• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll QF2

Coaster Poll QF2

• Silver Star

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Wildfire

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you ride EGF before visiting Europa?

Sometimes wonder if riding similar rides on a long term trip can often reduce the opinion of another (whether it's not as good or just another ride in a long list of rides ridden, US trips can have that effect) later on in it...

I did, EGF was the first coaster of the trip and SS one of the last new ones, so plenty in between.
Really, they were not similar rides at all!
I'm a bigger guy, so that probably isn't helping me but even so, the restraints had nothing to do. I wasn't leaving my seat regardless.

I've always found Silver Star to offer sustained floater on each hill, though only really on one side of the hills depending on where in the train you sit. With a loose restraint it's possible to be off the seat for several seconds at a time, though less extreme than EGF.

Silver Star compares fairly well against other B&M hypers of a similar scale, I'd rank it 3rd or 4th of the 10 I've done.

I'm with John. Out of the 10 B&M Mega Coasters I have done, it's probably 3rd or 4th. I particularly like the section from the MCBR to the end. Lots of fun to be had!

:)

Silver Star has grown on me over recent Europa Park visits but I still find the idea of it being a top 8 coaster in Europe completely laughable. The queue / showroom building is quite ugly and totally out of place in a theme park environment, followed by a coaster literally built over a car park. Not immersive at all and quite out of tune with the rest of Europa Park. The ride experience itself is inoffensive with pockets of air-time but really sure be a lot more fun given its' height and make. The idea that it is better than Shambhala is laughable to me. I do agree that the MCBR onwards is excellent though, easily the highlight of the ride.

I've not ridden Wildfire but it looks great and gets my vote.