• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Do you think they will get rid of nemesis and air in the next 2 years?

I wouldn't say it needs to be more threatening or dark - the whole idea of the theme is that it's a bit zany, cartoony and camp if you get me.

What it does need is a thorough clean and spruce up - the whole of Forbidden Valley could do with it.

Fingers crossed something is done for it's 21st next year with a full renovation of the station theming to bring the monster back to it's best.

Towers have hinted about something for Nemesis' 21st so hopefully it involves a nice big re-fresh, espeically for the station. And that means detail, not just pick one or two colours of paint and go with that.

:)

The more tatty and unloved Nemesis looks the more I like it !
Most other coasters couldn't get away with looking so uncared for but Nemesis wears its rust and grease like a badge of honour.
Step away from the monster with those paint brushes !

The more tatty and unloved Nemesis looks the more I like it !
Most other coasters couldn't get away with looking so uncared for but Nemesis wears its rust and grease like a badge of honour.
Step away from the monster with those paint brushes !
Track and supports and so on look fine but the station desperately needs something. It's not just the rust and the grease but the rotting wood and the bits of theming that have been sawn off in recent years...

Definitely not. I personally don't see Nemesis being "old" and she's still got a good few years left in her. There's even older B&M coasters like Batman at Six Flags Great America which is older, yet that still seems to fine.

Simple answer... no.

I can clearly see Air being removed before Nemesis, and Nemesis won't be removed for a long while yet! One of the many reasons I say this is because Nemesis has had new restraints this year, and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have bothered to add these if they were planning on removing Nemesis within the next few years, especially since the staff member I was talking to said that she's getting new restraints every 5 years now. (Not sure if he's got that last bit right, as 5 years seems a very short time!)

Hey guys,

So i was thinking to myself how old are nemesis and air and i realized it is neme's 20th birthday and airs 12th birthday so in rollercoaster terms they are exceptionally old. Do you think merlin's entertainment will get rid of them in the next 2 years and replace them with something twice the size, speed and durability and come up with a nemesis and air 2.0 if you like?

Could this be a possibility?
What do you guys think?

Bex
They are not exceptionally old at all. There are coasters in the country that top 90 years old and are still going strong. I'm sure that Nemesis and Air are both safe for years. (Then again, this is the park that removed Black Hole and Corkscrew!)

Black Hole, if I'm not mistaken, was suffering many problems towards the end of its life, and the tent was SBNO for a good few years, until they used it for The Boiler House and Carnival of Screams for ScareFest 2011, then obviously removing it and putting The Smiler there.

Corkscrew on the other hand, I am lead to believe that hardly anyone was interested in it, as to a mainstream guest, it's just a rough coaster that's nothing special. I suppose it was also getting a bit old and rusty at that point though, maybe even unsafe.

Nemesis and Air are experiencing none of the above though!

I think both Black Hole and Corkscrew both suffered from growing running and maintenance costs, although I could be wrong. Corkscrew's popularity in its latter years was also falling.

:)

To be quite honest. I don't think any of the first secret weapons will go any time soon. Everyone knows Air, its popular, has a large appeal and doesn't exactly suffer many breakdowns. Oblivion is the ride that seems to be branded as the most intense, everyone wants to 'brave Oblivion'. And Nemesis, is well, Nemesis. That won't go.

Infact, the only coasters I can see leaving at all are Rita and Spinball. Maybe The Smiler as well if it continues like this...

Removing two of the best coasters on park would not be a good idea in the next two years, Nemesis is still the most loved ride at AT with the general public. Air is a favourite of a lot of people too. Two coasters that should not be touched for atleast a decade.

Maybe they'll get rid in its prime thing. I doubt its realible. Popular. And still putting newer rides to shame even now but a lick of paint and 21st birthday spruce up wouldn't go a miss

The problem is money, both were custom built to a layout that fits uniquely at AT.
So neither can be sold like say spin ball or Rita could.
Then it would cost 60 million to replace them both where as there is still plenty of room in other areas.
They will replace the flume and move the entrance long before nemesis or Air go.
I think nemesis could outlive me TBH.