• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Other than Hyperion, this should be the biggest coaster news in the UK so you would have thought they would be drip-feeding content and teasers. The lack of official chat suggests to me it is going to be a summer opening and they are waiting until the Hyperion excitement dies down to start a marketing push. We need to remember that Drayton's marketing budget will be miniscule compared to what Merlin will spend pushing Hyperion.

Yep and i would expect the majority of somewhere like Drayton's marketing will take place on social media, which by it's transient nature means it's often best waiting till you have something to show.

They also seem quite keen on keeping it secretive, which i for one am very much enjoying.

Their marketing budget won't be as big of course not but that's still a bit of a cop out.

You can raise intrigue on socials without expensively made video packages. There's lot of things they could be doing.
Cryptic clues, countdowns and general fan interaction etc.....those sort of things don't cost much at all.

Maybe it's me but I see a similar path being followed as what happened at Pleasure Beach and a lot of the GP had no idea ICON even existed for weeks to months. A few people I know who aren't enthusiasts had no idea about it.

Other than Hyperion, this should be the biggest coaster news in the UK so you would have thought they would be drip-feeding content and teasers. The lack of official chat suggests to me it is going to be a summer opening and they are waiting until the Hyperion excitement dies down to start a marketing push. We need to remember that Drayton's marketing budget will be miniscule compared to what Merlin will spend pushing Hyperion.

Probably 3rd biggest news. Nemesis will probably be higher up as it's a world class coaster in the biggest park, no matter it's not technically new

I think Thorpe and Alton would like to keep their coasters a secret but cause they have to include everything in their planning applications it’s hard work.
By the time the half term event starts on the 10th the whole coaster circuit will be complete and I guess the trains won’t arrive for both this and Shockwaves replacement to after the 20th so they can try to keep them a secret then they got just over a month to do teaser’s and get it finished ready for testing which does point to a May opening date.

Regarding Shockwave, I would have liked to have seen a new set of colours but I'm starting to doubt that now so it might be just a jetwash for the track.

Any idea what's happening there?

Regarding Shockwave, I would have liked to have seen a new set of colours but I'm starting to doubt that now so it might be just a jetwash for the track.

Any idea what's happening there?
I know that they were working in the station building during the Christmas event.
2ADDA94C-7393-4027-A929-18438C13D03E.jpeg
Maybe they just gonna jet wash it this year as with the storm damage to Pirate adventure last month that will be extra costs that needs to be made safe for when the park reopens on the 10th. They could still be planning on painting as there is still 7 weeks on Saturday to the main season starts.

Drayton have posted this on their instagram, I thought it was quite odd how they haven’t done any teasers aside from the boards up at the park and just went straight in by telling the gp it’s a family lift and launch coaster. The twitter post makes more sense as it builds intrigue for anyone who doesn’t know what the coaster will be.
I don’t know much about marketing whatsoever but I just thought this was a slightly odd approach to revealing their brand new multimillion pound investment. Even vikings had multiple teasers leading up to the reveal!

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2uAQ_MN3WE/?igsh=NmtzNnFvdHRpbDJv

Drayton and looping group have done wonders at this park in the last few years. What a refreshment to see merlin being challenged, okay maybe not in the long term. But how many of us are fed up of this merlin dominance. Thank god people are showing they are here and competent to stay.

The only rides I've seen that fit Lynn's description are multi-pass launches where you vote on which way to go first e.g Fury at Bobbejaanland, Belgium. I'm actually struggling to think of what else you could do, perhaps set off effects?

The only rides I've seen that fit Lynn's description are multi-pass launches where you vote on which way to go first e.g Fury at Bobbejaanland, Belgium. I'm actually struggling to think of what else you could do, perhaps set off effects?
It would make sense for it to be something like that, if the “spinning” was just inside or after the station on a turntable to flip it the other way.

Intamin’s website does state the family launch coaster is offered with multi-dimension elements, which is quite vague but I would take to mean any elements that would fit with the family launch coaster train design that’s been selected would be OK.

It's really weird to see a coaster that's so far along and still not really know what it's going to do. Should be possible to work it out now, surely?

It certainly looks like they are getting a unique coaster. Interesting that theming is going to play a big part in the rider experience.

My only concern is that accelerator will look quite out of place. Someone has suggested this could be moved to to the Vikings area next season. Ether way I think it will need a retheme at some point.

I’m excited and also a little apprehensive about the idea of a differing ride experience. How would it be possible to manage queues with this and to allow the correct riders to experience the level they want to. Just because of this I think this is a theming element and not related to the coaster itself. Surely it would be a pain to have to run different cycles, you’d need a very complex queuing system, maybe even a virtual one. But I’d love to be blown out the water and stand corrected.