• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Earlier today, TPW shared a picture of Charlotte on the steps up to Apocalypse that (a cynic may argue) appeared to have been deliberately framed to include the sign saying the stand up sides are closed.

Possibly so, but what are you getting at?

It has been a long day and I cannot join the dots.

Shawn is rarely overly critical of parks but it could be just a subtle nod to the fact that the ride is still only offering 1 out of the 3 different ride experiences. It's entirely possible I'm seeing something that isn't there.

That sign is outside of every ride and on the back is the yellow sign. I bet someone has just turned it around nothing more.
Apocalypse staff have been told it’s going at the end of the year but plans chance and with the park offering a free return in September or October they could be down on visitor numbers compared to 2021. So they could be working on improving the Thomas land offering for 2023 to see if visitor numbers go up again before they think of adding a new big family thrill coaster for 2025 instead.

That sign is outside of every ride and on the back is the yellow sign. I bet someone has just turned it around nothing more.
Apocalypse staff have been told it’s going at the end of the year but plans chance and with the park offering a free return in September or October they could be down on visitor numbers compared to 2021. So they could be working on improving the Thomas land offering for 2023 to see if visitor numbers go up again before they think of adding a new big family thrill coaster for 2025 instead.
The offer is likely a way of driving repeat visits during Sept and October a period when outside fireworks and October half term is dead. Rather than a knee jerk reaction to a fall any huge fall in guest numbers, which as far as I am aware hasn’t happened. Most guests only visit once a year outside annual pass holders and it’s a popular promotion that WMSP have used for years.

The offer is likely a way of driving repeat visits during Sept and October a period when outside fireworks and October half term is dead. Rather than a knee jerk reaction to a fall any huge fall in guest numbers, which as far as I am aware hasn’t happened. Most guests only visit once a year outside annual pass holders and it’s a popular promotion that WMSP have used for years.

Yeah, I mean Drayton have been quite busy this year overall. Including one of the only parks to my knowledge to sell out over the Jubilee weekend.

Highly doubtful it is because visitor numbers are low, they have not been.

Reading some of the information pages on DMR's website This snippet from the Storm Force 10 page amused me with the way it was written:

1661006300857.png

When it starts going on randomly about limbs you should have, yet does not clearly say this is what you need to ride. Is it just me? Or does that slightly not make sense. Interested to know how they would get someone with one leg and one arm, down the 16 meter tall catwalk though. Are they expected to hop down the catwalk or what? Surely not.

Last edited:
Reading some of the information pages on DMR's website This snippet from the Storm Force 10 page amused me with the way it was written:

1661006300857.png

When it starts going on randomly about limbs you should have, yet does not clearly say this is what you need to ride. Is it just me? Or does that slightly not make sense. Interested to know how they would get someone with one leg and one arm, down the 16 meter tall catwalk though. Are they expected to hop down the catwalk or what? Surely not.
Yeah that's really odd. Any ride with no physical restraints should require riders to have two hands and the ability to grip handrails tightly.

Please keep all arms and legs inside the Gondola at all times.
I not got Twitter but I wonder if they seeing how many people really miss the ride as the looping group have a good history of bringing back SBNO rides.

Last edited:
I mean the thing is, it's just such a big site, and land at a theme park is like gold dust nowadays, so I would be astounded if they did not even have the site under consideration for something, even if it's not PA, and just a general development. It looks like it occupies abot 1/5-1/6 of the park excluding the zoo, and is ripe for development, maybe to bulk out the pirate area.

What a afternoon so where do I begin. With sales so far this is the parks best summer since 2005 when G-Force opened. It has been a very busy afternoon with all rides outside Thomas land having 45-60 mins queues.
Thor had broke down

7FA201DB-D875-4033-81CD-C7E14ED0DC0F.jpeg
It took them a while to get it back into the station area.
The outdoor bar area been opened up
E53466CA-84B3-4999-B8E6-4428FEDED4B1.jpeg1C8FAB78-D429-46F8-BF65-ED70E8885DFD.jpeg
The water effects are partly working again on the rapids and it had a 45 min queue.
9375A9B0-6EE7-4D2A-910B-0280C6F1A92A.jpeg
Sleipnir must be having a lot of problems with guests exiting the ride with so much signage around and now a gate
3A331B8E-D38D-4B8E-BC9B-2DD1F8EBA1CC.jpeg
The 4D cinema is back to its old self with the water effects back working and the new projector.
Now onto the best bit. Pandemonium queue and buildings should be removed over September during the closed days.
Apocalypse now it’s 50/50 that it’s going but the floorless is now connected back up and is testing after park hours.
995FA3D3-BBBB-4937-A436-244CDB384473.jpeg
It could be reopening next week. It also could be saved and re-themed into the new area.
The building, stairs, queue line and photo booth will go and it will be outdoor with a new queue line.
There rumours it will be a 5 drop tower again but it will be 4 sides sit down and 1 side floorless with no on ride photo.

Just finished my shift at the park today, and got something pretty wild to say, I'd never expected to see this working again.

I worked on the Haunting Today as a host, and what do you know, they've fixed the original Skeleton prop in the Cellar! It's now working once again and is in sync with the new Skeleton jumpscare.

Last edited:
Apocalypse now it’s 50/50 that it’s going but the floorless is now connected back up and is testing after park hours.
It could be reopening next week. It also could be saved and re-themed into the new area.
The building, stairs, queue line and photo booth will go and it will be outdoor with a new queue line.
There rumours it will be a 5 drop tower again but it will be 4 sides sit down and 1 side floorless with no on ride photo.
That great to hear that stand-up floorless should be reopening soon!
Not sure how I feel about the ride being stripped and re-worked though. On one hand it would be great if it was kept and restored to full, 5 chute operation. On the other hand however, it just wouldn't be the same without the steps, bridges, building, theming, sound effects, music and general atmosphere.

Last edited:
The building is in a bad condition and is rotting away at the back from the tree roots and the bushes. It wouldn’t take long to remove the buildings and with that removed and the photo booth it would mean that the ride could stay and operate as a 5 sided tower again and there would still be room to put a family thrill coaster
6A32FAE6-6F94-4114-90E3-3259968EA68F.png
A new restroom could be built on the former fish and chip restaurant.

Last edited:
If these latest rumours circulating are true, then probably not. Especially given that Apocalypse would have such a small footprint without the building.

Perhaps they have worked out a layout that can incorporate the existing ride. I could well imagine a coaster wrapped around a drop tower could offer the opportunity for some pretty impressive 'near misses'.