• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The irony of someone writing for the SPECTATOR calling out elitists regarding theme park food.

Its like reading on of those *Local*-Live articles. But some fancy words added on because the Spectator is that kind of journalism.

I don't really know what the spectator is 🤷‍♂️ Have you eaten at Chessington recently though? They're not wrong.

I don't really know what the spectator is 🤷‍♂️ Have you eaten at Chessington recently though? They're not wrong.

Right wing rag. Plain and simple, Guido Fawkes types love it.

And I don't doubt the food is poor (sounds it across the board atm with Merlin), but just that comment about "elitists" made me laugh considering who the journal is.

And I don't doubt the food is poor (sounds it across the board atm with Merlin),

Having eaten at all the parks this year, Chessington has fallen far far further than the rest of the estate for some reason. Previously I'd have put them generally above the in house offerings at Thorpe and Towers, but it's like they've actively tried to make it as bad as possible as some sort of experiment into what people will tolerate before they complain.

Is the Fish and Chips Still open near Black Bucaneer?

Used to get a really good sausage, chips and curry sauce for about £7. Thorpe used to do the same near Pirates 4D.

So the £60m is clearly true. This water park plus Jumanji is probably only half that budget. So what else is to come
They did file for a lodge complex, which is probably a good £15m in itself. That probably leaves room for either one more major investment or a selection of smaller ones.

Cariba Creek was for hotel guests only to start with so seems plausible that they do the same at Chessington and open as hotel guests only (at least in the main season) until demand eases out.
For location I would say between the hotel and sea life makes most sense. I hope they don’t remove more of the main park to build this like they did with Aztec Hotel.

It wasn't. I was in Cariba Creak the week it opened in 2003. I've never stayed in the hotels either.

If it is being removed, then it would appear that I owe @Prof Burp an apology... over on TPM, they've been banging that drum for months, perhaps even years, but I myself genuinely thought it was likely to return. I sincerely apologise for not giving your idea more consideration.

In terms of what they're removing it for, if they are removing it... from memory, Mexicana isn't that close to the edge of Chessington, is it? So could it be for a supplementary addition into the main park to complement the new waterpark?

Last edited:
If its not returning then Chessington are literally handing there target market in a plate to the competition. Its there only coaster suitable for young children…. 0.9meters to say vampire 1.1m’s is a big difference. And one that Southend, Paultons and many non merlin parks cater well for…

If its not returning then Chessington are literally handing there target market in a plate to the competition. Its there only coaster suitable for young children…. 0.9meters to say vampire 1.1m’s is a big difference. And one that Southend, Paultons and many non merlin parks cater well for…
They may well have a replacement junior coaster lined up, for all we know.

They may well have a replacement junior coaster lined up, for all we know.
Yes, but for when ? At the moment its a massive issue, if it takes 2-3 years for a replacement then so be but what about the kids that are now missing out, by the time a replacement would open they would be tall enough for the vampire which would likely just fully close due to end of life. Etc