• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Jeez, just when you think Chessington couldn’t get worse with its queues and throughput problems, they actually open a new coaster that’s probably going to make things even worse.
Chessington is actually in really good shape at the moment. The difference between my most recent visit and my visit prior are night and day.

I don't think it holds a candle to the 1998 - 2004 era of the park, but it's certainly a lot better than it has been in recent years. If they had the staff, I think it could be a truly
great park.

Hopefully, with the engineers unionizing for better pay, Merlin will decide to pay the rest of their teams above minimum wage, (though I'm rather doubtful that they will if I'm honest with you), otherwise they're going to see employees leave when a better opportunity comes - the park is only as good as the sum of its parts. Even if they had the best rides, food and theme in the world, without the staff, there is simply no park.

So if you are in a group of 6 you can ride 6 times a day, with each of you making the booking for 6 people? Unless they link it up to each individual park entry ticket it's ripe for abuse.

They've realised the throughput is woefully inadequate and are putting things in place to try to manage this.

They also missed the bit at the end where you queue for 45 minutes even after having waited for ages virtually because without a standby line this set up never works. It is just about impossible for it to work in a live themepark environment. It is ideology over practicality.

Whole thing will need avoiding like the plague for months I should think.
It's not ticket linked, if it was it wouldn't show before log in, it's literally create a new account get a new shot...

Would just like to ask, the park are advertised to be open on some weekends in November. Does this include all rides and attractions, only selected rides, or only the zoo. Specifically looking at the 25th and 26th November.

Would just like to ask, the park are advertised to be open on some weekends in November. Does this include all rides and attractions, only selected rides, or only the zoo. Specifically looking at the 25th and 26th November.

That will be the first weekend of the Christmas event, no details have been announced as to what it will include yet. It’s usually only a handful of the smaller rides and the zoo.

Gonna be fun watching half empty trains going round when everyone waits for the front and back rows for their only ride of the day.
I reckon there will be a lot of people hanging round not joining the likes of vampire or dragons fury queues for fear of missing their slot due to being caught in a massive slow queue too.

YouTubers going to be in shambles only being able to ride it once in a day