• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

And something they don't have to shut every time there's a little bit of rain.

Plus the park is very much lacking a 'junior' coaster and this very much fills in a gap in their market. Just annoying that the other coaster they'd planned seems to have been kiboshed by the local planning committee.

For such a major player in the European theme park industry, it's a real shame that Efteling still lacks a single stand-out attraction
Flying Dutchman definitely and Symbollica are stand out new attractions. Honestly the park must just not be your bag, which is fair enough, it's an incredible park with such a stellar range of old and new and a unique style. It ticks boxes for good coasters too with Baron and Joris (better than their Alton Towers equivalents) but obviously is more about the park itself and the dark rides than coasters. There's Phantasialand across the border for that!

For such a major player in the European theme park industry, it's a real shame that Efteling still lacks a single stand-out attraction
Flying Dutchman and Droomvlucht are both amazing. Absolutely standout attractions for sure.

I’ll agree they lack a true top-tier coaster, though I’m not exactly sure it’s that kind of park...

Flying Dutchman definitely and Symbollica are stand out new attractions. Honestly the park must just not be your bag, which is fair enough, it's an incredible park with such a stellar range of old and new and a unique style. It ticks boxes for good coasters too with Baron and Joris (better than their Alton Towers equivalents) but obviously is more about the park itself and the dark rides than coasters. There's Phantasialand across the border for that!

I've only been once but I love Efteling, it is a beautiful and somewhat unique park. I am very much looking forward to visiting again later this year. I do however agree with the comment that they are lacking a real standout attraction.

DVH has a brilliantly themed dark ride section but the coaster is a bit pants. Symbolica is good, but I feel it is just lacking something. Baron looks stunning but at the end of the day it is a mini B&M Dive Machine and they are just fine; Oblivion is better track and train in my opinion. Joris is great fun but not on the same levels as say Troy or Wodan.

I'd love to see Efteling get a truly top coaster that will make everyone stop and look, but I just don't think it is their style. And that is fair enough.

The latest making of video has been released today focusing more on track featuring Mack engineers

I'd love to see Efteling get a truly top coaster that will make everyone stop and look, but I just don't think it is their style. And that is fair enough.
Oh yes this i agree with, it could only be a big positive if they bagged themselves a Taron sort of ride and do it in their style. Maybe Baron was meant to be that, but being a dive machine it wasn't really much of a standout.

On the Max & Moritz side of things, the track construction appears to be coming along quite well:

82287507_2706651246084655_3245480518120112128_n.jpg

Is it bad that I honestly find that crane more interesting than the ride it's building? The boom seems totally out of proportion to it's size, that's some serious engineering!

Doesn't look the most exciting but I can't imagine many Mack powered rides do layout wise, happy to be proven wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know it sounds stupid but you've got to think that's two coasters so really it's double dull because you're only riding half of what's there.

*EDIT*
It's a shame they didn't make track swap sides so you could have ridden both at the same time, unless it does and I haven't noticed.

Last edited:
It's nice but it's a bit dull.

It's a shame they didn't make track swap sides so you could have ridden both at the same time, unless it does and I haven't noticed.
Doesn't look like it. You can see where the blue and green track enter and exit the station. Not a lot of room for any crossover!