• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Maybe they realised Abyssus is a bit pants so they moved on to something better?
I wouldn’t say it’s pants, but it’s definitely not all I thought I would be! after riding Lech Coaster, I had my expectations too high. However I do think it fills a good gap in the park, operating as a stepping stone to Hyperion and Zadra, currently they only really have Formula and arguably Speed that do that.

I really like Abyssus. I think it’s a great coaster for the park and it’s a nice fun ride and a good long layout.

The park have Hyperion and Zadra which are quite intense coasters and then you’ve got Abyssus which is a nice step up from a more family orientated ride like RMF Dragon. My wife only fancied a couple of goes each day on Zadra yet I think she could happily session Abyssus all day. It reminds me a lot of Icon in that it’s very rideable, yet whereas Icon has a more leisurely second half here on Abyssus it’s the other way around, slower start and then the fun really kicks in at the second launch. I think one of these Vekoma Shockwaves would be perfect for Drayton Manor actually.

Yeah, this park really doesn't have enough coasters opened in the past decade.

This is, very obviously, not what I meant. I never once said they’ve not had enough coasters in the past decade. I visited the park only a few weeks ago and was keen to go back next year to experience the tilt coaster. If it wont be open, I won’t be able to justify spending money to go out there when I’ve only recently experienced all of the other existing coasters.

Not sure what point you were really trying to make here. Any new coaster being delayed is a shame, it’s no reflection on the rest of the park though.

At energylandia yesterday and today, was wondering if anyone else had noticed the strange routine they sometimes have of swapping the train on Zadra around 3/4pm. I’ve tried to get my head around why they do it but it’s a very confusing one… it’s not like they are adding another train for queue times, they are literally just swapping the train that’s been on the track all day for the one in the maintenance shed. Does anyone have any idea why they might do this from a technical point of view, or is it as I suspect either a time wasting exercise, a maintenance decision or just another weird quirk of energylandia.

I’ve not witnessed the above, I can only assume that engineers had work to carry out on the trains and figured it would make sense to do that work on both trains during the day rather than having to stay late and do it after park close.

If the park was quiet, I imagine the effects of this were minimal, so I get why they’d want to do that. I assume it’s not something they do every day.

I did guess it was maybe wear/engineering related. But I still find it odd that they’d do it. Surely it’s easier to just do the work on one train after close rather than more work on both. But I’m no engineer so they obviously have their reasons. But on a side note, the operations here are weird on every coaster.

I did guess it was maybe wear/engineering related. But I still find it odd that they’d do it. Surely it’s easier to just do the work on one train after close rather than more work on both. But I’m no engineer so they obviously have their reasons. But on a side note, the operations here are weird on every coaster.
Weird in a good way or bad way or....

The only frustrating thing I noticed about Energylandia’s operations is that when it’s quiet, they insist on waiting 5-10 mins for more people to turn up and fill up the train. This is pretty frustrating when it’s a park which has so many coasters and when you know that you’d be getting a lot more rides and re-rides in, if it wasn’t for this practice.

Nearby Legendia didn’t have this practice and was much quieter than Energylandia, allowing for plenty of Lech Coaster re-rides.

The chicken kebabs (which seemed to be sold everywhere) were great and the portion sizes were enormous.
There's a Chinese noodle place inside a volcano that was good.
The coffee shop (crab coffee) in aqualantis is a nice place to grab a hot drink and slice of cake.

The restaurant in Aqualantis does really nice pizza at a good price. It’s great to sit on the upper terrace there with your food watching Abyssus go round.

King Arthur’s Pub by Zadra is a nice place for a beer. Really you can’t go wrong for food and drink at Energylandia, prices are very reasonable so go ahead and try whatever you fancy. There’s a Netto supermarket just outside of the park as well if you want to grab anything to take in with you such as sweets and snacks.

The chicken kebabs (which seemed to be sold everywhere) were great and the portion sizes were enormous.
There's a Chinese noodle place inside a volcano that was good.
The coffee shop (crab coffee) in aqualantis is a nice place to grab a hot drink and slice of cake.
Fab - thank you John - Chinese noodles in a volcano sounds great!

A fair few places closed this time apart from the Halloween night. However from what I did try I’d recommend the Aqualantis restaurant for a sit down meal, but also the kebabs tend to be okay if it’s something quick. One thing I did find quite poor is the wraps in the dragon zone area near Zadra.

A fair few places closed this time apart from the Halloween night. However from what I did try I’d recommend the Aqualantis restaurant for a sit down meal, but also the kebabs tend to be okay if it’s something quick. One thing I did find quite poor is the wraps in the dragon zone area near Zadra.
Heard the Aqualantis was a bit like an IKEA - never had a good meal in one of those - good advice on the wraps thanks will avoid those

I understand King Arthur’s pub has been closed quite a bit recently, so I wouldn’t bank on it being open on any particular day.

I understand King Arthur’s pub has been closed quite a bit recently, so I wouldn’t bank on it being open on any particular day.
Closed every day during my visit. But there isn’t a shortage of places to buy a beer that’s for sure 😂

Off to Energylandia at the end of the month (tickets super cheap <£15) - for those who have been, what are your recommendations for food please?

Try the Scandinavian restaurant - very nice, authentic food. And the building itself is excellently themed and offers some great views of the park!