• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I personally cant wait to experience Croc Drop. I enjoyed my ride on Magma at Paultons Park. I’m glad that Chessington are opening a near clone of Magma but with added water effects.

I personally think that Chessington will incorporate Ramasis Ravenge’s back drop into the new Croc Drop ride. I have also heard from both SouthParks and Theme Park Guide that Croc Drop will use the forever Ramasis Ravenge control booth. I think this decision will be well received by the public, as part of Chessington’s past will live on through Croc Drop.
I am delighted that Chessington are opening a Drop Tower as it will add one of my favourite ride types to Chessington. I am sure that fans of Ramasis Ravenge will be pleased that parts of Ramasis Ravenge are going to live on throbe reused for Croc Creek. I’m very pleased that Croc Drop will not a have a stupid Sponsorship attached to its theme. I think that the arrival of a Crocodile themed ride experience could possibly mean that Chessington also welcomes some real Crocodile’s to the park. I think that introducing Crocodiles is a realistic possibility as when Chessington opened a Scorpion themed ride,Scorpion Express in 2014 an enclosure was built for real Scoupion’s in the Gold mine you walk through during the queline. Four years later a Tiger themed ride opened in the form of Tiger Rock and Chessington built Tiger enclosures around the ride.

If Crocodiles do come to Chessington it will be the first time that the theme park or zoo has ever housed Crocodiles.

As an editor on that SouthParks article, I'm not sure any comment or indication was made about the Rameses control room being used within the new attraction. My understanding is that the majority of the site will be cleared and new structures installed.

If the construction and design quality matches that of Tiger Rock then it should be a visually impressive new attraction. It has big shoes to fill, given Rameses' ability to draw a crowd to watch it, even in its later years.

The backdrop has already been demolished anyway. As a fan of Ramese Revenge (because it looked brilliant and was a fun ride when it worked properly) I'm much more interested in Chessington building an equally fun replacement than whether or not 'bits' of Rameses get recycled.

I have a feeling that the Rainforest land that opened this year will get some enhancements, to coincide with the opening of Croc Drop. I think thease improvements could include animatronics being added around both The Rainforest and Forbidden Kingdom areas.I expect that most of the animatronics will be placed in the indoor section of Jungle Rangers. expect that Forbidden Kingdom will revive a deep clean and a fresh paint job around the entire area.lick of new paint I also expect that smell pods will be littered around both areas.

The chances I expect to see at Chessington for next season are as follows.

1. The Wild Asia sign reinstated to the entrance portal to the area of the same name.
2. The repaint of the giant Buddha in Land Of The Tigers.
3. The construction and opening of new swinging pirate ship The Blue Barnacle in Pirates cove
4. The building and grand opening of Croc Drop in Forbidden Kingdom
5 An minor refurbishment and rename of Forbidden Kingdom,like Transylvania received for the 2017 season
6. New holiday lodges built in a similar design to the Enchanted Village at Alton Towers
7. The relocation of the Gruffalo stage show to the former Pandamonium stage
8. The relocation of the animal presentation to the former Gruffalo sage area
9 The addition of Animatronics,Smell Pods and animatronics to the Rainforest
10. The landscaping and turfing of the former Rodeo/Flying Jumbos site to become an Egyiption themed picnic and children’s playground area
11. The arrival of Brazilian Tapirs to the enclosure the Capybaras vacated in order to move to the Rainforest
12. The adaptation of the current Glamping restaurant in Wild Asia to become an Asian restaurant in which Bollywood music plays while you eat
13. The return of the chandeliers to the Vampires station
14. The retheme and return of the Peeking Hights ferris,which that has been in storage for the past three years. I think Peeking Hights will be relocated to Pirates Cove to replace SeaStorm,that will be removed over the closed season. I think that the Gondelas on Peeking Hights will be rethemed to Beer Barlles and the ride renamed.

Can you please share your thoughts on my predictions for the 2021 season at Chessington World Of Adventures!

Kind regards the ghost of Prof Burp everybody’s favourite Fizzy Pop maker

Apparently Chessington has been chaos in the last few days with huge queues and a lack of social distancing. People are suggesting they're letting too many people in.

Just sounds like a typical day there to me. They don't have enough high capacity rides and continue to add small filler attractions that can't cope with big numbers.

Apparently Chessington has been chaos in the last few days with huge queues and a lack of social distancing. People are suggesting they're letting too many people in.

Just sounds like a typical day there to me. They don't have enough high capacity rides and continue to add small filler attractions that can't cope with big numbers.
I went to Chessington last Wednesday and it was clear that the park just doesn't have the capacity it used to. Vampire on 2 trains, Zufari on 3 trucks, Tomb blaster on 3 trains.
Really they need to think about the park's capacity.

It doesn’t exactly help that they are only open from 10-16:00 for the whole summer and the queues for the major rides are all well over an hour.

@OilyWater I thought that as it has now been a decade and a half since I was fatally bitten by a giant rubber duck. I would join another Theme Park forum. I did this as wanted to can catch up with the changes that are being built at my home of 15 years Chessington World Of Adventures. I joined Thorpe Park Mania last year under the name of Theme Park Fanatic. I did this because as you may no I’m buried in the graveyard that is about a two minute walk away from my former beloved Fizzy Pop factory which I named BubbleWorks. As a result of this I did not want to draw attention to myself,as I knew that Thorpe Park would arrange for my skeleton to be dug up and displayed in one of their horror mazes.if they got word that I was a member of their community.Adjacent to the graveyard in which I am buried is The Vampire rollercoaster,in which myself and my Son John Wardley built why I was in the process of interviewing and employing staff members to assist me to make the Fizzy Pop with me.

Just to let you know I still haunt my beloved factory building to this day even though the bloody Gruffalo creature has set up home in it!

aufweisen,

Ah, the Efteling approach! Heide Park also had these going on in the Big Loop queue line, but they were opaque black boards rather than transparent, and really quite claustrophobic.

If the construction and design quality matches that of Tiger Rock then it should be a visually impressive new attraction. It has big shoes to fill, given Rameses' ability to draw a crowd to watch it, even in its later years.

The construction and design quality of Tiger Rock is not what I would call decent, impressive or suitable for a park owned by a company as large as Merlin. This is just my opinion, however.

I was there today and I can confirm these “screens” are nothing more than a flimsy piece of film, they already have holes in them where people have broken them.

In dragons fury they are using wooden boards, which works slightly better.

In zufari they had the cattlepen open with no mitigations between the rows, which was absolutely absurd.

In general the measures in place in the park were very hit and miss. Very good in some
places (tomb blaster, fury, scorpion express) and very poor in others (vampire, Gruffalo, zufari).

Be interested to know what you thought was wrong on Vampire @TPJames ?

Clear social distance markers throughout the queue (no cattle-pen section), frequent social distancing reminders, and only two trains worth of people being allowed into the station at any one time. No better or worse than operations on Scorpion Express, I'd argue.

Agree that Zufari in particular is an issue though, Dragon's Fury was too earlier in the week so I suppose those wooden boards have been put in very recently.

Be interested to know what you thought was wrong on Vampire @TPJames ?

Clear social distance markers throughout the queue (no cattle-pen section), frequent social distancing reminders, and only two trains worth of people being allowed into the station at any one time. No better or worse than operations on Scorpion Express, I'd argue.

Agree that Zufari in particular is an issue though, Dragon's Fury was too earlier in the week so I suppose those wooden boards have been put in very recently.

I liked the procedures on the whole for scorpion express, but then again I had a 0 minute wait time. The main thing I liked about scorpion express was the strict mask enforcement from the ride team. Those who weren't covering their nose and mouth were told off and the ride wouldn't start until everyone was wearing their masks properly.

Vampire I had a lot of issues with. The paw prints on the ground are relatively faint and they are at such sporadic distances, sometimes at a 1.5m distance, sometimes at a 5m distance, so most people weren't bothering to stick to them. I had been told by a friend Chessington had staff members in the queues enforcing social distance, but this was definitely not the reality either. In the queue someone announced down the tannoy that masks were mandatory the whole time in the building, but when entering the building no one enforced mask wearing, so only 70% ish of people were wearing masks, and the staff weren't saying anything to people getting on the ride either. What's worse was the ride broke down so I was stuck in the indoor section for a good half an hour and when it broke down everyones masks came off.. which was very stressful for me. I kept mine on throughout the whole queue line.

The ride with the best social distancing throughout the park was by far the tomb blaster. Instead of the vague paw prints on the ground there are yellow lines which say "please wait behind this line". Everyone in the queue for tomb blaster was making a lot of effort to social distance and most were wearing masks. Upon entering the building, there was lady strictly enforcing masks, she actually kicked 2 people ahead of me in the line out because they didn't have masks. Inside the building and throughout the ride there was 100% mask compliance and the team were very friendly and quick at getting dispatches out. Shame a lot of the targets were broken though.

One of my main issues across the whole park though is they are so careful loading you onto the rides but when you get off everyone just charges off in a massive pack and there's no hope of social distancing whatsoever... At scorpion express this was the worst though, as the hand sanitiser was by the exit gate so everyone was queuing for hand sanitiser with no social distancing (and most people's masks were off by this point).