• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Comming soon: the Crash, a worlds first

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
So i'm in the process of using non custom stuff to create a coaster and ended up with something that is a world first.

now that's construction is complete, here is a little teaser picture, also if the demand is there, an on ride promotional video will be online soon

33e63vb.jpg

Sorry for double post, but here are some more teaser shots of the ride

2z9m8g8.jpg

1zo86c6.jpg

2ymvpcg.jpg

34sh3ev.jpg

Tell me what you think?

Looks a bit plain. ???

And isn't the worlds first basically the same as I suggested for SW7? :p

7844924080_637294a420_c.jpg

But I can see some potential here. :)

To be frank, without custom scenery anything on RCT3 looks bad, the supports, themeing paths, ground (the list goes on). I can see what you’re getting at but if you are looking for anything with a shred of reality work must be done.

Woah... Erm... *holds lower body in place through that element to prevent his torso being ripped from his hips* :p

I do like these projects using only in game resources though. It's always nice to see people pushing the in game content further :)

Thanks, Ian, i like using the custom stuff, i have made things look better by using the in game scenery, such as on a log flume 2 warriors guarding the bottom of the lift hill.

Yes, but remember;

Adding heaps of in game scenery won't help either. If I was you, I would rethink the coaster; watch some YouTube videos of the coasters you'd like to make and look at them in a detailed way. When you've done that, try and take parts of each one you liked and put it into a ride. When you have done, add some scenery but nothing too over-the-top. Colour the ride and the ground, and try not to make things so flat.

Sorry to be critical as you're still learning and I'm sure in time you can improve leaps and bounds. :)

Even so, it is nice to play around with only the in game stuff. Yes, a lot of it is dreadful on its own, but it can be used to look half decent with some things. It's nice to experiment, after all!

I remember Tim (Nightfall) used to use a surprising amount of in game content for one of his parks, and Diogo used to use a couple of bits in Blithering Lodge. If you're not going for realism then it's a good way to go. It gives the game a cartoony quality to it, and allows you to build insane and daft things without being made a laughing stock. When you're just messing around and don't want a project to be taken seriously it can be a nice thing to play around with :)

Obviously, when you're going for realism it's far from desirable to use only in game content. It has its uses here and there, but on the whole it won't make things look realistic at all. However, if you aren't trying to be realistic, and are trying to make something that's a bit crazy and different then it can really be fun! It's also interesting to look at the outcomes and see how/if the project has any shred of reality to it. Quite often it won't, but I've seen a few which have ended up half decent unintentionally :)

This is just a muck about, not too serious, just trying to create something which doesn't have an ulta-high nausea raiting.

A lot has happened since my last post, but after long delays due to the bad weather, The Crash! is ready to Open, it has now carried passengers and a POV has even been filmed and uploaded to youtube: The Crash!

It now has the tagline The Crash: You won't survive!

Update: The Crash has had a revamp, with the inversion count being upped to 33 Video to follow soon.