• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The posts are set into the tarmac.

I guess they could take the gates off the hinges, but those fences at the sides don't look like they'll be going anywhere.
Yes that’s basically what I mean to remove the gates and then reinstall them when needed. Seems really strange unless they are planning to close other areas on off-peak days.

Containment gates have been used a lot at Chessington over the years to close areas off for winter opening, for hotel early rider sessions and for allowing guests into certain areas of the park pre-opening on busier days. The quality of the containment gates in the past however, has always been better than these ones.

While Chessington Buzz are mostly trustworthy, I don’t see Chessington getting a roller coaster for 2024. At very least, I don’t see them getting a substantial roller coaster for 2024.

It’s only 3 months until the new season. For anything other than a very small roller coaster, that is way too much of a quick turnaround when we didn’t even see any construction before the season was out.

If what Chessington Buzz are saying is a genuine rumour, the only type of coaster I can see being vaguely plausible at Chessington for 2024 is some kind of kiddie coaster, maybe to replace Scorpion Express if it is defunct as many suggest. Octonauts was built in 2 months at Alton Towers without any planning permission, so a kiddie coaster would be doable.

But I think the ship sailed a long time ago for any kind of major 2024 coaster for Chessington at this point.

Chessington Buzz have been alluding that an RMC Moose is coming to Chessington with one of the coasters being removed and replaced... referencing the new 'construction gates' (and of course, they've also been playing with the Rita rumours) I had suggested a Moose being a good replacement for Rattlesnake & was told to put a pin in the conversation. Also a good connection said that it's worth 'watching this space' regarding circulating rumours but that could mean anything so I've taken it as the unsubstantiated nothingness that it is. I had wondered before whether the RMC tease in the Alton Towers video with John Burton was suggestive that a Merlin site could be getting an RMC rather than Towers specifically... who knows!

Change is needed for that area of the park but I can't see something like an RMC not having been announced already for the 2024 season 🤣 Definitely with @Matt N... a kiddy coaster to replace SE is more likely if anything noteable at all happens for next year! We are staying next weekend so will keep my eyes peeled for anything interesting 👀