• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Sorry I thought they must have been taken roughly 2020 when it was open to remove the scenes as it looked like the final scene of the ride looked like it already stripped out and in the queue station the theming was already missing.

The cave scene is gone, but the Galleon scene is still intact I think.
You can see in the pics that the cave scene been removed and all the fake rock work would need to go as even 20 years ago it had holes in everywhere. I think if the looping group gutted the whole building and put on a new roof they will have the basics to do a new version of the pirate adventure and I think it will offer something that’s currently not available anywhere else in the uk that the whole family can enjoy.

I have my own theory on how you can easily judge the geographical pull of any theme park.

You just have to pick out the football shirts on your fellow visitors. You have to ignore the big clubs and those continental ones marketted to the kiddiwinks, but idnetify those which are attached to smaller clubs where only parochial inbreds follow them.

Like Wolves.

You can see in the pics that the cave scene been removed and all the fake rock work would need to go as even 20 years ago it had holes in everywhere. I think if the looping group gutted the whole building and put on a new roof they will have the basics to do a new version of the pirate adventure and I think it will offer something that’s currently not available anywhere else in the uk that the whole family can enjoy.
Yeah, I can see them gutting the Galleon scene, but I can see remnants of the town scene right after you drop surviving such as the wooden huts where the band played their music, the small ship, and the main frame. Though I can 100% see them removing the old housing and buildings in the ride since they're very flammable. I can also see the predrop scene surviving, but being completely repainted, and a lot of extra theming and elements.

It'd be great for them to reuse some of the old music as well since I know that someone who works at the park, and he holds all of Pirate Adventures music, sound effects, etc on digital, excluding the music that plays in the town after the drop since the tape that held the audio for that is pretty much destroyed.

Last edited:
The only thing why I can see it coming back is how much money they spent on the rapids with really just the original queue line and some of the theming left from the original ride. Like it would cost them more to remove the pirate adventure building with how many other buildings now connect with the original building.
Like if they were willing to purchase all the new rapids boats I’m sure they will buy new boats for the pirate adventure.
I hope also when they repair/paint the outside of the building again they colour the castle of dreams the same colour.

I have my own theory on how you can easily judge the geographical pull of any theme park.

You just have to pick out the football shirts on your fellow visitors. You have to ignore the big clubs and those continental ones marketted to the kiddiwinks, but idnetify those which are attached to smaller clubs where only parochial inbreds follow them.

Like Wolves.

Steady now... Wolves fan in peace

The only thing why I can see it coming back is how much money they spent on the rapids with really just the original queue line and some of the theming left from the original ride. Like it would cost them more to remove the pirate adventure building with how many other buildings now connect with the original building.
Like if they were willing to purchase all the new rapids boats I’m sure they will buy new boats for the pirate adventure.
I hope also when they repair/paint the outside of the building again they colour the castle of dreams the same colour.
You have to look at what the opportunities removal might create are too. Pirate Adventure takes up a huge, useful plot.

With the rapids... I dunno maybe a go kart track? A tiny bit of additional room for a Shockwave replacement?

@rob666 is spot on.

Disagree. I grew up in Nottingham in the 90s, not a theme park loving family by any extent of the imagination, and Chessington, along with Alton Towers and Drayton Manor (despite not actually visiting any of them myself) and the local parks were very much in my conscience.

Beanoland in particular was a big deal and there was a big nationwide campaign for it.

And AA :)

I'll know this is off topic, but the amount of theming Space Leisure has provided to Drayton Manor is just staggering. I wonder what they're up to nowadays though. They're easily the best theming company in the country.

I would counter that with not discounting Farmer Studios. The work they were doing in the early 2000's in the UK was as good if not better than Space Leisure. Storm Force 10, Malestrom and specifically Excalibur were amazing when brand new. Those 3 attractions were some of the best and last attractions by Farmer Studios before their reshuffle.

Last edited:
I would counter that with not discounting Farmer Studios. The work they were doing in the early 2000's in the UK was as good if not better than Space Leisure. Storm Force 10, Malestrom and specifically Excalibur were amazing when brand new. Those 3 attractions were some of the best and last attractions by Farmer Studios before their reshuffle.
Wait, Stormforce-10 was themed by Farmer Studios! Wicked, no wonder it has such a well themes queue.

Well, the difference between the 2 companies is that one is defunct while the other isn't.

Last edited:
Wait, Stortfore-10 was themed by Farmer Studios! Wicked, no wonder it has such a well themes queue.

Well, the difference between the 2 companies is that one is defunct while the other isn't.

Yes it is Farmer Studios. Both Maelstrom and Storm Force 10 had more theming when they opened, but have been lost in the many years since.

Both companies are still operating officially, with Farmer having a slight reshuffle. But I haven't seen many if any notable projects from either in a fair few years.

Yes it is Farmer Studios. Both Maelstrom and Storm Force 10 had more theming when they opened, but have been lost in the many years since.

Both companies are still operating officially, with Farmer having a slight reshuffle. But I haven't seen many if any notable projects from either in a fair few years.
Space Leisure stopped designing and are now consultants, but I never knew Farmer are still going on. There is a company named after them called Farmer. All I know of Farmer Studios current state that it went defunct back in the 2000s and all the staff made another company together in Leicester to continue designing attractions, but I can't remember what it was called, but I think know the company name begins with M

Wait, Stortfore-10 was themed by Farmer Studios! Wicked, no wonder it has such a well themes queue.

And Stortfore 10 doesn't exist either.
It's easy to say that Pirate Adventure would be a great remake, but the cost is simply prohibitive.
Everything needs replacing, from the roof down, and the rotten floor and pumps up...and the cost would be greater than rebuilding the ride from scratch in another location!
It was closed because it was clapped out seven years ago, if there was a quick cheap fix it would have been done by now.

And Stortfore 10 doesn't exist either.
It's easy to say that Pirate Adventure would be a great remake, but the cost is simply prohibitive.
Everything needs replacing, from the roof down, and the rotten floor and pumps up...and the cost would be greater than rebuilding the ride from scratch in another location!
It was closed because it was clapped out seven years ago, if there was a quick cheap fix it would have been done by now.
Damm I suck at typing on this phone, just corrected it XD.

I'd hate to think of them removing Stormforce-10, it's one of the best water rides in the country.