• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Why I won't be staying at the hotel and stay at the premier inn nearby... ;)

Oh Chessington makes me sad atm :( It's not the same as it was... and the batching... urgh. There were few good points about Saturday to talk about.

What worries me most, is that someone has signed off on the pre show. If it was better animated, and the voice sync, was actually synced, it would be a million times better.

If I was buying that, I would sample the customers offering a solution, go and experience something similar at Disney, and then make a decision.

If money is an issue, and it means that you have to get a budget solution, just drop it all together if it is not of a high enough standard. Maybe, as an older guest visiting the park, I can spot these failings, and not just enjoy it for what it is? The younger guests on Sunday seemed to enjoy it, and were joining in, and making a lot of noise.

Ian

Have they REALLY gone back to loading Tomb Blaster by batching AFTER the train has arrived?

Please tell me they haven't...

They were, sadly. As we boarded the train, Jared asked the host why they were doing this. I didn't hear the reply.

DiogoJ42 said:
They were, sadly. As we boarded the train, Jared asked the host why they were doing this. I didn't hear the reply.

I got the standard, this is the rides operating practice nonsense.

They are also no longer allowed to dispatch a train on Vampire until the second one is parked on the brakes...

It is H&S gone mad.

Chessington Train Station does not have any barriers, or stops people going on the platform before the train arrives.

The car park does not have to be shut every time someone gets out a car, so they can get the the path safely before another car enters.

Its common sense, and sensible parental supervision. Why does any roller coaster station need a barrier really?

If your messing about on a train station, and fall on to the tracks, its your fault. It not the rail operators fault, its not the governments fault, it no one's fault but your own, or the person responsible for you. This may seem a little harsh, but the same should apply in a theme park.

Now, if the path was cracked, or the floor surface was uneven, due to poor maintenance, then that is fair enough, and you should be able to take action.

Lots of ifs and buts, but in general, if your sensible, and not messing around, there is not much harm you can do to your self in a rollercoaster train station.

Ian

I don't like the small replies as people may have gathered but :eek:

Are they trying to ruin this park? This incredibly excessive now.

So back to the procedure which were so obviously useless and painful for guests because a lack of airgates? Guess what Chessie, PUT SOME IN THEN!

As for Vampire, WHAT, THE, HELL? That's a right mess (understatement) to put in... What a load of bull... From second highest throughput racing machine with quick, efficient staff (back when I worked there) to this...

This park is becoming an operational mess it always threatened to be in recent years...

thefatone said:
They're not allowed to dispatch before the other one is in the brake run? Wow. I'm literally speechless.
Yep, that's what we were told. Though to be honest it didn't really matter - the speed at which they were loading/checking/dispatching was such that those in the brake run always had a fair wait before advancing to the station...

IanB said:
It was nice to bump in to Chessington Buzz briefly at the end of Saturday.

How did I miss you Ian?! I was with Chessie Buzz but left at around twenty to seven on Saturday. We could have had a discussion on how Chessie has gone down hill and Palace's recent form =P

Anyway, To post something on topic, the batching on Vampire is dreadful. I never understood why there can be only 2 people standing in the rows at a time until the next train has arrived. it's pathetic. Needless to say that the operations on most of the rides at Chessington are dreadful nowadays :(

I was leaving the restaurant, as everyone else was going in.

So think that was about 8.30ish in the evening.

As for Palace, I am sure they can turn things around, and if we go to Wembley, maybe that would be a good chance to revisit CWOA, and see how things have changed :)

Ian

ThemeUk have some updates from last week.

Chesupdate14.jpg

They are refurbishing the buildings in Mystic East, notice they have removed the window on the bakc of Dragon's Lair and the balcony behind the Oriental Express ("Chang's Cycles"). There used to be lots more detail on the backs of those buildings but most of it was removed years ago. Personally I hope they extensively clean and restore the colour to the station building, which is actually quite a beautiful building behind the overgrown plants and grime.

You can also see they have replaced some roofs and are working on expanding the Dragon's Lair.

Chesupdate03.jpg

Here's the Dragon Tunnel without its rotten rockery for those who haven't seen.

When we rode Peking Heights at the CB meet, we were too busy gawping in shock to take photos in our gondola. Rowe might have though, she only views the world through her SLR ;)

HAH, they've actually put in a disabled entrance to Vampire in Trail of the Kings...

I remember having to assist some people with a mobility scooter out that way as they'd come in through the main queue (the idiots)...

That'll be fun explaining it to them though...

The mad thing is that the main queue is more disabled friendly than the exit, which has the stepped bridge over the track.
The new entrance is an open fire door at the back of the offload platform, letting daylight spill in to the station.

The disabled queue is always long enough to stretch out through the door, so it satys open.