• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coming October 2012 - Rugeley McDonalds

GAGrathea

TS Founding Member
As reported early this year in the Express and Star, a brand new restaurant of the McDonalds franchise is now well into construction stages on Power Station Road in Rugeley, adjacent to the famously appalling Table Table restaurant.

The previously unused land, shown here:
Screen%20shot%202012-09-04%20at%2020.01.02.png

will house a brand new, state-of-the-art McDonalds dining facility; this is very exciting news for the previously sleepy Staffordshire town, not only due to the vast increase in employment prospects (details of jobs can be found here), but also for reasons of variety, with local residents previously having to dine at Asian food outlets such as MAndy's Kitchen, or driving to the nearest McDonalds in Lichfield.

Signage at the construction site and at the Lichfield McDonalds suggest that the restaurant will be managed by the same franchise, leading to high expectations of staff quality and cleanliness.

The restaurant has not been entirely well received, with the local Partou family raising significant complaint at the planning permission, declaring that "The increase in the number of hot food premises within Rugeley" will negatively impact on Rugeley due to the "increased noise, disturbance and litter". The Partou Petition currently has two signatures, both from within the family itself, and the petition has expired - it is not believed that this will impact construction heavily.

Construction is still in very early days but it is hoped that this thread will be updated with regular photo updates as enthusiasts visit the region over the coming months :)

The "sign" to which you refer is not found at "Stafford McDonald's" but at Lichfield Wall Island.

This is a great new opportunity for residents of the Astro Towers and Overflow residences.

Concerns have been raised that the reserve Overflow facility, adjacent to the APPALLING public house and restaurant, may become more popular than the main accommodation due to this choice outlet...

Mandy's Kitchen and FLAMES (famed for Chips & Cheese) are NOT happy.

This is the best development I've read about since a feet of soil was moved off Hartenhof's site at Mr F Tea Ling's place!

Fantastic news!! I just can't wait for construction updates! Dare I say this is more exciting than SW7!?

:)

Of course it's more exciting than flippin' SW7. What's better? 8 loops or 800 calories?

OBVIOUSLY 800!

Even though I live no where near the site, I'm quite excited to see such a large Maccy D's being built! It'll be great for the locals as well :)

TST Maccies Sosche!

How wonderful.
I do like McDonalds.

I might get in line for opening day!

I heard there's a world's first for this McDonalds in that the McFlurry machine will be mounted in a completely new location to previous restaurants.

Exciting stuff if true!

Funny you should say that, Longy; after much demand the Team are looking into scheduling some form of mini-meet for opening day, though an exact date will not be available until nearer the time, especially considering possible delays in construction :)

Magrathea said:
Funny you should say that, Longy; after much demand the Team are looking into scheduling some form of mini-meet for opening day, though an exact date will not be available until nearer the time, especially considering possible delays in construction :)

It could be a potential for a Closed Season gathering. I can't think of anything better than APPALLING followed by Overflow 2 and then this!

:D

I hear Joel is already starting work on a minisite to keep us up to date on all the latest developments. Has anyone managed to dig out the planning application for this yet?

I would be up for the mini-meet, too. :)

It's going to have an uphill struggle from the start - Rugeley has a bit of a knack for causing attractions to fail.

As previously mentioned, there is the local Table Table pub, The Colliers, which is famous for being APPALLING (you need only to look at the second hit in a Google search for evidence). Then of course there's Astro Towers... my. I believe a certain Mr J. Gilmore sums up the views on that place best in his foursquare review:

AstroTowersFourSquare.png

Seems that Rugeley is a bit of a hard one to crack - McD's really do have a challenge on their hands here...

Re: Re: Coming October 2012 - Rugeley McDonalds

Jordan said:
I hear Joel is already starting work on a minisite to keep us up to date on all the latest developments. Has anyone managed to dig out the planning application for this yet?

I would be up for the mini-meet, too. :)

Can't wait for your McDonald's planning site Jordan. Makes it much easier to track developments across the country :)

LewisNavex said:
Veggies Unite!

Pope_Demonstration_2.jpg

I am not a veggie

Ahh, interesting you should raise this point Lewis!

If our sources are to be trusted, among with the other nutritional standard McDonalds food, the Rugeley outlet will serve the Veggie Deli sandwich, approved by VegSoc in the last few months and so finally officially vegetarian after years of being on sale (but prepared in an unsuitable way).

We hope this satisfies your concern :)

Craig said:
Can't wait for your McDonald's planning site Jordan. Makes it much easier to track developments across the country :)

Already in the works ;)

Also, I love my subtle cameo in Islander's screenshot, there :p

The world's LARGEST McD's (on the Olympic park) sold these nifty new fruit smoothies, made by a rather natty automagic ice crusher/smoothie blender/jug cleaner contraption. I sincerely hope that such a device gets installed in this new outlet...

Islander said:
I sincerely hope that such a device gets installed in this new outlet...

There have been sightings of such a machine being tested 24/7 on an industrial estate in rural Germany. It is rumoured to be earmarked for the Rugeley construction.