• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Personally I always thought the story of the Florida version was flawed and anticlimactic. The plot is that you're taking a limo to an Aerosmith concert... But once you "arrive", you're shown the exit. The supposed "big event" that the ride builds up to never arrives.

Meanwhile, the Paris one is more high concept - it doesn't make it clear whether you're taking part in an Aerosmith concert/recording session, or even if the ride is just a multisensory representation of their music, but it's left to your interpretation, and restores the climax to what it should be - the ride itself.

Then they might as well just remove the pre-show in Paris.

I do agree that the exit in Florida isn't quite right, but the Paris pre-show is just pointless.

Then they might as well just remove the pre-show in Paris.

I do agree that the exit in Florida isn't quite right, but the Paris pre-show is just pointless.

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree, the pre-show in Paris adds little other than an introduction of Aerosmith themselves. In fact it's so brief and meaningless that before a short while ago I never considered it a pre-show.

This is good news, although I’ve always felt the Paris RnRC is the stronger concept within the context of the park - which I admit doesn’t say much!

Hopefully this retheme will start to see a shift in the whole idea of Studios Park. This park NEEDS IPs, to move away from the ‘we take you behind the scenes of film-making’. IPs are objectively more immersive, and immersion is severely lacking in the park.

I just hope it’s a quality retheme however. Get rid of the queue and the backlot style she’s the ride is housed in, and actually show guests that an effort has been put into the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't Disney go back to Vekoma and order a nice high capacity version of their excellent looking new looping coasters as a replacement for this awkwardly-trundling-around-in-the-dark high-sheen turd, rather than just choosing some different polish for it? I sometimes wonder what their aversion to buying genuinely outstanding coaster hardware is, as if the quality of the rides themselves matched the standard of presentation that Disney are reknowned for demonstrating pretty well everywhere but Studios park, the results could clearly be spectacular.

Disney traditionally develop slow moving, occasionally problematic relationships with manufacturers, and are notoriously difficult to please. They altered the hardware on their rides to such a degree that they regularly void their warranty with almost immediate effect. They have finally given Mack a shot with the Slinky Dog coaster opening in Florida, and perhaps that could open a new door. What's also worth remembering is, that for all the good thrill rides they have put their minds to, Disney's audience simply aren't into dynamic thrill rides. To many of their fanbase and their casual, once-in-a-decade customers, a coaster is a coaster, and they're simply not that interested in versatility, never mind intensity. This altered a little in the nineties, when Universal began to build things that were thematically impressive and physically challenging, but even they're chasing the mouse's tail these days in this regard.

Couldn't Disney go back to Vekoma and order a nice high capacity version of their excellent looking new looping coasters as a replacement for this awkwardly-trundling-around-in-the-dark high-sheen turd, rather than just choosing some different polish for it? I sometimes wonder what their aversion to buying genuinely outstanding coaster hardware is, as if the quality of the rides themselves matched the standard of presentation that Disney are reknowned for demonstrating pretty well everywhere but Studios park, the results could clearly be spectacular.

I quite like the layout of RnRC and it’s certainly relatively smooth for an old style Vekoma.

I love the light show, the cheese (not you, Dave) factor is turned right up to 11. But after the opening launch and inversions, there's really not much to the layout.

Where I rode RnRC in January I was surprised with how smooth it was. I also think I preferred it over Hyperspace Mountain which I wasn't too impressed with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I rode Rock n Rollercoaster in April last year and felt it was very rough. OTSR bashed me a fair bit but I am 6ft 5.

Iron man will fit nicely I think. Far better than the current theme. Hopefully the studio tram tour, Stunt show and Armageddon will also get some love soon which is anticipated.

TOT I feel they may leave as it is for now.

Tower of Terror's facade is getting refurbished. However, as has been recently rumoured, the Guardians of the Galaxy retheme has seemingly been scrapped. (they certainly wouldn't waste money on restoring the facade if they were retheming it) While there is no confirmation of any story change; the current rumour that ED92 is reporting is that the Twilight Zone IP will be removed and replaced with a new original story/modified story at some stage in the future.

Just bringing this up again, it seems to be more than just a rumour. Disney have apparently chosen not to renew the rights to use the Twighlight Zone IP when the current contract runs out (I am not sure when this is). Part of the reason is because CBS were asking for significantly more money than they have in the past, so Disney have simply walked away.

So we can expect to see some changes to both the Paris and Orlando ToTs over the coming years. Even if they are minor changes to keep the existing theme but fill the gaps left by the removal of Twighlight Zone then it will still be somewhat sad, losing the music would be a real shame!

:)

This has also been posted by the official DLP facebook:
image.png

image.png

Brilliant! I know there is a lot of criticsm of the main park due to the lack of new rides, which is justified, but WDS really needs to be dragged up to a standard where you don't feel that any time in there is time that would have been better spent next door. Get the big hitting IPs in and make immersive and visually stunning areas, less of the miserable backlot which is just deeply unpleasant.

EDIT: thinking about the lake, surely they have to use that for Fantasmic!?

Last edited:
Lake show either Fantasmic or World of Colour... Either option wouldn't be a bad thing (though the art does have fountains so WoC is most likely, but after Dreams the park could do anything)...

Hopefully the phases will mean the main park gets a few additions here and there as well...