• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

How long is/was the EU funding due to last? Surely it must be coming to an end soon, if it hasn’t already?

I am surprised that all this money seems to be continuing to go into Energylandia. Given that it is public money, even more so in the current climate. Still... creds.

The management of Legendia must cry into their pillows every night?

I am surprised that all this money seems to be continuing to go into Energylandia. Given that it is public money, even more so in the current climate. Still... creds.

The management of Legendia must cry into their pillows every night?

Ah yes, Legendia, basically the LWV of Poland.

Assuming this tilt coaster is like the broken rail coasters, colour me very interested

Are they ever going to realise they need to take a step back and take the time and money to plan and execute these rides and areas to a higher standard? A well designed and immersive themed area seems achievable, but the park seen too impatient to implement it. Even the newer areas have their issues, like the half-baked Aqualantis, that originally looked so promising.

There’s surely nobody visiting the park thinking the one thing they’re really missing is another vekoma coaster.

The place seems to be one big euro funding fiddle.
I can't help but think this money could have been spent far more fairly supporting a large number of tourist projects over the nation, rather than on one funfair that figured out how to steal a larger share of the funding than it deserved.
We know how to screw the grant system, so we build the biggest park, with the most coasters, in Europe.
Bit stinky in my mind.

Last edited:
Very interested to see how this tilt coaster turns out. Hopefully it is a genuinely good coaster and not just a gimmick. I still can't help but feel the majority of Energylandia's coasters are somewhat average.

It'll be interesting to see if it's a custom model or an off the shelf design Vekoma already have in place.

It's all fine and dandy if they want to bang their drum about having 20 coasters, but when only 3 of them in the park at present are actual custom designs and have any form of decent theming, it just emphasises how much the park is still quantity over quality.

Out of the 17 coasters they've got open before this year,

2 are top quality rides
4 are good rides that are enjoyable.
11 are kids/bland coasters.

I would be interested to hear how that compares to Cedar Point/ Six Flags MM from those that have been there.

Out of the 17 coasters they've got open before this year,

2 are top quality rides
4 are good rides that are enjoyable.
11 are kids/bland coasters.

I would be interested to hear how that compares to Cedar Point/ Six Flags MM from those that have been there.
There is just no comparison really.

Cedar Point

6 top quality coasters (inc. TTD)
5 good enjoyable coasters
5 kids/bland coasters

Six Flags Magic Mountain

5 top quality coasters
7 good enjoyable coasters
7 kids/bland coasters

All in my option of course.

It'll be interesting to see if it's a custom model or an off the shelf design Vekoma already have in place.

It's all fine and dandy if they want to bang their drum about having 20 coasters, but when only 3 of them in the park at present are actual custom designs and have any form of decent theming, it just emphasises how much the park is still quantity over quality.
Perhaps they are trying to turn over a new leaf with this coaster, it's custom and will likely be at least somewhat decent.

Perhaps they are trying to turn over a new leaf with this coaster, it's custom and will likely be at least somewhat decent.
I doubt they've sat down and said to themselves "right lads, that's enough off the shelf designs now. Let's finally commit to that tilt coaster we were meant to get before Zadra, and make SURE that we use a layout not prescribed by Vekoma. We need to be seen as innovative rather than plonking in coaster after coaster.

Also, have Vekoma said which junior model we haven't used yet that we can put into the park to accompany the tilt?".

I doubt they've sat down and said to themselves "right lads, that's enough off the shelf designs now. Let's finally commit to that tilt coaster we were meant to get before Zadra, and make SURE that we use a layout not prescribed by Vekoma. We need to be seen as innovative rather than plonking in coaster after coaster.

Also, have Vekoma said which junior model we haven't used yet that we can put into the park to accompany the tilt?".
Probably not, but they may well have decided to focus less on building two coasters each year and instead decided they want to build higher quality attractions. I'm not saying they have because I think it's more likely Vekoma has offered it as part of another package deal. For Vekoma it's the perfect test ground for there new concepts and I imagine that's what's happened here.

For Vekoma this is a big step, they've been buildings lots of really good but fairly standard coasters but this is the first diversion from that since they changed there track design and company vision. It's a move from them that means if it's successful we could see quite a few of them build over the next decade, so it's important to see how it turns out.

The average quality of Energylandia's coasters is not great - it's pretty bottom-heavy with a lot of coasters for younger visitors. It's improved a bit since I went in 2018 when Hyperion was the only top-tier coaster but even since then they've continued to add a lot of family coasters which don't really add a lot of value to the existing line up - from this season the park will have 5 vekoma jr & jr boomerang coasters, plus an SFC. It certainly seems more like an attempt to go for a record rather than to balance out the park.

Whilst the 4-tier thrill level tags on RCDB aren't the most accurate (and should never be used to judge how good a ride is), the difference between the coaster line-ups at Energylandia and SFMM/Cedar Point is striking. The latter two have relatively few family/kiddy coasters whilst the majority of the rides fall under these two categories at Energylandia

Energylandia / SFMM / Cedar Point

1646069353684.png1646069437744.png1646069384089.png

Perhaps a more comparable coaster-heavy park to Energylandia is Canada's Wonderland. That park has 17 coasters (two more than Cedar Point now that Dragster is out of action, and one more even if you include it), but only 8 of theirs are Extreme, with 4 being Thrill and 4 being Family. EL will be at 7 Extreme and 2 Thrill once the currently under construction coasters are open, and I'd personally go as far as putting some other of EL's family coasters within the Thrill category (for instance, I'm surprised that Dragon isn't Thrill when Viking is).

While CW arguably isn't quite as bottom-heavy as EL (particularly in terms of the raw quantity of family/kiddie coasters), I've often heard it referred to as "quantity over quality" by those who've been, with people billing the 3 B&Ms as currently filling the role that Hyperion, Zadra and Abyssus currently fill within Energylandia (the role of "acclaimed thrill coasters that drag people there"), and the rest more existing as filler rides of variable quality, like the lower tier of Energylandia's selection. The park has a lot of clones and rides that aren't especially highly rated in a similar vein to EL, which I find interesting.

As a reminder, here's Canada's Wonderland's RCDB page: https://rcdb.com/4539.htm

I should clarify that I haven't been to either park, but that's just my personal take from a non-visitor's perspective.

Perhaps a more comparable coaster-heavy park to Energylandia is Canada's Wonderland. That park has 17 coasters (two more than Cedar Point now that Dragster is out of action, and one more even if you include it), but only 8 of theirs are Extreme, with 4 being Thrill and 4 being Family. EL will be at 7 Extreme and 2 Thrill once the currently under construction coasters are open, and I'd personally go as far as putting some other of EL's family coasters within the Thrill category (for instance, I'm surprised that Dragon isn't Thrill when Viking is).

While CW arguably isn't quite as bottom-heavy as EL (particularly in terms of the raw quantity of family/kiddie coasters), I've often heard it referred to as "quantity over quality" by those who've been, with people billing the 3 B&Ms as currently filling the role that Hyperion, Zadra and Abyssus currently fill within Energylandia (the role of "acclaimed thrill coasters that drag people there"), and the rest more existing as filler, like the rest of Energylandia's selection. The park has a lot of clones and rides that aren't especially highly rated in a similar vein to EL, which I find interesting.

As a reminder, here's Canada's Wonderland's RCDB page: https://rcdb.com/4539.htm

I should clarify that I haven't been to either park, but that's just my personal take from a non-visitor's perspective.
Yes I've seen people say that Canada's wonderland has got lots of average or rubbish coasters but not much amazing. Just a few good B&M's. There is a comparison there however Energyalandia has had it's lineup build over less than ten years while canada's wonderland has existed for far longer. Enegerylandia is such a weird park in that way.

Energylandia is such a weird park.

Needs a lot of the front ripping out and rebuilding.

There's no real logic and it's very thrown together as though they didn't realise how big the park would become.