• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Closure of Nemmy and Rita SRQ. Please Don't do this!

Yalnix

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Helix
Why did they have to do this. I am a huge fan of SRQ as my friends and me don't mind not sitting next to each other. Nemmy's SQR meant that at night during Scarefest I could re-ride it over and over again in the dark! My biggest Fear is the closure of it on other rides. I love the SRQ on 13 and Smiler too as those tend to have the longest queue. The smiler and Nemmy are my favorite rideas and I need those SRQ as im sure most of you enthusiast do too.

I just hope they won't close anymore as it just increases traffic. Single riders are great as they fill empty trains. Especially with groups off threes that leave a forth seat. I once got on front row on the smiler in a 20 minute wait. Oblivion is a short Queue anyway so if your going to take any way, then take it, not nemmy!

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere.

Why? Simple. Budget cuts. They think they can't afford the staff to stand and host at the SRQ entrances to the station.

Been discussed before but the Nemesis SRQ also slowed down operations as singles couldn't be pre-batched into the airgate lines due to the SRQ being on the wrong side of the station.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. It slightly annoying but my concern is that they will get rid of it on The Smiler. A ride I cannot be bothered to queue for 2 hours.

Smiler is likely to keep the SRQ as it doesn't require any additional staff and makes loading the ride more efficient as staff (should) never have to close an empty restraint.

Thank god. Nemesis' queue actually goes quite quickly and I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Rita. It's just the Smiler and 13 which always seem to have ridiculously long and wet (Not 13) queues.

Simple reason: No SRQ means more people in the main queue, so they can sell more fastracks. :/

Towers FT are more quota limited than any other Merlin park, the 50 or so SRQ users won't make any odds to them as they usually sell their quotas quite well (they made their FT more expensive than Thorpe).

SRQ closure was to save staff costs.

I understand now. Also what the guy said about the Sr being on the other side of the station makes much more sense too!

Which is why I don't get why they got rid of 13teen or Ritas SRQ as they both still require a member of staff...

Rita and Nenesis SRQ demanded a staff member to run, the others don't as they need staff at the merge point to deal with FT that makes money.

Rita and Nenesis SRQ demanded a staff member to run, the others don't as they need staff at the merge point to deal with FT that makes money.
But Rita needs a staff member to deal with FT and batching anyway?

But Rita needs a staff member to deal with FT and batching anyway?

They put FT up the old SRQ so they got to
Cut 1 staff member. Oblivion all queues are dealt with the batcher, Spinball the same (bar FT), Th13teen, air and Smiler have queue systems that require a merge point.

Nemesis and Rita could be cut and make a saving.

To clarify:

Rita and Nemesis have not lost staff due to cuts.

Rita lost it because the SRQ was usually longer than main queue. The host has been repositioned to the ride entrance.

Nemesis lost it because it delayed dispatch and on tests they were able to dispatch more trains per hour without SRQ. The host has been repositioned to batching which further speeds up loading the ride.

Which is why I don't get why they got rid of 13teen or Ritas SRQ as they both still require a member of staff...
But only 2 people can sit together,so If your not riding with someone your a single rider and if there is to be a space for a single rider one person on their own(a single rider) would have to Que in the normal group riding entry.But as people didnt think to do doing this it seems right to get rid of the SRQ on rita.And 13teen