• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Ro16 7

Ro16 7

• Blue Fire

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Troy

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
Final matches of the first knockout round, quarter finals start next week. First up...

Blue Fire

Troy

I love Blue Fire and wholly expect it to progress here. Partly because a lot more people will have ridden it.

However, Troy looks like exactly the kind of relentless, intense, fun wooden coaster that I adore. I haven't ridden, but have heard many comparisons with Wodan, and for it to even be considered in that bracket surely means that it's a better ride experience than Blue Fire.

I vote for Troy.

Wow this is so so tough as I really like both coasters.

Blue Fire is a great fun family coaster with some lovely theming. Troy is a very good GCI woodie, not quite up there with Wodan, but very good in its own right.

My heart says Blue Fire. My head keeps switching between the two.

Blue Fire gets it. Just.

Blue Fire is a finer overall package, whist Troy is just a solid, good coaster. Had this been Wodan vs Blue Fire I suspect the results would be very different, but as Troy doesn't have the edge over Wodan in the first place, it certainly doesn't have one over Blue Fire for me.

Blue Fire is my pick of these two, but not by a large margin.

The main deciding factor is that on my first trip to Toverland, Troy seemed in need of some track work as one or two sections bhad picked up a substantial vibration.

I suspect this group could be closer than some people think, Troy has quite a fan club.

This is a tough call, will muse it over a bit before casting my vote I think. I don't think either are 'great' coasters but they are both good. Had this been 5 years ago I'd have voted Troy in a heartbeat, but the last couple of times I've been to Toverland it hasn't been running as well as previously.

Reactions: Dan
Not ridden either but if Blue fire is a better version of Icon then it must be amazing.

Absolutely amazed that this result is likely going to mean that three of the top eight coasters in the poll will be at Europa Park. I think we can all agree that this probably isn't quite a fair reflection of the reality, although it's less clear whether it's a result of 'rider bias' or just the coincidence of favourable draws I guess.