• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: all projects on hold

Wow, that is a very in-depth update on what's going on with the park!

I am pleased to see that there is a single person sitting at the top who is very much willing to take charge and push the park in the right direction.

Most of those improvements are very much on the 'finer details' side, for example with the cakes and patisseries for Hallowe'en, but I really hope for some tangible, rideable investment! I know we will be getting Ratatouille, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few more new rides as well as the refurbishments.

Fantastic find :)

Struggling to get excited by this news... DLP needs new attractions, not refurbs of existing one. None of them are particularly in a bad way, and they won't be able to run off the success of Ratatouille for years to come.

"Oh no, our park is failing! I know, let's not use our money to build new rides to attract customers, let's knock our existing rides down and build them again but with more rocks and stuff".

Hmmm...

Whilst it's great to see someone so passionate and forward thinking at the top to drive forward change at the park and pipe money into it, I can't help feel the money is going in all the wrong places.

As Satch has said, the park is crying out for new ride and attractions, not just refurbs. Good, high quality maintenance and presentation is a key part to upholding the parks reputation and general atmosphere, but it isn't going to bring people flooding in. "Hey kids, shall we go to Disneyland? I hear Indiana Jones now has real rocks!"

Granted, there are some bits which need doing (It'd be nice to ride BTM without the risk of being concussed by falling fibreglass, or ruptured eardrums from the lifthill for example!), but these should all be sidelines to run alongside the main new attractions. Things like control overhauls on Crush and BTM, yes they may make things better, but how much so? In spite of its flaws, DLP does have decent standards, which I'd say are well upheld. They have high presentation and operation standards which generally are well met, and which a lot of other parks could learn from. It's no Walygator, that's for sure!

Like Diogo says, something like an Indy Cali clone would be incredible, and would no doubt have a positive impact on gate figures and revenue.

I'm sure Ratatouille will be at the very least a good ride. No denying that. But they will only be able to pull in guests with it for so long. No park is immune from a ride becoming older. Not even Disney.

So yes, I'm in two minds about all of this. When major new attractions begin to surface then I will get excited and more hopeful about the park.

The thing is though DLP doesn't really need new attractions to pull in the guests but they do need people who visit to go home with good reviews. Much prefer high quality attractions every so often and a park to be on top form than OK attractions every year and no money spent on a park that's falling apart. *cough*towers*cough*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I actually like how most of EuroDisney has remained the same, even after all these years, in the Cali' Disneyland the rides have seen constant change and it's a real bummer for anyone trying to get nostalgic, so I'm kinda glad it'll be left alone for a while <3
but change and progress is inevitably a good thing.

Hairobics said:
I actually like how most of EuroDisney has remained the same, even after all these years, in the Cali' Disneyland the rides have seen constant change and it's a real bummer for anyone trying to get nostalgic, so I'm kinda glad it'll be left alone for a while <3

And the award for the most desperate way to justify Disney's lack of investment goes to...

Anyway, this happened:

Screamscape said:
General Resort News - (11/8/13) Disney & More reports some bad news from the Disneyland Paris Resort this week. According to the 2013 fiscal year results (Oct 1, 2012 to Sept. 30, 2013) the Paris parks have seen a decline of 1 million guests compared to the prior year. However, thanks to longer stays and increased guest spending, the financial results are not as bad as you might expect. A newly refurbished Disney’s Newport Bay Club hotel and the opening of the highly anticipated Ratatouille ride at the Walt Disney Studios park is expected to help the resort see guest attendance surge once again in 2014.

Maybe it's because they haven't added a new ride, something you can actually queue up for and then sit down on, in the main park since 2006...