• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Creating A Theme Park

Hi all,

Admins got no clue if this is in the right place…

I have recently taken an interest in starting up a theme park - is this completely impossible? Was wondering if anyone had any experience or ideas?

I’ve got no clue of what to do - yes I’m a thoosie but got no idea or experience in engineering or anything! 🤣

Thanks

There are theme parks and amusement parks. The latter would be cheaper. Find a plot of land to rent in a park or the likes, buy a few kids rides, get insurance, hire staff, have the rides certified, maintain them and you are good to go. Guestimating, you would need a few hundred thousand pounds to start with a few small kids rides.

For an amusement park - the relatively new and small scale Lost Island theme park cost the equivalent of £80m to build. Add a premium for UK land prices too. I'm sure you would need up-wards of £100m to stock and staff the place. Good luck with the finances.