• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Nope, station host has to watch the train in, then climb over. They didn't even block the back 2 rows off and let people free batch
When I visited the host didn't even leave his position, just shouted row numbers across. I couldn't hear him so just went to the front row as there was only one other group there lol.

So we're travelling down there tomorrow from the Midlands for my youngest 10th birthday. Any tips? Is Mandrill still running Virtual queue? And how easy is it to get one?

Was Vampire only running 1 train or something? 360pph sounds low for a coaster with two 24-rider trains operating.

Nope, station host has to watch the train in, then climb over. They didn't even block the back 2 rows off and let people free batch
Free batching is awful though lol. The general public are absolute monsters when left to their own devices lol.
Still, they can't continue batching from the platform. It could work with other rides, but the music in the station is dreadfully loud.

Also, in response to @Skyscraper :
They aren't really supposed to jump across, since the onload position has an e-stop.

Last edited:
Mandrill was getting roughly 500pph when I went a few days ago. Batching has definitely sped up since I last went, we were sent over the bridge just as the train was coming back into the station.

Mandrill was getting roughly 500pph when I went a few days ago. Batching has definitely sped up since I last went, we were sent over the bridge just as the train was coming back into the station.

I assume they still don’t fill the air gates until the train is back in the station?

That's pretty decent, but where are you getting these stats from?
Everyone in this chat is getting their rough stats from counting the dispatches and observing the staff.

I assume they still don’t fill the air gates until the train is back in the station?
Correct. The train was back in the station, but we were sent over the bridge as the train braked in the station but wasn't fully parked like on my previous rides.

Last edited:
Free batching is awful though lol. The general public are absolute monsters when left to their own devices lol.
Still, they can't continue batching from the platform. It could work with other rides, but the music in the station is dreadfully loud.

Also, in response to @Skyscraper :
They aren't really supposed to jump across, since the onload position has an e-stop.
Both Vampire and Tomb Blaster had not batcher, and for some reason no one went to the gates until the trains were in. On both of those my group was at the front of the queue, so we got into the air gates just before they opened.

So we're travelling down there tomorrow from the Midlands for my youngest 10th birthday. Any tips? Is Mandrill still running Virtual queue? And how easy is it to get one?

Early on its instant slots. Book it at 0945 and you're away. Looks like Dragons Fury will be open as it was testing today

Seemed to be running okay this morning and then getting crippled as the day goes on .

Ih

If you want a quick cool down, the grufalo can be quickly transformed to get you wet and cool.

Seemed to be running okay this morning and then getting crippled as the day goes on .

Ih

If you want a quick cool down, the grufalo can be quickly transformed to get you wet and cool.
Yeah it gets you a bit wetter than most would expect. Fun ride though and well worth a go. Tiger Rock doesn't get you that wet either, even with 4 adults and two big rucksacks lol. That's fun too.