• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Did John Wardley actually say that though? I've seen Matt N repeat it 3 or 4 times and I know Matt N quoted it from someones tweet but we don't know that was true. Not unless we have a reliable source of him saying that.

Did John Wardley actually say that though? I've seen Matt N repeat it 3 or 4 times and I know Matt N quoted it from someones tweet but we don't know that was true. Not unless we have a reliable source of him saying that.
He did indeed, at the Q&A. It should be released online soon.

Screenshot_20220816-083149-765.png

There is something all very odd about this coaster. I wonder why they went for a shuttle coaster when there is more than enough room for a full circuit coaster, especially if it means they are going to need to engineer a way of it utilising 2 trains. If this was a standard shuttle then obviously they’d just use a turntable, however with a wing rider it means they have to come up with a new solution. All just seems a lot of faff.

The only thing a shuttle coasters offers is that you do the whole ride again backwards.

Not sure how B&M could have done more than what say, Mack and Gerstlauer have done with their more recent shuttle coasters (I.e. turntables and transfer tracks).

Even then Premier did that years ago with the Mr Freeze stuff.

Not sure how B&M could have done more than what say, Mack and Gerstlauer have done with their more recent shuttle coasters (I.e. turntables and transfer tracks).

Even then Premier did that years ago with the Mr Freeze stuff.

This is what I mean. Why have have they gone B&M? Seems an odd choice when they could have had a Mack with a sliding section to help with capacity.

Ah, interesting… I wonder why they put 24 on the planning application then?

In that case, I find Wardley’s comments about the capacity problem having been solved truly baffling, particularly given that he hasn’t been one to mince his words in the past…

I also wonder why it has a maintenance shed if it’s only running one train… maybe they’ve bought a spare train so that the ride can always operate even if one train is undergoing maintenance?
According to Shawn Sanbrooke in his recent construction update, the storage won't have a transfer track- the train would actually be craned off instead (why?) (11:28). Also, he is pretty sure that there will only be one train.

Source:

According to Shawn Sanbrooke in his recent construction update, the storage won't have a transfer track- the train would actually be craned off instead (11:28). Also, he is pretty sure that there will only be one train.

Source:

Oh wow! That seems… rather complicated. Many other B&Ms have transfer tracks; surely one would have sufficed fine on this?

Shawn is 100% accurate.

The train will be craned off if it needs removing.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Would be interesting to see how and where it will be craned off, given the station will most likely be fully enclosed now.

This is what I mean. Why have have they gone B&M? Seems an odd choice when they could have had a Mack with a sliding section to help with capacity.

Maybe because B&M were negotiating a 10 coaster deal with Merlin and they had 9 coasters in mind and just needed one to get up to the magical number?

Kind of like when you go in to a supermarket and see a 4 For The Price Of 3 deal and you really only need three items but you just grab an extra one anyway to make the numbers up for the offer.

Last edited:
Do shuttle rides have a separate maintenance shed like this does though? I am sure any train work just takes place in the station on other shuttle coasters, so it is odd that it has a separate maintenance area. I still personally expect just the one train though.

Do shuttle rides have a separate maintenance shed like this does though? I am sure any train work just takes place in the station on other shuttle coasters, so it is odd that it has a separate maintenance area. I still personally expect just the one train though.
They don’t, typically.
Why was anyone expecting a single train shuttle coaster to have a transfer track ?
It was only because the ride was shown to have a maintenance shed on the plans, and it did look as though they showed some sort of s-bend coming off the ride layout itself leading to it. I’m clearly wrong there, though.

Ah, interesting… I wonder why they put 24 on the planning application then?
The planning application shows 7 rows, so yeah it is 28 riders per train.
project-amazon-station-plan.png

Interesting how it will have a "maintenace pit" under the station track. Do any other B&M wing coasters have those?
Other coasters with multiple trains will have a transfer track to a maintenance shed. With one train if it isn’t working the whole coaster closes and maintenance is done in the station.

Technically you'd probably call the area under the Swarms track in the station a maintenance pit even though its really just a covered trough.

I do wonder though why bother with a maintenance shed if there's only one train and it has to be lifted off the track. I can't think of any other shuttle coaster with a maintenance shed. Although this is the first time B&M have built one.

Probably not enough space in the station to fully deconstruct the ride cars for inspection over the closed season. Those newer B+M maintenance sheds I've been in (Valravn, Valkryria, and Fenix) are absolutely massive.

By comparison I did a behind the scenes tour of GoldRush (Slagharen) and the ride vehicle was very small in comparison to the size of the station (no maintenance shed) so there's a lot more room to work with.