Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Russ, 29th Jul 2014.

1. Russ

Russ TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Looks like we are getting another Blue Fire clone this time for a park in Poland. I believe this is the fifth clone but could be mistaken.

It will be called Formula 1 and will be opening in 2015.

http://rcdb.com/12263.htm

Posted 29th Jul 2014
  2. TheMan

TheMan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    NemiLerVion
    I am not sure I like all these "clones". I have still yet to ride the original, but for me this has taken the shine off it. I just don't think a coaster of this size, and reputation and standing in the industry should have been cloned.

Think of the Dive coasters for example, there's 2 "Oblivion"s and one is mirrored and they both use incredible backdrops to create quite incredible coasters. From there, lot's have been built but the original stands alone as the concept. I think true game changing coasters like Blue Fire should be given that accolade, having a unique ride and presence somewhere.

I think they should have had a different layout to sell to others, especially given Mack's size and reputation.

For once Roland, I find myself rather disappointed in you good sir!

Posted 29th Jul 2014
  3. smudge

smudge TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Well considering Blue Fire is a show-piece intended to sell the model, I can't say they are doing anything wrong.

The only reason Liseberg chose Mack for helix was riding Blue fire. Mack are still trying to break into the big-time coaster manufacturers so surely they want to get the brand out as much as possible. Most know that Blue Fire is a great coaster, so why not flaunt it wherever possible, especially when a park is BUYING it off you to do so.

I agree that it does take the shine off it though, but am I going to care when I ride Blue Fire? not really.

For all we know there might be a nemesis clone in a millionaires back garden ;)

Posted 29th Jul 2014
  4. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Blue Fire is more than just track and train. You got the incredible theming, the pre-launch scene, the on board audio, the build up in the queue, the Iceland area, the operations The list goes on. None of the clones are likely to replicate anything of the same quality. Even riding Blue Fire without the on board audio working makes a difference to the ride experience. I'd rather them not have cloned it but it's not as bigger issue as it could be.

:)

Sam likes this.
    Posted 29th Jul 2014
  5. Russ

Russ TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Let's all not forget that Mack was approached over i305. I think Blue Fire is a great show piece and has done Mack wonders of showing what they are capable of.

I really hope that Mack have a great project up their sleeve to really show what they can do in the future.

Last edited: 30th Jul 2014
    Posted 29th Jul 2014
  6. Laura

Laura TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    blue fire Megacoaster
    It's funny, I was going to say the same thing yesterday about disliking the clones for this very reason... But I didn't because I didn't think anyone would agree with me!

TheMan likes this.
    Posted 30th Jul 2014
  7. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Not really worth a new topic, but yet another Blue Fire is being built for 2015 at Wonder Island, Saint Petersburg, Russia. How many is that now? I think three Blue Fires are currently operating, with three more (this, Poland and Dubai) under construction.

It doesn't really bother me, and I don't think it takes the shine off EP's Blue Fire at all. None of the others have the theming, the operations, the heart or the soul. There may be many Blue Fires, but there is only one Blue Fire.

Posted 13th Oct 2014
  8. josht

josht TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    bandit (movie park)
    Blue fire is sublime as a ride I'm glad the mack family are doing well and selling these models :)

Posted 13th Oct 2014
  9. IanB

IanB TowersStreet Member

Has any other manufacture sold as many clones as this before? Does anyone know what the most cloned coaster is?

Ian

Posted 13th Oct 2014
  10. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Yeah, Blue Fires are relatively rare!

44 Vekoma Boomerangs listed.

WillG and IanB like this.
  11. Benzin

Benzin TowersStreet Member

Well yeah there is only one, since Europa's is called blue fire Megacoaster ;)

12. Russ

Russ TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Little bit of an update for this park seems that they have now cancelled the order with Mack and gone with Vekoma reason are still unknown.

Old Plan

Mack family (Pegasus clone)
    Mack LSM (Bluefire clone)
    Mack Spinning (a clone of the ones at Le Pal and Toverland)

New plan
    Vekoma family (standard larpladel)
    Vekoma SFC (a clone of Orkanen)
    Vekoma SLC (standar)
    Vekoma LSM (custom)

13. Martin

Martin TowersStreet Member

I really don't get this thing about clones ruining the original. Blue Fire is no less great because there's clones of it, I don't see how that could impact enjoyment and appreciation of the ride.

In the equal but opposite way that no one rides an SLC and thinks it'd be better if there was less of them.

Rick likes this.
  14. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    But it would certainly be better if there were none of them! :p

D4n, Rick, DiogoJ42 and 4 others like this.
  15. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

I agree, Blaze. And I think it's because even if they have the same layout, proper Blue Fire is still clearly the best of the bunch by a long way (for the moment). This is in terms of theming, landscaping, architecture, train design, effects, storyline and operations. I don't mind Jingjang Fantasy Vision World in China getting some crappy two-train BF clone on a bit of scrubland next to an industrial kitten-killing warehouse on the outskirts of Guangzhou because I know that it'll never have the heart and the soul and the vision of original.

You could say that there are a couple of Blue Fires but there is only one Blue Fire.

Harv, DiogoJ42 and Martin like this.
  16. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    There are a great many Vekoma SLC's... but there's only one Infusion.

Mi-Nigle, Martin, Russ and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Does the G5 Diving Coaster in Taiwan make Oblivion any worse? Obviously not!

Russ likes this.
  18. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    In the case of Oblivion I'd say it makes it even better. Until you've seen that picture of G5 on the side of a mountain you can't really appreciate how deep that tunnel goes!

Ted likes this.
  19. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

[​IMG]

Spew Fire.

20. josht

josht TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    bandit (movie park)
    Wtf this that colour it's horrible