• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Diddy McTodger Land

I think it could be urm.. a lot more realistic to say the least.

It seems a bit to cliche rct3 coaster for me ie. big drops loads of inversions then a few ugly turns before back into the station, and the drop looks way to steep, you should try basing it off similar coasters first then adding your own twist. :)

Pricey. said:
I think it could be urm.. a lot more realistic to say the least.

It seems a bit to cliche rct3 coaster for me ie. big drops loads of inversions then a few ugly turns before back into the station, and the drop looks way to steep, you should try basing it off similar coasters first then adding your own twist. :)

Yeah out of my two parks, this looks the unrealistic one :( But will take this onboard (Depends if I remove the comp or not)

So another update is due.

A new area of land has been purchased and a coaster is in the process of installation and themeing.....

7829671524_f51c4f8b36_z.jpg

7829670352_d361cc25f8_z.jpg

Shinedown valley is looking great! Very good use in CS!

hehe! Good job on the park btw!

I liking the sound of the new expansion and I absolutely love the idea of dueling wing coasters. I wonder what the theme will be?

Keep up the good work! ;D

Don't suppose you could make a "promotional video" of the dueling winged coaster?

JAMMYD778 said:
I liking the sound of the new expansion and I absolutely love the idea of dueling wing coasters. I wonder what the theme will be?

Keep up the good work! ;D

If anyone enters the comp, that's what the theme will be. Failing that I have my own plans.......
hobohippie95 said:
Don't suppose you could make a "promotional video" of the dueling winged coaster?

The problem is I refuse to pay for software and Movie Maker refuses to work.

Re: Songs that make you think about AT and why?!

I can now say this park will be recieving no new rides for the foreseeable future due to the issues I am having. I hope you have liked the effort I have put into my second proper park. I am sorry to anyone who liked the park but at least those who disliked it don't have to put up with it. I hope to find a solution to my issues and continue with this park (Hopefully making it my first park to operate at night is my next aim.)

Thanks to all who have commented/helped. You have inspired me to try and make something of this park and turn it from a small fair to a theme park. Even if it is small it is something I am happy with.

Tom :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

'Tis the season to be jolly :D And on that note, I have an announcement that may make you sigh with annoyance or shrug your shoulders with indifference but.......

DIDDY MCTODGER LAND IS BACK!!!

Quadruple post :D

The woodie that is in the following pic is getting rebuilt as a kiddies ride because at the moment it is silly :p Also the wingrider is going as it is also silly :p

Overview of the park at the moment:
8266597957_b9e8fc5a64_z.jpg

*****EDIT*****

A new ride, a special Screamin' Swing that runs on electric not the compressed air used usually, has been installed in the park! When asked for a statement, the park claimed that ''The noise from the usual Screamin' Swing is higher than we would like so we, in conjunction with S&S Power, planned a Screamin' Swing that was not powered how one usually is, but with electric motors. We hope this new design is as good, if not better, than the usual design.'' S&S Power have declared the ride will be used as a 'testbed' and hope that if it is up to standards, it will become part of their amusement ride line up.

8269645696_830177e1d6_z.jpg

8276155090_6a2714b91b_z.jpg

Today marks the beginning of the end for Smirnoff area. With the tram tracks already lifted, the area has been earmarked for demolition including the tram stop. But the rides may not be going completely as one insider claimed '' No rides have been confirmed to be leaving the park. '' Weather this is true remains to be seen.

*EDIT*

A new ride layout has been completed.....theming is due to be added.

8276985672_ea0483090a_z.jpg

The park has got some good rides & a decent layout, but needs much more trees & terraforming. Adding more "Themed" buildings will also greatly enhance the park. Often jut some simple shelters or an enclosed food-court will work well. Why not use that space that backs on to the lake near the chairswing & make it into a Pirate themed area, maybe with a vekoma boomerang or a compact coaster of sorts. And maybe a log flume & swan ride (use the galleon car option) to go on the lake. These are just some ideas of course, but I think it will help with the overall asthetics of this park.

I look forward to seeing future updates!

:)

Blizzard said:
The park has got some good rides & a decent layout, but needs much more trees & terraforming. Adding more "Themed" buildings will also greatly enhance the park. Often jut some simple shelters or an enclosed food-court will work well. Why not use that space that backs on to the lake near the chairswing & make it into a Pirate themed area, maybe with a vekoma boomerang or a compact coaster of sorts. And maybe a log flume & swan ride (use the galleon car option) to go on the lake. These are just some ideas of course, but I think it will help with the overall asthetics of this park.

I look forward to seeing future updates!

:)

Cheers Blizzard! I have a food court and a Pirate area actually planned. The Swans however are gone as is the chairswing (relocated) and I have found something much better to go on the lake....... Next update due at 5!

Sorry this is late but......I spent many hours on RCT and lost most of it.

Here is some WIP shots:

8278427074_cfac733aee_z.jpg

8277371025_6d63325594_z.jpg

8278431934_6d3ee9feca_z.jpg

8278458036_bc4ae65c6a_z.jpg

A big thank you goes to Tim for the CTR :)

This new area of the park is looking great! ;)
With a few more trees & shrubs around the lake, combined with some rock ground textures, it will look a "Complete" area.

Coaster wise, it looks great, but needs some adjustments. Some of the elements on the coaster look far to tight in the parts of the layout they are. Usualy in a roller coaster, smaller elements such as an in-line twist, should not be taken at high speed as this causes extreme G-Forces. When the train negotiates an element, it should slow down near the top of an element (such as a corkscrew or loop). With regards to twists, the ones featured in RCT should be taken at no more that about 30mph. Also, coasters should never travel upside down unless in an element. (for instance the two midcourse half corkscrews on this layout, the lead up to them is upside down it too long.

Making some adjustments here & there should easily make this a realistic coaster layout,

Firstly, If yu make the turn after the first drop a larger radius, you should then be able to replace the small corkscrew with a large one, or two diving loops after each other to create an extra large corkscrew.

The two corkscrews after the first turn on the lake you could replace with a zero-g roll if you make the turn on the lake a larger radius.

The corkscrew after the tunnel needs sorting out. At the moment you have it inverted, which as I said before, is not prctical due to G forces on a coaster. An inverted coaster like nemesis is obviously fine, as the train is underneath the track with the riders orientated correctly.

Up until the climb up the hill to the station looks ok, however I would add a brake run at the top of the straight climb. This could easisly be fitted on if the climb is made steeper.

Then you can just use flat curves to connect to the station.

A lot to take in I know, but I'm sure you will get the gist of RCT coaster building with some practise! :)

I hope this helped, and I look forward to future updates!

:D

A rather quick update.....

I lost most of the wingrider layout. Again. -_-

Also the prolonged upside down pieces are gone :D And the corkscrew at the start may be departing soon.

8313913511_bd3a13481b_z.jpg

As you can see, landscaping is far from done.