• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Destiny

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
Are there any fellow Guardians out there?

I spend way too much time on this game and I love it. It's not without it's problems, but what game isn't.

It's a long shot but I thought I'd ask.

Yes I have destiny and have been since year 1.

BUT...

I now choose not to play it due to the fact that I use to absolutely love the game and give it chance after chance after each DLC, only to be let down time and time again.

I foolishly paid £40 for the Taken King and, at first, thought yeah not a bad DLC but soon found that it is just the same grind here grind there.

Don't get me wrong Kings Fall raid is a beast and IMO the best thing that has ever been in the game, but come on....The Taken, same enemies just in shadow form and made slightly more difficult.

i seriously don't think Bungie know where to go with this game but I know one thing, they're enjoying fleecing their fan base and consumers, who's to blame? Fucking Activision.

Simon

I underdstand where you're coming from and I'll admit I'm easily pleased when it comes to the game. I joined in between Dark Below & House of Wolves and have loved it ever since. There are things that irk me in the game and the grind is very real but I don't mind it as RNGesus is pretty kind to me so I tend to get good gear for what I grind.

I went one step further, as I'm such a 'fanboy' and bought the £80 collectors edition of TTK despite owning all the previous DLC lol. I know I sold myself to the gaming devil - Activision - but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it and it was worth the money.

I was a huge fan of TTK expension although it was too expensive at £40 and worth more like £30. I love just patroling the Dreadnaught on my own and having fun or raiding with my clan.

I am excited to see new DLC in Spring and then a TTK size update later in the year but a little gutted Destiny 2 will be 2017 now. I managed to fulfil my last goal this weekend by going 9-0 in Trials so I welcome new content soon as I'm running out now.

If you do fancy venturing back into Destiny and are on Xbox One then feel free to add me - SendTheBeast ;)

Sorry pal I'm a ps4 man.

I respect fully that you enjoy the game and I'm glad you do but for me TTK should of been the game we had right at the start. They finally put some spectacular cutscenes and at last some kind of story into the game.

I now look in my local game store and see the whole collection (TTK included) for £29:99. I spent £40 for TTK alone, but hey these things happen.

The Dreadnaught is fantastic, looks beautifully stunning and quite a bit of hidden stuff to uncover.
Court of oryx I must admit I do spend quite a fair bit of my time in.

BUT...

It's too little too late, I now take game trailers and betas with a pinch of salt because yes when it came to destiny I was so god damn hyped....which the developers wanted and succeeded.

But fair play, if you like it and feel like it was money well spent for you then I take my hat off to you (if I had one)
The concept of destiny, if made by another developer, could of been something of a masterpiece of gaming.

Simon

I think the problem with Destiny is the mistakes they do make. I mean they should be experts in making a game like this as they have such an impressive CV with making Halo. I find myself saying to myself sometimes 'Oh come on Bungie, these are rookie mistakes that you should not be making guys' On the other side they have sold their soles to the Devil with Activision pulling the strings like a puppet master. You can see that Bungie want to be more transparent but it's in the control of Activision. It could be worse though, it could be EA Games *shudders*

The pricing of TTK was over priced, I agree, but everything drops in price through its lifetime, thats the way things go in life. My contract increased to £50 a month because I wanted the S6 Edge on launch. Now you can get it free on a £25 a month contract, things do decrease overtime, it's the nature of the beast.

I don't think I wear 'rose tinted lenses' for the game, I just take it on face value from the enjoyment it gives me. It hasn't annoyed me to the point of quitting yet, far from it, but I appreciate those who do as they have some validity for doing so. I tend to stay clear of the Destiny Forums as well as they are poison. People seem to moan for the sake of moaning I feel and with Destiny being such a complicated game to balance and such an ambitious project, it's going to have it's issues.

On a fun note, I did Trials last night with some buddies and I've been grinded for months now to get the Doctorine Of Passing - considered to be one of the toughest guns to face (if used correctly) and we managed to go Flawless. I prayed to RNGesus before opening the chest lol Would you believe it 320 Doctorine with a near God roll - Braced Frame, Persistence & Counterbalance. I was ecstatic to say the least.

It's things like that that keep me playing and enjoying the game. There's a whole lot more it can be and they've only just scratched the surface of what is possible I think. Ditching old gen for Destiny 2 will be a good start as it opens up the doors for a greater and more content filled sequel. :D

Your right, Bungie has a huge positive when you think back to the old Xbox.

Halo combat evolved was the best game that ever came to that machine, hell it was the reason I bought one. (That and Max Payne)

That success has always made people go "Bungie, oh they made Halo". Activision have put a huge dent in their reputation, which is an awful shame.

I can tell also that Activision wear the trousers in their relationship due to the fact PVP is hugely looked on in Destiny. Every few weeks Iron Banner blesses us with its appearance, I wonder why, oh yeah, Call of Duty.

I wish they made events for PVE, people who like working as a coop team to take down the darkness. Jeez can you imagine if they made an event where we had to protect/hold the tower from waves and waves of enemies, that would be amazing!
Or something along those lines on an actual planet, I know they have public events already but one on a much grander scale is needed.
(Don't get me started on the sparrow racing, what were they thinking.)

It's little things like these that will get me back on the game, I want to love the game again, when I played the beta i thought it was the best game I've ever played.

Will i get back into destiny, most probably but it has major competition this year with future game releases so they have to take their fingers out of thier ears and start listening to what the people really want.

As I said before, I'm glad you love the game, I want to love the game again but I need things to change.

Destiny has potential, please Activision.

Simon

It's only getting started for me. It's a such a strong base platform that it can only get better from here. TTK was a big step in the right direction and I'm hoping the DLC in the next few months and the expansion later in the year continue down route of quality and great story. They have lost a lot of players recently and must take note of that and win them back.

Oh yes I agree, the type of genre which the game is based on is brilliant. Although it needs to be executed properly I.E story, quality as you say.
What they have produced, (visuals, theming) is up there with halo, it's just how they've created it so that we have to follow one path to get decent armour, weapons to get to a level cap.
No personal path or goals IMO