• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

No there have been several changes.
the monkey and bird area was re-done in 2014 to become Amazu with rope bridges etc to see the monkeys.
The tigers moved in 2018 to the log flume area to create tiger rock.
the penguins haven’t moved but their area was refurbished.
I was aware of AMAZU but since he is too old to use the playground I didn't mention it. I should have remembered Tiger Rock though.

I was aware of AMAZU but since he is too old to use the playground I didn't mention it. I should have remembered Tiger Rock though.

Amazu isn’t just a playground? Almost all the monkey and bird enclosures were reconfigured so they are in different places. Everyone can go up to the high walkways to get a better view of the monkeys too. Last time I was at Chessington I explored the whole area.

Amazu isn’t just a playground? Almost all the monkey and bird enclosures were reconfigured so they are in different places. Everyone can go up to the high walkways to get a better view of the monkeys too. Last time I was at Chessington I explored the whole area.
Wait, everyone can go into Amazu!?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Wait, everyone can go into Amazu!?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yep, anyone can go up to the high level to look into the animal enclosures. There might be some restrictions to use slides or something, but just walking the rope bridges is open to all. You can't really see into some of the animal areas well anyway without going upstairs, from what I remember.
Website states those under 0.9m need to be accompanied, but no minimum or maximum height restrictions.

Chessington Howl'o'ween lineup has appeared. Creepy Caves comes back again, along with a new actor free magical woodland walk, and a few rides coming 'alive'.

I was at Chessington today. Was pleasantly surprised with the refurb of Tomb Blaster, the new audio and lighting effects make for a much more sinister and scary ride than it was before, including a couple of minor jump scares which I'd not noticed before. There's a lot of dark spaces between scenes but to be honest, this adds to the erieness of it all, as you can't see the backstage/maintenance bits that you could before. The throughput is still shocking, but overall a vast improvement on what the ride was this time last year.

The park was very, very quiet with walk-on coasters all day long, and crowds gravitating toward the kiddy rides such as Room On The Broom, the new Rainforest area and Zufari. Wild Asia and Land of the Tiger didn't open until 13.00, but even then the queues for the rides were minimal.

Best ride today was certainly Dragon's Fury, which we did 5 times and managed to balance well that it span through the layout like crazy! A lot of fun. Also interesting to note that this ride does allow single riders to be in a car by themselves. I believe Sonic Spinball doesn't, but could be wrong.

A very pleasant day indeed.

Chessington have released some interesting new personalised masks to encourage people to buy the ride photos :tearsofjoy:

33052894-0-image-m-15_1599824512498.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-face-masks-showing-scared-expressions.html

Last edited:
Bit of fun in these strange days.
Although seen some comments “typical Merlin money grabbing etc” problem those moaners don’t realise is no-one us forcing you to buy them.

Yeah I noticed that on Facebook too, lots of comments of "bet they are £20" and similar. Chessington seem very happy responding with £6.80 using the discount code. Its always amazing as well that people comment on something when by clicking on a link they can find out the actual information!

Chessington are doing a tease to 2021 new ride

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/chessington-world-adventures-signs-changes-19019180

Signs at Chessington South train station have been replaced by special hieroglyphics.

The symbols, designed by staff at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, have replaced the name of the theme park’s local train station, Chessington South.

It has now been given a special hieroglyphic name for the day.

Bus stop, road signs and even the Surrey resort’s logo have also been given the hieroglyph treatment.
Once decoded, these will spell out the name of the resort’s new ride for 2021.

Officials at the resort have described it as "jaw-dropping" - and say it is currently "being unearthed" in Forbidden Kingdom, one of 10 Lands at the family Theme Park.

A spokesman said: “We have created 26 bespoke hieroglyphs for each letter of the alphabet, some of which we’ve used today.

Last edited: