• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Well that’s a good sign that they’re actually taking care of it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Sweet Valley and the Tilt Coaster to open next year so I can justify making another trip there.

Back at the park again today and tomorrow. Been here for nearly 2 hours and only been for one ride on Zadra despite everything being walk on 😂 this park has what I’m calling Bullseye syndrome, like the show it’s in some ways awful and in other ways so much fun, you can’t help but love it.

It’s still a way from opening. Was hopeful I might get it this time around but may get a cheap flight when it opens. It does look like it’s on it’s finishing touches now but it’s a large area so I think that will take time. Painting and landscaping seem the focus.

Back at the park again today and tomorrow. Been here for nearly 2 hours and only been for one ride on Zadra despite everything being walk on 😂 this park has what I’m calling Bullseye syndrome, like the show it’s in some ways awful and in other ways so much fun, you can’t help but love it.
I'm going for the first time next month. 1 ride in 2 hours even though everything is walk on, is that through choice or...?

A shame that there is no sign of the Mine Train opening any time soon, feels like the coaster itself has been built for a long time now.

I'm going for the first time next month. 1 ride in 2 hours even though everything is walk on, is that through choice or...?

A shame that there is no sign of the Mine Train opening any time soon, feels like the coaster itself has been built for a long time now.
Absolutely by choice, I’ve been here a lot now so I’m in no rush, just needed my 70th ride on Zadra 😂. Magic gate is open so you could lap it if you wanted to despite it being only on one train. You will enjoy it here, it’s one of my guilty pleasures. But as I said I could be racking up the ride count if I wanted to and the Tyskie beer wasn’t so tempting.

Just had a further look at sweet valley. It’s not just painting and landscaping as I first said! Buildings are still shells in places and the canyon/mountain theming on choco chip is miles away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any sort of progress or implication in were the tilt coaster will be going in the park?

Or the on site accommodation for that matter?

Just seems mad I visited in September 2021 and you could see them progressing on Sweet Valley every day, so the fact its not open 18 months later is mad. Suppose it shows there being a bit more smart with the investment having added so much year on year up to Abyssus in 2021.

Any sort of progress or implication in were the tilt coaster will be going in the park?

Or the on site accommodation for that matter?

Just seems mad I visited in September 2021 and you could see them progressing on Sweet Valley every day, so the fact its not open 18 months later is mad. Suppose it shows there being a bit more smart with the investment having added so much year on year up to Abyssus in 2021.
There doesn’t seem to be any groundwork visible from the parks grounds but maybe if you ventured out you might see more. But everything leads to it being behind Zadra, which would complete the loop when including sweet valley. Hotel also doesn’t seem to have broken ground yet but I’ve heard it is to be on the same side as the water park, which worries me as why would you build the hotel next to the extreme energylandia car stunt show… it’s awfully loud.

It's the weirdest major park in Europe.

Half of the place is ugly as sin and the other half is gorgeous. Some of their coasters are world class and others wouldn't look out of place at a travelling fair. They build most new areas and rides in no time at all and now there's been severe delays with the newer ones.

It's worth going for the stand out rides though for sure. Doesn't feel like a brilliant park though still. They still have some ways to come to improve the overall experience.

It’s definitely slowly improved in the last two years. They seem to be getting a better grasp on how to operate the place now. Theme parks of this scale are still very new to Poland so it’s understandable they took their own aproach to it. But they really really need to take a look at the original middle sections of the park going forward and removing some of the fairground style attractions. I don’t think they need to plonk a tilt coaster behind Zadra, they need to develop and add something of that scale in the “bullseye” section as I call it.

I think it's clear that they initially had buckets of cash but no idea how to build a theme park.

In recent years they must have got some more experienced people from the industry involved.

Its a shame really as most of the park is just wasted space.

I wonder if they've hit their ceiling with attendances? Maybe they've slowed down construction until the hotel opens so they can attract more long stay guests.

I do often think about wether the park turns a profit over the year. Apart from the main summer period the park is lifeless and dead. Great for us enthusiasts but terrible for the park itself. It seems as if they have looked at places like Europa and hoped they could have a piece of the pie, which hasn’t worked out as planned. I don’t like IP attractions but maybe that’s the way they should go to attract more visitation.

If they put the tilt behind Zadra/opposite Frida to complete the loop layout, they need to bulldoze half the park on the original side. Mars/Apocalyptico/Monster House/Viking/Happy Loops/The Wacky Worm can all go and the entrance way needs the building opposite knocking down to help with guest flow

I do often think about wether the park turns a profit over the year. Apart from the main summer period the park is lifeless and dead. Great for us enthusiasts but terrible for the park itself. It seems as if they have looked at places like Europa and hoped they could have a piece of the pie, which hasn’t worked out as planned. I don’t like IP attractions but maybe that’s the way they should go to attract more visitation.

I think you have to always bear in mind how quickly the park has grown, it’s easy to forget that it only opened nine years ago and they did it all from scratch.

Compare this to Phantasialand that opened 55 years ago, Europa Park (47 years), Alton Towers (43 years ago as a theme park), and so on. What Energylandia have created in such a short space of time is absolutely phenomenal, yet it’s perhaps also set an expectation that expansion and growth of that kind would be the norm going forward when perhaps that’s really not the case.

I think that what the park had to do was get open and have a large amount of rides and attractions at the start in order to sell the idea of it being a large mega park and destination to visit and that’s why the front of the park has a fairground feel to it. By the areas at the back of the park are the good ones and I’d rather they took their time with them than rushing to get them open when there’s already tons of stuff to do at the park. If you take that first period from opening in 2014 up to say 2017 that was just about establishing it as a theme park in its first few years. But then you have next a period of astonishing growth between 2018 and 2021 where they opened Speed, Hyperion, Zadra, and Abyssus in well two themed areas. So I think that rate of growth set down expectations that they’d be carrying on in the same way going forward at that pace but perhaps that was an exception rather than the norm. I don’t think they necessarily need to go down the IP route, but an on-site hotel would allow them to really sell the park as a resort and encourage guests to travel from further and make a longer stay of it.