• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Yes it would be nice to see what Vekoma could do however I like the look of the Intamin one, and Intamin are a tried and tested manufacturer and responsible for some of the best coasters out there. Also if the coaster uses the new Taron lapbar trains it would be amazing!

Intamin gets my vote.

Wow, the expansion of this park is quite incredible. Opened in 2014 with three coasters, added three more coasters in 2015, a new Vekoma launch in 2016, three coasters planned in 2017 and then this in 2018! The Vekoma they got this year looks pretty good as well.

Without a shadow of a doubt I hope they go for the Intamin in 2018. It's not often a park in Europe is able to build a big ass Intamin and this one seems to have a good layout combined with the new trains. 2018 is already set to be a great year in Europe but if this Intamin is built it could well be the best of those set to open.

The Vekoma does looks good and I am pleased to see they are coming up with these new concepts as it is about time they caught up with the likes of Mack and Intamin. However despite the good looking layout am I confident that Vekoma could make it work well and ensure it is a potentially world class coaster like the Intamin probably would be? I'm afraid I'm not. They are unproven in this market.

What will they end up getting? I think it will be the Vekoma. Clearly Energylandia have a very good relationship with Vekoma and seem to be almost like a showcase park. The Vekoma will likely be cheaper and they might even offer the park a good deal to get their new concept built and out there. If it turned out to be good then it could just be the break they need. Having said that Intamin don't get the chance to build many coasters in Europe and the USA at the moment so will want this project just as much.

Exciting times ahead!

EDIT:

Christ it's not just the coasters! They're actually getting 17 new attraction in 2017 and here is a list (taken from CoasterForce, not the best translation):

1. Speed Water Coaster, - the largest water the fastest roller coaster in the world-our pride of 2017, as well as a new challenge for producer - swiss intamin.
2. Roller Coaster Boomerang firmy Vekoma,
3. Spill Water Anaconda - Swiss production company, intamin
4. The River Wild Jungle adventure - attraction that we create together also the Swiss company, intamin
5. New, powerful and spectacular f1 area in the neighborhood roller coaster f1,
6. Swiss village - beautiful place of rest, relaxation and fun
7. Viking Village in the neighborhood roller coastra dragon - with numerous attractions, min. Thematic Spływem in the land of the Vikings,
8. Arranging New entry to energylandia - fabulous castle
9. Pearl Wheel
10. Drift Race,
11. Mini Carousel,
12. Dragon Coaster,
13. Flying Bus
14. Mini Aiport
15. Air Show,
16. Funny Cars,
17. Monorail Griffin

Looks like a rapids and some other form on Intamin water ride as well as the Intmain water coaster!

:)

Last edited:
It seems that the Vekoma version is being received much better on their social media than the Intamin incarnation.

Thinking back to watching them last night, I actually preferred Vekoma's layout, but I have to echo the comments already made about Intamin being a saf...um, better bet for a coaster of that scale. Somebody's got to give these new Vekoma designs a chance though, surely? Vekoma's newer family coaster types seem very competently put together, just like Gerstlauer's, so I'd like to think the thrill coasters should be on a par with Gerst's better efforts too.

It is important that Vekoma get the chance to deliver a coaster like this. Their new ride systems are much better these days.

I am glad it is winning - even if in theory, the Intamin may be better.

Posted on the Vekoma facebook page today.

14590519_1836785496607696_6219279336610833733_n.jpg

It looks good, I mean really good. I just don't trust them to provide a coaster with incredible airtime like we know Intamin can. Also the Vekoma trains looked very long, could this cause them to drag over the hills slightly more?

Well they announced today that the Intamin won.
Height: 80 Metres (262 ft)
Top Speed: 140kmh (87mph)

4 seats in each row using the Taron seating and restraints.
It will also feature a splashdown near the end.

Last edited:
Fantastic news. I'm really excited by this, the layout looks great. Very intense and fast-paced with quick transitions and airtime peppered throughout the layout. I like the fact it spends so much of its layout hugging the ground and there's a good number of unique new elements as well. It's everything a modern hyper coaster should be.

It's been a long time since we've had an Intamin hyper built in Europe. I think that Goliath was the last and they've come a long way since then. I hope this project goes ahead smoothly and I hope to ride it once it opens. Flights to Poland aren't too expensive.

The Vekoma proposal did look good but it was more in the vein of a B&M style hyper. Not that there's anything wrong with that, Shambhala is one of my favourite coasters but we've been sorely missing some Intamin madness in Europe. I've been watching with great jealousy as other parts of the world receive the likes of Skyrush, i305, Flying Aces and the Wanda coasters in China. Now, by the looks of it, there'll be something to rival those coasters right on our doorstep.

Reactions: Rob
Energylandia is not far from Krakow, which I hear is a brilliant city. I smell a trip.
'TST: Beyond the Iron Curtain'. I like the sound of it. Poland's a country I've wanted to visit for a while, and Energylandia seems like a good reason to make a trip out there. As for Krakow... *pages @Jem8472*

Shame the outside seats don't appear to be floorless but nevertheless looks like it'll be one of the best coasters in Europe.

Definitely hoping to visit when it opens. Few days in Krakow, go here, Auschwitz, the salt mine, enjoy the cheap beer, be a great holiday that. SovietSosche 2018.

Excellent, I am very pleased that they have gone with Intamin. This will easily be one of the most exciting coasters being built worldwide in 2018 and will likely be one of, if not the best, coaster in Europe. Yes that's a lot to live up to but we know how epic these Intamin's can be, it is worth the hype. Interesting to see the 4 across trains as well.

Engergylandia will definitely be worth a trip in 2018.

Apperently Energylandia has permitted files for an RMC Hyper Hybrid I-Box, Multi Launch 5 inversions 60mph(Sounds Mack), A Mine Train and a tilt coaster all before 2020...

This is sounding like this is going to be the Cedar Point of Europe...

Sounds amazing, but where are they getting all their money from? Has any park ever expanded as rapidly as this one?

Sounds amazing, but where are they getting all their money from? Has any park ever expanded as rapidly as this one?
Apperently it is funded by the Polish Government to boost tourism, But that's just something I read online, So I don't know how true it is...

The Intamin hyper has had a layout change:

Looks a bit more substantial than the previous layout. This page are also calling it a hyper wing coaster, which is interesting.

Is this park attempting to reach 20 coasters before SFMM does or something? They must have added or announced at least 10 coasters in the last 3 years.

On a serious note, is the RMC going to be a wooden coaster or a ground-up steel hybrid?