Christmas 2021: Christmas Markets

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by Matt N, 9th Jun 2021.

1. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

but finding enough cast to play the role is likely still the harder part.
    I think AT look it as better having four hotels full of very happy guests paying a high price for a pretty good product. Try and offer a bigger event and get it wrong and people won’t come back.

2. NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel TowersStreet Member

Also there's the fact that reserving the Santa experience for hotel guests only makes it more exclusive, so those who've paid for the hotel package feel they're getting a unique experience that's not available to all and sundry. If you offer every experience to everyone, including day guests, then there's less perceived value in the hotel stays.

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  3. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Plus it wouldn't be a "Santa Sleepover" if you didn't stay onsite. :p
    Definitely more exlusive. :)

4. jon81uk

Spotted that passholders can pre-book parking for free.
    Rides and Lightopia are still an additional charge, but entry to the markets is now free for passholders instead of £6 per car.

Skyscraper likes this.
  5. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

Regarding the cost of the Christmas event, am I right in thinking that going as a group of 6, 3 of which are MAP holders and in 2 cars that all we have to pay for is Lightopia (not interested in the rides)? So that would be £120 (6 x £20)

6. jon81uk

Yep that’s the way I read it too. Still need to book parking using the passholders link, but can pick to pay for rides or lightopia or both.

Assuming it’s long enough Lightopia pricing seems to be in line with other similar attractions.