• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coming October 2012 - Rugeley McDonalds

The question, of course, is whether or not they will be retrofitted into the Lichfield branch, though knowing McDonald$ it's unlikely we'll ever see that sorted...

The only concern i have is the extensive up-selling at the nearby attraction (i will refer to this as AstTow). Last time i was there it cost me £2 for a pillow and the fricking clock fell off the wall revealing a spider (or maybe a battery).

I just hope this new Rugely attraction avoids the shear profit based operations favored by "he who must not be named" (Mr DH)

I can but hope!

I think narcissism is the thing to be looked out for here :(

Head of the corporation, Ronald McDonald, is looking into getting his photo on all medium sized drinks cups, and leaked photos from merchandise production plants in China suggest a shipment of watches and other such generic items simply bearing his initials - RM.

Magrathea said:
Head of the corporation, Ronald McDonald, is looking into getting his photo on all medium sized drinks cups, and leaked photos from merchandise production plants in China suggest a shipment of watches and other such generic items simply bearing his initials - RM.

Ronald McDonald? Surely you mean Roland Mack? ;)

527886_370337536369383_1965110988_n.jpg

actually here is a quick update on potential cup branding at the new MD, suggesting a trade link with a nearby attraction

dan1.png

Adam James said:
Magrathea said:

Ronald McDonald? Surely you mean Roland Mack? ;)

527886_370337536369383_1965110988_n.jpg

Almost like I was trying to make that joke ;)

Dave said:
The only concern i have is the extensive up-selling at the nearby attraction (i will refer to this as AstTow). Last time i was there it cost me £2 for a pillow and the fricking clock fell off the wall revealing a spider (or maybe a battery).

I just hope this new Rugely attraction avoids the shear profit based operations favored by "he who must not be named" (Mr DH)

I can but hope!

Christ, I still laugh so much when I think of that Spider (I mean battery!) :p

I can't believe that's almost a year ago! Good times, good times.

Though, Mr. DH's up selling is FTL! All the best for this new attraction tbh!

LIVE update from the construction site: the building has SHOT up and now has a scheduled open date of 17th October.

The establishment is reasonably sized, and lights were on for the duration of this evening, with sliding automatic doors seen to be testing.

Photos on the way! :D

If there were such a thing as a cringe scale, then I'm sure this would be breaking the upper limits :p

TOWERSSTREET LIVE FROM RUGELEY MCDONALD'S.

A FULL menu is in operation, the decor is very classy, new style uniforms are being worn by staff.

Nice.

Exciting news, we were on the motorway when I saw a McDonald's sign on the back of a lorry, so I took the opportunity and got some pictures.

Can't post at the moment because I'm on hilday but will post then when back at home on Thursday. :)

Here are the pictures as promised.

F519BC2C-B6E5-4F34-AF8F-8598AB09239F-1333-0000018D45015A55.jpg

023CC253-5A29-4861-843C-9BF65B8DA85F-1333-0000018D5362F8D1.jpg

The driver looked a bit confused as to why I was taking these. :p

Had my first visit to this establishment on Sat night, enroute to Astro Towers. It seemed a nice place, clean and spacious. However, since early Sun my guts have been in agony, culminating in me having to miss last nights fireworks and ring in sick to work tonight. APPALLING!

Eat at this Maccys the other night. Very spacious compared to the usual! You could almost do a waltz right in the middle of the restaurant. :)