• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

It's like most rides after there shelf life the owners have to think if I spend 1m bringing this ride back to working order would it bring more guests into the park. I think that's why the big wheel was removed as it had lots of complains this season when they only used 4 pods.
I reckon it would be replaced with another big wheel or another family thrill flat ride.

Seems like us Brits are turning against the classic Ferris Wheel, as that's now 3 that have been removed from parks in the last couple of years (Drayton, Chessington and Lightwater).

Bring on the "Big" Wheel memorial garden, that's what I say! Will be interesting to see what fills its place in years to come (Probably picnic benches or as it is near the 4D Cinema with Yogi Bear, Picenick Benches)

Hi Guys!

Doesn't look like a great year for Drayton next year, although still good to see some positive improvements:
- 4D Cinema to receive uplift and I assume with this a new film
- Buffalo also having an uplift, I'm assuming because they don't yet have funds for the new coaster they're trying to keep it going a bit longer
- WildWest Shootout also set for an uplift/refurb
- Pandemonium and Stormforce finally ready to reopen

Not major things, but it's great to see some investment still even after a tough year, a bit of TLC is better than nothing, let's hope they get a major attraction in 2019 though.

Also a rumour car park charges may come back...

hmmm...I think it's understandable for them to be holding back. They could be budgeting for a 'double project' like Paulton's with their two Vekoma family coasters that came out in the same year, or perhaps its a large custom built thrill coaster (pretty unlikely I know) and it will take forever to afford. And I hope the car park charges isn't true. It's not the fact it's not a giant amount of money added on, it's the fact that it's taking customers for granted and squeezing every last penny out of them, which genuinely detracts from the experience. I want them to make more profits, but I'd prefer a season pass/ticket price rise over the whole car parking thing.

Yeah, I'd say there holding back some money for a large investment, and if Buffalo is being refurbed it's probably not going to be removed in the next couple of years(Unless they want to do a Merlin).

Drayton needs something major, and there's quite a bit of land ready for development within the park.

According to Screamscape, Drayton may have removed their Cable Cars this off-season:
Screamscape said:
(1/12/18) I’m told that Drayton Manor has closed and removed the park’s old Cable Cars (aerial tram) ride. From what I’m told the ride may have closed sometime in 2017, but as of right now, it looks like the cable and old supports may have also been removed from the park.
I'm thinking 2018 for Drayton could sort of be like 2016 was for Alton, but with less substantial cuts, what with both this and the Big Wheel being removed.

Me when Drayton build anything worthwhile outside of Thomas Land.
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Would be a shame if they’ve spiked the Cable Car too though.

New gen Vekoma would be amazing.

I really don't get why Drayton Manor hasn't gotten a major coaster in a long time there are plenty of coasters that are on the market under £4mill. Yet Drayton hasn't got a new coaster since 2011...

Drayton were meant to be getting a coaster from S&S this year, seems like that has been cancelled though. Probably not a bad thing as the leaked layout did look very poor indeed.

It would be nice if Drayton added something to appear to those who are not going for Thomas Land though. There is so little reason to visit at the moment.

:)

As like the big wheel the cable cars had a lowest amount of guests per hour ratio and it needed 3 members of staff at any time to run it.
The buffalo will be the next ride to be removed.