• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Shamefully
Bad
Failures (I'll keep it pc so the mods don't kill me)

SBF build crap for cheap. In a world where Zamperla, KMG, HUSS, Technical Park etc exist, there is no excuse for Merlin to go and buy from the bargain basement. It'd be like them buying a Preston & Barbieri or an L&T Systems coaster and claiming it to be suitably high qaulity.

Apparently Chessington hired a consultant to help them pick the rides, and he said that SBF Visa are actually really well engineered these days. I can't remember what the consultant was called, but he drives a yellow three wheeled van, if anyone knows who I mean.

Apparently Chessington hired a consultant to help them pick the rides, and he said that SBF Visa are actually really well engineered these days. I can't remember what the consultant was called, but he drives a yellow three wheeled van, if anyone knows who I mean.

Funny that, another consultant apparently had a very nice Labrador guiding him out of the building

How is a SBF Jumper going to cope with demand if Mix Tape was having problems at Alton? Unless it’s different hardware which I avjt imagine it being that different?

World-of-Jumanji-Jaguar-Shrine-Press-Images.jpg

world-of-jumanji-entrance-portal-press-images.jpg

The reported investment level of this land of £12.5 million perhaps helps to explain the choice of manufacturer for the flat rides.

It seems low for what this has to cover. Bearing in mind this is a brand new area from the ground up, with IP costs to pay for, a B&M coaster, 2 flat rides, associated buildings/shops, 55ft theming feature etc.

Not sure how far this is going to stretch.

The reported investment level of this land of £12.5 million perhaps helps to explain the choice of manufacturer for the flat rides.

It seems low for what this has to cover. Bearing in mind this is a brand new area from the ground up, with IP costs to pay for, a B&M coaster, 2 flat rides, associated buildings/shops, 55ft theming feature etc.

Not sure how far this is going to stretch.
Been reported here the total project will cost $20.5 million (£17 million)

The last Jumanji film came out in 2019 with another one in development. I think for a company that doesn’t own the IP’s this is a pretty solid choice to be fair.

Plus when the IP agreement does end, the park will be left with a generic jungle/animal land that fits well with the overall theme of the park, which is a bonus.

I continue to be unimpressed by Merlin’s choice of IP. Half expecting Grown Ups 2: The Ride to open in 2026
God not again. In what world is a franchise that has done £2 BILLION at the box office, with more on the way as @AT86 says, not a slam dunk ? Not to mention the franchise is hand in glove in terms of Chessington's theme.

Enthusiasts (for 20 years) - Chessington needs more investment
Merlin - £17m new area with a roller coaster from the most highly regarded manufacturer of all time
Enthusiasts - No.

Absolute plant pots.

Bring it on.