• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

What’s stopping someone just creating multiple accounts with different email addresses?
That’s very true; I didn’t think of that.

But couldn’t a slightly more complex solution such as something restricting each device IP address to one reservation per day get around this?

My point is; where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m sure there are ways that they could have enforced this rule if they had really wanted to.

That’s very true; I didn’t think of that.

But couldn’t a slightly more complex solution such as something restricting each device IP address to one reservation per day get around this?

My point is; where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m sure there are ways that they could have enforced this rule if they had really wanted to.
Another issue they had was because it could be booked for up to six people a group of six could just book it once each, so they all get six rides on it.

What’s stopping someone just creating multiple accounts with different email addresses?
Nothing at all. Furthermore, the email doesn't get validated so you can use one that doesn't exist / that you can't access.

Each reservation could be linked to an entrance ticket. It wouldn't be too much trouble if they could be bothered to do things properly, but as is the case across most things they do, they don't.
And that is why this industry is cyclical ...

I hate fast track at the best of times. It’s money grabbing, creates an hierarchy amongst guests and makes stand by queues longer. Going to parks that don’t over sell it, or even better don’t have it at all is always a refreshing change to merlin offerings.

I can imagine that fast track for Mandrill is going to cause mayhem, not a good idea at all. Just pure greed from merlin. Sad thing is I reckon people will pay it if they want to go on the shiny new coaster and the virtual queue is full, so I imagine their ‘trial’ will be considered a success. Actual guest experience doesn’t seem to matter, only the amount of £££ they can bring in.

Last edited:
Each reservation could be linked to an entrance ticket. It wouldn't be too much trouble if they could be bothered to do things properly, but as is the case across most things they do, they don't.
That’s the solution for me.

I think it’s about time they just opened the queue up, it’s sitting on a virtual queue of about 20 minutes while Dragons Fury and Vampire sit on 100 mins plus on peak days.

What’s the difference of sitting in Mandrill queue for two hours or Vampire’s?

Dragon’s Fury supposedly has this because one of the brake runs is apparently unable to stop a full car in certain conditions; I seem to remember something along those lines being mentioned earlier in the thread when I asked a similar question.

Spinball doesn’t have the same 3 adult limit, to my knowledge, but I could be wrong there. It has an individual weight limit of 111kg, but I have never seen enforcement of this weight limit.
Yes, it’s to do with over speeding and I think it’s why they built covers over the brake runs to help.

It only runs a maximum of three adults at any time. Spinball can have 4 (also has a wet weather mode).

As much as Dragons Fury is the superior ride it takes up a large footprint and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go at some point. Will certainly go before Spinball.

Yes, it’s to do with over speeding and I think it’s why they built covers over the brake runs to help.

It only runs a maximum of three adults at any time. Spinball can have 4 (also has a wet weather mode).

As much as Dragons Fury is the superior ride it takes up a large footprint and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go at some point. Will certainly go before Spinball.
Rattlesnake also only allows 3 adults per car. Is that for similar reasons?

Last edited:
Mandrill Mayhem has a one reservation per day policy right? If people pay that £12, does that allow them to have an extra ride? If this is the case then Fasttrack for Mandrill Mayhem is monumentally stupid.

I don’t know if the one reversion per day policy is maybe perhaps only for peak times but when I visited a two weeks ago on a Monday I was able to reserve a slot as often as I wanted. I had about 7 rides on it that day and I was taking to someone that was up to about 15 that day.

Interestingly it states that you are able to reserve a slot from 9:45am but I actually tried reserving one about 20 minutes earlier than that whilst I was on my way to the park and it let me do that.

The tap is turned on and off depending on how large the queue is, although it'll be turned on a little less now to make way for speedy pass people.