• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

There is a love clock on the penguins page.

Can't say this addition excites me in the slightest. I'm sure it will all be very nice but it's about time they actually got something exciting. Next year is utterly boring for UK theme parks!

:)

The investment obviously isn't aimed at us, it doesn't really entice me at all. I'm sure young children will love it though, believe it or not, Madagascar is still a very popular brand. The meet'n'greets that take place in the hotel still go down very well with the children. The themed rooms will probably be popular too.

To be honest though, we shouldn't really have expected much from any of the parks this year, we have just had two years of solid major investment. (Excluding Thorpe.) Getting another big thing would have been very lucky.

^ You could say that about anything.

The four year old in a family won't want to go on The Smiler, because its not aimed at them. There's nothing wrong with spending a year targeting children, parks do it all the time.

The investment obviously isn't aimed at us, it doesn't really entice me at all. I'm sure young children will love it though, believe it or not, Madagascar is still a very popular brand. The meet'n'greets that take place in the hotel still go down very well with the children. The themed rooms will probably be popular too.

To be honest though, we shouldn't really have expected much from any of the parks this year, we have just had two years of solid major investment. (Excluding Thorpe.) Getting another big thing would have been very lucky.

Whether it's meant to be aimed at me or not it's still not exactly exciting. I'm sure it will all be popular as it all appears IP based but Chessie is long overdue an exciting new attraction. Zufari had some potential to be that but it turned out to be short and somewhat boring. And an exciting new attraction does not have to mean a big thrill coaster. We all know Chessie aren't going to get one of those. But a new family coaster or a rapids, something like that is needed.

Well, several years of solid investment at Towers so it's fair enough that they're not getting much next year. But I'm not just talking about the Merlin parks, it doesn't seem like any of the other parks in the UK are doing anything that is exciting in any way.

:)

I hope this isn't the major attraction next year though.

Nope this is it for new at Chessington for 2015 I think.

BUT Chessington is starting to run out of space for new rides due to their greenbelt restrictions and they need to refurbish, a lot of the park was looking scruffy. They did well at refurbs last year with the new Market Square and Amazu. So I think they new penguin cove will help a lot, particularly with the Winter Zoo Days.

Although I think the Penguin themed rides will just be the jungle bouncers (frog hoppers) which are next to the Magascar show stage. Although they do need re theming (they had Ribena sponsorship that was just removed without really sorting it properly) it would be nice if they added something more, evening just an extra small kiddie ride.

^ You could say that about anything.

The four year old in a family won't want to go on The Smiler, because its not aimed at them. There's nothing wrong with spending a year targeting children, parks do it all the time.

Yes but they still need a mixture of ages targeted overall. That is the good thig about a Disney parks, things like Pirates of the Caribbean can be enjoyed by almost anyone.

I do like a show with a snappy title. The bit I’m most excited about is the new penguin enclosure. Penguins are always one of the more popular animals in a zoo, even if they’re not the rarest or the one most need of a breeding programme. They’re just fun to watch in the same way that otters and meerkats are. There’s not necessarily anything wrong with the current exhibit, but there’s definitely more exciting ones out there.

Calling it a ‘walk-through’ sounds like there might be some kind of acrylic tunnel. It’d love it if they put in a wave machine (like Bristol Zoo) or made the pool a lot deeper so you could see the penguins dive vertically as well as swimming horizontally (like at Sea World).

*sigh*

Reading these two pages is depressing. This county has gone health and safety mad.

She only fractured her skull, what's she complaining about? I'm sure she coulda walked it off. Bloody women, always moaning about something.

She only fractured her skull, what's she complaining about? I'm sure she coulda walked it off. Bloody women, always moaning about something.

I mentioned nothing whatsoever about the girl. But thanks for your unwarranted post.

I mentioned nothing whatsoever about the girl. But thanks for your unwarranted post.
It was made in response to a discussion about this girl's injury, so it can be assumed that your comment was related to that event, unless you posted it at random and it was an extraordinary coincidence that it was relevant.

*sigh*

It was in response to the two pages regarding Dr Peter Cave, the HSE taking Chessington to court and generally other posts on those two pages that noted how health and safety is pretty over the top in this country.

It was in response to the two pages regarding Dr Peter Cave, the HSE taking Chessington to court and generally other posts on those two pages that noted how health and safety is pretty over the top in this country.

But what happened at Chessington SEEMS to me to be pretty bad. I also wasn't very impressed at the lack of respect shown to the Grandfather who fell at Warwick castle either.

There are times when H&S does go OTT, but I think it's a bit TOO easy to start the shouting match about it.

Both Merlin incidents were pretty tragic and I believe personally both warranted good investigation and remedy to prevent future occurrences.

Out-ruling a game of conkers. THAT is H&S going mad (*though it wasn't H&S).

Investigating alleged breeches of public safety issues at a theme park with 100k's of visitors that had two serious incidents that were seemingly BOTH avoidable and having someone speaking out about it (which is how I read what has happened, correctly or not, that is what my comment is based upon, not accusation) to my mind is the correct thing to do.

There ARE without question H&S aspects that go OTT, but sometimes I would rather they aired on a cautionary side that had a tragedy later.

I don't understand sensibly, and without being arrogant or completely clinical and cold to the feelings of others, how you could feel otherwise.

My post was not it specifically aimed at those particular incidents, so why I'm getting counter arguments against something I didn't even specifically refer too I don't know.

My post was in direct reference to several posts on the previous page that said how silly H&S can be, such as random parts of Towers' gardens being fenced off.

My post was not it specifically aimed at those particular incidents, so why I'm getting counter arguments against something I didn't even specifically refer too I don't know.

My post was in direct reference to several posts on the previous page that said how silly H&S can be, such as random parts of Towers' gardens being fenced off.

I was talking in general about the overall discussion.