• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris questions!

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
I'm going to DLP in February with some friends of mine and staying on resort at Sequoia Lodge. It was dirt cheap before you ask. I've a few questions if anyone can help. I have been to DLP a few times but not with such a resort package.

1. Is the 'Magical Shuttle' between Charles de Gaulle airport and the resort convenient and reliable? Or would you just use the TGV.

2. How do half board vouchers work. We've 5 nights/6 days but will be in Paris for one day. We're hoping we can use 2 in 1 day and 0 on another - are they dated for each day?

3. How do the bars in the resort hotels stack up?

When we went a few years ago, the magical shuttle was stress free. just find the stand, look at its arrival time and just get there for the time. It was 4 mins later than the timetabled, an acceptable delay for the route.

The TGV is faster and cheaper. It only takes 10 minutes compared to an hour on the bus! I had no problem buying the tickets at the station and catching the train.

If you are easily confused by train timetables and ticketing, or value being dropped off at the door of your hotel, then by all means get the bus, but it's poor value for money, and takes longer than the train.

Last edited:
I am confident at taking the train, I have done it before many times (and lived in France!) but was more interested as to how reliable the Magical Shuttle is.

The prices are actually quite similar.

Dont know about the magical express.

Food vouchers you get the equivalent of 1 per night, and can use as many as you like in a day.
The vouchers have a cash worth too, so if you want to eat at a restaurant not on your half board option you can pay the additional amount.

The best place we ate, which needed an additional supplement, was the Steak House in Disney Village - one of the best steaks I have ever eaten and the venue is lovely.
We ate in our hotel a couple of nights while freshening up to return for Dreams, we were in Cheyenne and it had an excellent buffet, which as a family was a god send, nothing especially high cuisine levels but filling and decent quality.
Plaza Gardens on park was very good, Studios food offering is poor, awful venues and the most generic burger and hot dog fayre. Although Le Bistro Remy looked amazing, but was fully booked during our stay.

I will say after failing on the odd occasion to eat where/when we wanted we booked all the other meals after that. Quite often we did it on the day, just nipping into Town Hall and they could make reservations for you.

--

Drinks wise I was pleasantly surprised, apart from wine only comes in small glasses :( so Id just get 2. We drank in the Red Garter at our hotel, the bar in the New York Hotel and I liked the sports bar terrace at Disney Village. We did try to get into the Bavarian style bar in the Village but it was really busy.
Lager was 1664 and roughly €6/7 euros a pint and wine pretty similar i think.