• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Called it months ago, it appears my hunch was correct, this will not be opening until very late into the season. It is pretty bad to be in mid April, with the three headline attractions the park has, all still shut, plus they are still charging full price gate entry.

There are ALOT of very angry people on social media regarding this and quite rightly so to be honest, when all three of the parks largest attractions are shut, this includes the yet un announced new coaster.

Parks will always hide behind their 'we reserve the right to close any ride at any time' T&C crap, which is not worth the paper it is printed on to be fair, not when people are leaving the park early, leaving angry and are not inclined to return, which is a frequent sentiment I am seeing on social media.

Drayton Manor have possibly dropped the ball a little bit regarding this if you ask me. They are advertising that this is their biggest season yet. Is it? It does not look like it, you are p****ing off customers left right and centre and are yet to open three headline attractions.

Last edited:
They've missed the Easter window. May (HALF TERM cc @rob666) will be Hyperia. The only window really available to them, where they're not competing for attention, is July.
Realistically speaking, the only new attraction it would have competed with attention-wise would have been Minifigure Raceway, but considering Minifig has the South East/London catchment area and has the West Midlands/Birmingham area, even that would have been limited. Hyperia is not an issue whatsoever as the overlap between the market for both parks would be really limited as both attractions target different age demographics.

As long as this doesn't open on the 24th of May, there'll be no issue whatsoever as the ""influencers"" are perfectly capable of visiting two theme parks within two days...

I think they want to get the Wave and Stormforce 10 open then maybe start teasers for the new coaster as if I’m right in saying this but is it the worlds 1st lift hill and launch with multiple switch tracks? Also I wonder where the other train is.
I’m sure Hagrids does all this in Orlando?

Well yeah, apart from that but everything else?
Just thinking about it Thirteen is a lift hill/ launch coaster but it does the same layout where Drayton’s looks like it can do different layout setting like I’m wondering now if it may have 3 trains as it may be a 2 lap special but say in the launch section it has a 30 sec projection show like the Bandits set Explodes and then smoke machines go off and flashing of lights. Then if u go into that building the next time there could be a different show.
Looking at the building
AF652B66-5B09-40D7-BA43-2A892EB41055.jpeg
There’s enough room on both sides of the train to fit screens and set pieces.

18 degrees is positively balmy. Now Battle Galleons when its about 5C max is the real test
When you're a goose both rides, no matter the weather or temperature, are a must and a blast.
Storm force 10 open from today.

Not sure 18 degrees warrants a ride…
@Zeock certainly wouldn't agree with your assesment. 30 spins on Tidal Wave, two weeks ago, in 8° C temperatures (or something crazy like that).

the train looks awful especially with that bar at the front, my friend described it perfectly "Looks like if you stripped back a chinese knockoff infinity train to the chassis" also hope there's more theming inside the station than plans of the train printed on A4