington are looking into (;))

...And finding out more exciting news regarding more ride closures at merlin parks!

Apparrently these tours will take place every Sunday from August 14th through to September 6th.

I'd certainly be interested to take a look around the ride before they rip it all out.

Given that they have recently rebooted Danger Mouse, maybe there's a Count Duckula reboot in the works? Could be interesting to start the ride with a David Jason voiced waterfowl jumping in to a coffin and spouting a rhyme about wanting the best holiday ever, then following them on a world tour. The fountain finale could be Niagra falls or something.
.... But no, it'd still be pants.