• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Now that vikings is open, whatā€™s next for the park? Hereā€™s what i think. As i mentioned removing flying dutchman, i donā€™t think they should replace it with a new ride, i think that that area should be a nice plaza with some shops and a gift shop. I think no new ride there because it blocks of the amazing entrance to vikings and it would be a much better transition to not have a ride there. For the 2024 coaster, hereā€™s 5 options what i would like to see:
1. s&s el loco, this probably wonā€™t happen but it would be good if it did
2. vekoma booster bikes, again canā€™t see this happening but it would be a good coaster
3. Vekoma family suspended coaster, actually could see this happen but maybe a little more thrilling than the one at paultons
4. Intamin multi dimension coaster, would be an amazing coaster for the park, i could actually see this happening too
5. this wonā€™t happen but wouldnā€™t it be amazing if we got a mack extreme spinner as the first one in the u.k., it would be incredible, maybe only 1 or 2 inversions to fit with the family:thrill market could actually work.

Attachments

• FFCCD1D7-DE1D-4728-953E-B7165D9096C2.png
    FFCCD1D7-DE1D-4728-953E-B7165D9096C2.png
    659.2 KB · Views: 33
Now that vikings is open, whatā€™s next for the park? Hereā€™s what i think. As i mentioned removing flying dutchman, i donā€™t think they should replace it with a new ride, i think that that area should be a nice plaza with some shops and a gift shop. I think no new ride there because it blocks of the amazing entrance to vikings and it would be a much better transition to not have a ride there. For the 2024 coaster, hereā€™s 5 options what i would like to see:
1. s&s el loco, this probably wonā€™t happen but it would be good if it did
2. vekoma booster bikes, again canā€™t see this happening but it would be a good coaster
3. Vekoma family suspended coaster, actually could see this happen but maybe a little more thrilling than the one at paultons
4. Intamin multi dimension coaster, would be an amazing coaster for the park, i could actually see this happening too
5. this wonā€™t happen but wouldnā€™t it be amazing if we got a mack extreme spinner as the first one in the u.k., it would be incredible, maybe only 1 or 2 inversions to fit with the family:thrill market could actually work.

The thing is though weā€™ve already got an El Loco and Booster Bike at Mingo Land and a Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster to go with their existing Vekoma Family Boomerang would be two rides that are the same as Paultonā€™s Park. I think they need to do something a little bit different to distinguish themselves from other family orientated parks.

They need a good 1.3m family thrill coaster so a Mack Xtreme Spinner would be fantastic and a UK first, though they might see it as being a little too much thrill for them and not quite enough family. A little while back I suggested that a Vekoma Wildcat like Fonix at Farup Sommerland would be a great choice. Itā€™s possible that Shockwave might have its days numbered at the park so I think theyā€™d need a good classic sit down rollercoaster at the park rather than something a little different like a spinner.

I didnā€™t realise that if they got a vekoma family suspended it would be like paultons with 2 vekomaā€™s. Am extreme spinner would be great like you said maybe a 1.3m restriction or if they could get it to 1.2 then that would mean no reason why not to have one. 1 or 2 inversions would be good enough for a family thrill and if drayton donā€™t get it, then i could definitely see it being sw9 at towers. Also as you said, a ride like Fonix would be a good fit aswell.

El Locos are unpleasant to ride and poor throughput. That would be a misstep.

I'd be on the phone to Vekoma for something if I were them. Maybe a multi ride deal?

I did hear a rumour that they where looking at a Gerstlauer coaster with a possible swing launch. No idea how true that is though. Think something like their existing swing launch coasters (fury and goldrush) might to high thrill, although are fairly compact something similar would fit the site. I am thinking something more family like firechaser express is more likely. Something that starts off with a reverse spike would give it something unique in the UK to market.

Also if I am sure I heard in the past the park could build upto 70ft generally with out issue, anything higher does need planning permission and due to neighbours future rides could prove difficult higher than this. They used the removal of the paratower to help get permission for apocalypse, after construction some locals complained about the height, saying they hadnā€™t realised it was going to be as high as it was, but the correct height had always been in the planning application. Maybe they will use the removal of apocalypse to help get permission for a new coaster on the site.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people will visit the park this year just to get one last ride on Apocalypse. I know Iā€™ll definitely be making a special effort to get on it at least twice when I visit.
Yeah, it's a huge shame that it's going this year as i only encouraged myself recently to finally go on it since 2014. Now I love it. If I go again as a guest this year, I'll definitely be making the most of it!!

The only 2 things my daughter wants to ride this year (if sheā€™s hits the 1.4m mark) the original Nemesis and floorless Apocalypse. I knew from the start of last season itā€™s days were numbered after I was told 2 of the towers were just used for spares and the other 1 needed a new cable so thatā€™s why we only got 2 towers.

Who was comparing this with Tornafo Springs? :tearsofjoy:

It isn't even Wild Asia standard. Very sparse in places.

Still the best thing Drayton have done for many years.
That's because the plants need time to grow. Give it a few months and It'll look better. :)