• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I'm not sure what could ever replicate the popularity of Vampire in a park like CWOA, especially if you're limited to the Scorpion Express location and other planning permissions.

Hmm... I'd say there's a lot of potential if we include the Rodeo spot, Children's Zoo, Rattlesnake and the rest of Mexicana for a coaster that could replicate the popularity of Vampire.

At the moment though, what is needed is something similar to Scorpion Express. I'd say another Mack Powered Coaster (dueling maybe) and a larger high capacity family thrill rollercoaster to rival or succeed Vampire.

A Vekoma Mine Train would be perfect but I'm not sure that would have the star power that Vampire has. Something with that potential and fits Chessington like a glove would be a Quad Bike coaster from Intamin like Juvelen.

Hmm... I'd say there's a lot of potential if we include the Rodeo spot, Children's Zoo, Rattlesnake and the rest of Mexicana for a coaster that could replicate the popularity of Vampire.

At the moment though, what is needed is something similar to Scorpion Express. I'd say another Mack Powered Coaster (dueling maybe) and a larger high capacity family thrill rollercoaster to rival or succeed Vampire.

A Vekoma Mine Train would be perfect but I'm not sure that would have the star power that Vampire has. Something with that potential and fits Chessington like a glove would be a Quad Bike coaster from Intamin like Juvelen.
Should buy one of those new RMC wild moose coasters and do a lift and shift on the Rattlesnake plot.

Realistically I don’t think Merlin will want to have to do a rebuild of Vampire. It’d be closed for a year while they were doing the work, and although most of the enthusiasts prefer Nemesis, arguably Chessington leans more heavily on Vampire than Towers does on Nemesis. With Safari Skyway, Peeking Heights and Scorpion Express all gone, they won’t want a Vampire sized hole in their lineup, even if it’s just for a year.

It'd be a big cost, and I suspect the ability to bring in extra visitors with it would be somewhat limited. Although Tomb Blaster gets these sticking plaster solutions, it seems to need something more comprehensive and now Scorpion Express has gone, that side of the park needs some investment. Chessington have options for investing, beyond the Vampire site.

Vampire still gets two hours queues on a fairly regular basis. Whilst you could argue it looks very jaded, it’s not like it’s a ride they’re trying to drive extra people to.

In the end though, it will just come down to the state of the track and what they find when they do inspections on it.

Tbh a vekoma rework of vampire and a mini big thunder mountain to replace the whole of the old scorpion, rattlesnake sites and buildings/ children's zoo would be a good fit, low enough height restriction and would certainly match the vampire fans

Some repaint and improvements to the tomb blaster queue, but on the ride they have turned some of the uv lights back on again.

Also a side of the wobelisk has fallen off

Last edited:
Some repaint and improvements to the tomb blaster queue, but on the ride they have turned some of the uv lights back on again.

Also a side of the wobelisk has fallen off
I honestly wish they would just close Tomb Blaster and give it the Curse at Alton Manor treatment. It's in such a sorry state and it's quite sad to ride knowing what used to be in that building before it was enshittified in 2002. They need to spend some money on it and turn it into a proper darkride again, instead of just rudimentarily patching up what is essentially a glorified arcade game every 5 or so years.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Nemesis was 100% end of life before being replaced. I wouldn't use the 2029 figure as gospel. Would make sense to close it end of 2028, rebuild 29 and reopen for Vampire XL in 2030

100% sounds like something plucked out the air by an enthusiast lol
not really the 2029 date I am guessing is the NDT date of the track, where they do a very in depth inspection of the track from ryan the ride mechanic they would do daily track inspections and yearly more in depth check and then the highly in depth NDT where ryans park would get an external company in It dosn't mean no crack or problems will be discovered untill the next NDT date but it may be that more serious problems are discovered using NDT. although 2029 may not be the acctual date as it can vary between manurfactures, age etc but it is hwo they are inspected at least in the us

Rides in the UK will all be inspected annually by a independent company, regardless of whatever other condition surveys a park may choose to undertake to predict the remaining life of their attractions. It's worth noting that fatigue is notoriously hard to predict so for an old ride like vampire I'd expect the findings of any such condition survey to come with a fair degree of uncertainty

Ninja at SFMM is a couple of years older than Vampire and a far more dynamic ride so it's certainly possible Vampire could last another few years (at least). Even so, a claim on a forum that the track is good to go for at least 5 years is always going to raise eyebrows, unless it's extremely well sourced.

Rides in the UK will all be inspected annually by a independent company, regardless of whatever other condition surveys a park may choose to undertake to predict the remaining life of their attractions. It's worth noting that fatigue is notoriously hard to predict so for an old ride like vampire I'd expect the findings of any such condition survey to come with a fair degree of uncertainty

Ninja at SFMM is a couple of years older than Vampire and a far more dynamic ride so it's certainly possible Vampire could last another few years (at least). Even so, a claim on a forum that the track is good to go for at least 5 years is always going to raise eyebrows, unless it's extremely well sourced.
ah, it may work differntly than in the US i was told every now and then (not every year) then they have to do a full NDT assesment not just visual, and I fully agree with your point of saying that saying 5 years reading my post back now it sounds like I am agreeing with the 5 year point, I am not just the inspection part which is why I said other issues may be found in the yearly/daily checks (or what ever they do alternativley) in my orrigional post