• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Track complete
dec5522569808dd823d38c64c515f8c8.jpg

Photo credit: http://airpro-waalwijk.weebly.com/

Last edited:

Hmmmm, looking at that I can't help but feel it looks a tad, erm, I think dull is the word..!

To be fair though, for a park that is a quintessential family theme park it is lacking an entry level kids coaster, and this will serve the job perfectly. Clearly it is not going to be as good as Bob for the likes of us but that's not what they were going for. I'd imagine the next coaster is more of a replacement for Bob in terms of thrill level.

Hopefully this will be operated so that it duels, there seem to be a fair few crossovers.

Hmmmm, looking at that I can't help but feel it looks a tad, erm, I think dull is the word..!

To be fair though, for a park that is a quintessential family theme park it is lacking an entry level kids coaster, and this will serve the job perfectly. Clearly it is not going to be as good as Bob for the likes of us but that's not what they were going for. I'd imagine the next coaster is more of a replacement for Bob in terms of thrill level.

Hopefully this will be operated so that it duels, there seem to be a fair few crossovers.
The "making of" videos confirm that its designed to be a child's first coaster and the one interviewing Mack designers suggests its track is designed specially for duelling to maximise interactions. So pretty spot on assumptions :D

This actually strikes me as a very sensible approach to providing introductory coasters for the youngest (and in particular least able to queue) visitors in a busy park. One Mack powered coaster probably has a better throughput than most kids' coasters on its own, and the super smooth track profiling on the new ones makes them a lot more refined too. Build a pair and operate them well and the capacity should be far beyond most attractions for this target age group.

Went to Efteling for the first time today. February has the disadvantage of minimal entertainment / shows and no water rides; but having walk on queues to everything else was great.

The coasters were all fun, but nothing standout... All have great theming.
It is a great park, if you appreciate theming and atmosphere. I'd love to see dark rides of that quality in our UK Merlin parks.
Food prices seemed OK, park presentation and cleanliness was outstanding...

Considering the BPB pass well onto the way justifying itself, and I haven't even been to BPB with it yet!

I've just had an email from Toverland that "Toverland sluit haar deuren tot en met 27 maart 2020". Without translating, I assume that means they are closing.

Coincidence they are both announced on the same day or told to by a higher authority?

I've just had an email from Toverland that "Toverland sluit haar deuren tot en met 27 maart 2020". Without translating, I assume that means they are closing.

Coincidence they are both announced on the same day or told to by a higher authority?
The Netherlands announced a load of new restrictions yesterday afternoon so I'm guessing this is just the fall out from that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still never been to this park. Think I'm going to hold off till their next major addition. They definitely need a world class thrill coaster. Baron comes close I suppose but ideally a coaster with decent length.

This family coaster looks good considering it's target market. Shame that they seem to be adding yet another family coaster next year too though. Supposedly with a circus theme. Hopefully it's a family thrill coaster but I doubt it.

The circus coaster was apparently supposed to be an Intamin drop track coaster in the style of Thirteen, but with launches. At least, it was the last time I heard anything about it. Regardless, should be a nice family thrill ride to look forward to for 2021 at the park!

As for a world class thrill coaster at Efteling; I'd love to see their take on something like an Intamin Blitz Coaster, but I think they are fundamentally a family park; a bit like the Disney parks, for example.

You know, I personally don't think that Efteling needs a world-class thrill coaster. It's not what the park is about, and really Baron is a bit of a surprise investment as far as I'm concerned. The beauty of the park is the theming, the dark rides, the Fairytale Forest, and the fact that it's just such a bloody nice place to be.

What it does need, I think, is just a bit more. It's a massive park, but everything is a bit spaced out, often with long walks between areas. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. It's different; unusual.

It's definitely on my to do list. Might wait for next year's coaster to open and go then. My lad will be 7 in 2021 so probably a good age for Efteling.

Regardless, should be a nice family thrill ride to look forward to for 2021 at the park!
With their expansion plans having been rejected last year there will not be a 2021 coaster. There was an appeal hearing scheduled in June where Efteling were hoping to get the authorities to reconsider their proposals; however whether that will still take place or be delayed due to the current situation remains to be seen. Even if they were to finally get permission in June the new area and ride wouldn't be done for 2021.
It was rejected due to neighbours complaints about extra noise and traffic concerns.
https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/nieuws/20190301-update-uitbreiding-efteling