• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Food handling ,storage processes etc will likely have not been upto scratch ?

The report shows issues with hygienic food handling and management of food safety for that unit.

While it was a bit of a tounge in cheek comment, really with something brand new those things should be designed into the unit in a way they are virtually impossible to get wrong. It should be idiot proof, and it surely highlights wider failings by management and the delivery team for the whole area.

I was thinking exactly the same. How can a kisok just over 1 month old and purpose built not achieve 5 stars??
Simple, administration records not kept correctly, or procedures not being followed, correct cutting boards used etc.
The place may be up to standards, the humans within it not.
And who is the baby kisok?

Just because a unit is new does not mean it should automatically get a 5, and a 4 is still good, no real issues there. It just means that there were some minor issues that are not of great concern to public safety. The documentation was probably not completely up to scratch, that's an easy way to fall down on your food hygiene rating.

I'd be much more concerned at the hotel restaurant getting a 2, wouldn't be going anywhere near it until that improves.

Really, I’ve seen independent roadside food units with a 5 hygiene rating. I can’t imagine the second biggest entertainment company would take a huge hit to make the food up to scratch

Again, there probably isn't anything keeping the food from being "up to scratch" when comparing 4/5 to 5/5, its management, record keeping and similar that is more often the issue at that point.
Its also not the "second biggest entertainment company" its a global food service provider, as these are all Aramark. Compare them to compass group or Baxterstorey.

Again, there probably isn't anything keeping the food from being "up to scratch" when comparing 4/5 to 5/5, its management, record keeping and similar that is more often the issue at that point.
Its also not the "second biggest entertainment company" its a global food service provider, as these are all Aramark. Compare them to compass group or Baxterstorey.
I was talking about Merlin. I don’t think it’s aramarks fault for poor hygiene on Merlin’s part. I want high standards for the high prices the general public pay for. But yes, it probably is poor management, even though sounds like a pain in the butt to manage 20 food units.

I was talking about Merlin. I don’t think it’s aramarks fault for poor hygiene on Merlin’s part. I want high standards for the high prices the general public pay for. But yes, it probably is poor management, even though sounds like a pain in the butt to manage 20 food units.
Aramark are running the food operations, they set the rules and recruit the staff for the food kiosks. Aramark are directly to blame. The venue on the food hygiene report is listed as “Aramark@“ showing they are operating that restaurant/kiosk.

If it’s a pain in the butt to manage them they should never have accepted the contract.

Aramark are running the food operations, they set the rules and recruit the staff for the food kiosks. Aramark are directly to blame. The venue on the food hygiene report is listed as “Aramark@“ showing they are operating that restaurant/kiosk.

If it’s a pain in the butt to manage them they should never have accepted the contract.
Damn. Sorry I didn’t know that

You jest but this brings back flashbacks of Alton Towers around 2002/3. They had free Virtual Q for everyone, first-come first-served (scan your park ticket), and then they introduced a paid version for your phone called VQ Mobile. You could guarantee as soon as the free VQ ran out they'd have their vans down in the Valley trying to sell VQ Mobile
But then it only cost £5 for 5 rides (Oblivion, Nem, air, corkscrew, rmt) plus u got text updates of que times!

Scorpion Express reopening has been pushed back again. It has been closed since July 2022.

Originally the website said reopening April, that was pushed to June and now it is simply ‘closed until further notice’.