• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

It's will be interesting to see how long Jormungandr lasts after it's re-theme. It would be a pretty easy ride to replace in a few years.
Egg-Spress at PWH opened originally the year before Buffalo and that was SBNO for the 2017/18 season and they brought it back so can see the powered coaster lasting into its 40’s as it still gets big queues.
4 generations of my family have been on the Buffalo and it always has good memories for visitors.

Last edited:
Just read the financial report year ending September 22. The only line going in to detail about Apocalypse’s replacement is that they have already committed to the replacement ride for that area. They’re very careful not to mention “rollercoaster” or any form of ride hardware. The director summary of FY ending September 22 could mean any number of different things and be read any number of ways; meaning, contract signed with the manufacturer, but as the financial report only covers up to year ending September last year, I would doubt any numbers mentioned about their capital expenditure in 2022 relate to the 2024 project. The only mention we have of a rollercoaster came from their MD when talking about future plans. Although, as these accounts and reports are publicly accessible, I suspect they would have been as coy as possible anyhow, as to not give the game away about costs / specific future CapEx investment or deposit payments or ride hardware before the park are ready to start teasing / marketing it.

Also, I keep seeing references to this new Thomas land ride being a confirmed water ride. Where has that been confirmed? Have I missed it somewhere?

Been looking at the Thomas land Japan log flume layout
C07230D8-C296-4EAE-831B-C7DF09B474AB.png
It looks a good size layout and if it’s a good as this with a smaller layout it be a good addition to the park.
CA9A2297-96C9-4485-AF24-A3805FE4B5EA.png
Been also searching and think it could have the same layout as the river rafts at Chessington

The drop could easily go in that area that’s been dug out inside the park.

Last edited:
I have heard in a few places hints towards an Intamin family/thrill launch coaster for the new 2024 coaster. Similar to juvelen or Seaworld jet rescue coasters. Again Likely to just be speculation rather than based on too much. However would fit the bill in-terms of type of coaster and thrill level the park want.

I have heard in a few places hints towards an Intamin family/thrill launch coaster for the new 2024 coaster. Similar to juvelen or Seaworld jet rescue coasters. Again Likely to just be speculation rather than based on too much. However would fit the bill in-terms of type of coaster and thrill level the park want.

Be a sensible addition but it wouldn't be enough to entice me back to the park I don't think. I am hoping for something a bit better and more thrilling but I suspect this might be what they go for.

Juvelen is meant to be a very good ride and Intamin have just developed a Juvelen 2:0 layout that ups the thrill level (including more airtime moments and other improvements) plus made it more compact for parks with more limited space