• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Does anyone know why shockwave at DMP is shut today. It was originally advertised to be open but now they are saying it’s closed “due to covid-19 restrictions”, which I’m thinking must be a cover up for the real reason as it was advertised as opening today until they changed it this morning.

Has it got technical problems? I was really looking forward to riding it, I’ve never done a stand up coaster before

I think I read it was closed until further notice. Disappointingly, I am going on Monday and with this and Stormforce 10 down is quite a hole in their line up for thrillseekers.

I honestly think if it isnt opened this summer, it will be removed. Lots of rumours circulating about it and Apocolypse.

I think I read it was closed until further notice. Disappointingly, I am going on Monday and with this and Stormforce 10 down is quite a hole in their line up for thrillseekers.

I honestly think if it isnt opened this summer, it will be removed. Lots of rumours circulating about it and Apocolypse.
Yeah I really hope those rumours arent true because it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Drayton if they are. If shockwave was removed the rapids would have to be as well as the weight of the trough and water is ballast for it, and Appocaypyse can't really be relocated as the concrete foundations extend metres underground (which would also make it expensive to remove).

Such a shame, I really hope it opens within the coming days.

Putting me going off to the park until it’s open as it’s such a unique coaster which I’ve never done before... I’m desperate to ride it! So I’m praying it opens in the next few days, fingers crossed!

Stormforce 10 was advertised a while ago that it was closed until further notice due to covid restrictions, but shockwave was originally supposed to be opening today, but today they have done a u-turn and said it’s closed until further notice, which really sucks, as it was one of the main reasons for me wanting to go to the park as I’ve never done a stand up coaster before.

Fingers crossed it opens up for you on Monday.

I really hope you get to experience Shockwave; I must admit, I only rode it once when I visited Drayton in August 2018, but I do actually have somewhat of a soft spot for it!

Despite being a little rattly in sections, and the standup riding position being a touch unusual, it wasn’t as uncomfortable as I was expecting, and the layout is quite good, in my opinion, with the zero-g roll in particular actually being a really fun inversion; inverted airtime is a rare feat to achieve in a coaster, but Shockwave somehow manages it and it feels great!

I really hope you get to experience Shockwave; I must admit, I only rode it once when I visited Drayton in August 2018, but I do actually have somewhat of a soft spot for it!

Despite being a little rattly in sections, and the standup riding position being a touch unusual, it wasn’t as uncomfortable as I was expecting, and the layout is quite good, in my opinion, with the zero-g roll in particular actually being a really fun inversion; inverted airtime is a rare feat to achieve in a coaster, but Shockwave somehow manages it and it feels great!
I've ridden it twice, both in the front, and it's actually really smooth. Really hope it opens soon.

Do you think you'll be brave enough to ride Apocalypse @TPJames?

Yes definitely, looking forward to apocalypse too!

But as I said, I think I’m going to hold off until shockwave opens, I was planning on visiting next Wednesday but if the star attraction is shut then I’ll wait and save my money until it’s running again.

Also the virtual queue times today are beyond a joke, the accelerator boomerang is 4 hours and 20 minutes.

I've ridden it twice, both in the front, and it's actually really smooth. Really hope it opens soon.

Me too, as I was so so excited to ride it! Would love a front row.

Yes definitely, looking forward to apocalypse too!

But as I said, I think I’m going to hold off until shockwave opens, I was planning on visiting next Wednesday but if the star attraction is shut then I’ll wait and save my money until it’s running again.

Also the virtual queue times today are beyond a joke, the accelerator boomerang is 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Me too, as I was so so excited to ride it! Would love a front row.
There is a front row queue in the station, which makes it easier. :)

DMP have confirmed shockwave will be out of action for the next couple of weeks due to mechanical issues. Hopefully they will get it up and running soon.

In other news, stormforce 10 has been testing today. Not sure if that’s any indication of anything.

Yeah I really hope those rumours arent true because it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Drayton if they are. If shockwave was removed the rapids would have to be as well as the weight of the trough and water is ballast for it, and Appocaypyse can't really be relocated as the concrete foundations extend metres underground (which would also make it expensive to remove).

The Rapids wouldn't nessiceraly need removing if they removed Shockwave, even if it was ballast for Shockwave (which I dont think it is as Shockwave has massive footers around and separate to the trough) the fact it could be ballast would have no impact on the ride it is ballasting was to be removed. Remember Splash Canyon operated for a full season without any of the steel for Shockwave in place.

I was chatting to ride management last Sunday and they hope to have Stormforce 10 open for the end of the month and switch the water on for the Thomasland water rides as they said it comes under pools&gyms under the government guidelines.
Also the following rides you need a face mask/covering to ride
The Bounty Pirate Ship
Maelstrom
Air Race
Pandemonium
Apocalypse
Shockwave when it reopens.

Just really the Haunting and the 4D cinema will be closed to at least next season.
The Dodgems are really closed due to the damage caused by the flooding that’s why it’s still all covered up.

So why are the water rides at Blackpool open then?
Sounds distinctly like cost cutting to me.
Dodgems (Bpool) are closed due to issues of social distancing...how would you keep riders one metre apart?

So why are the water rides at Blackpool open then?
Sounds distinctly like cost cutting to me.
Dodgems (Bpool) are closed due to issues of social distancing...how would you keep riders one metre apart?
But they open at Chessington and Thorpe Park.
Is the Rugrats log flume open now then?
It was to do with Stormforce 10 using the same water of the lake.