• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

I went in mid October during the week and the crowds seemed healthy. All the major rides (i.e Zadra, Abyssus, Hyperion etc) had queues (albeit short ones) and I think where this park had so many attractions they can soak them up much more effectively compared to other popular parks. The operations I found were decent too when I went which certainly helped. It may feel deader than it actually is it because of this.

If the EU funding has been indeed cut off for whatever reason, then hopefully they had a back up plan to stay afloat for the long term. Even if they went crazy basically adding everything from Vekoma's catalogue, they at least didn't do what Wunderland Eurasia did...With that said, the sooner they can finish off Choco Chip Creek and its new area, the better.

By the way to anyone planning to go, don't go in with a mindset of "fly in, get the creds, fly out". Visit Krakow, it's a beautiful city!

I’m certainly no expert on Poland, but they’re right next door to Ukraine. Things must be pretty uncertain at the moment. Is the slow down at Energylandia isolated to their business, or are a lot of businesses across Poland putting the brakes on development plans?

They have definitely ran out of cash. Think that's fairly obvious at this point.

They went on a spending spree like there was no tomorrow without finishing off other areas. The chickens have come home to roost it would seem.

Shame really as it was slowly building into a must visit attraction in Europe for many thoosies.

Slowly building in to a must visit attraction? No, it quickly built itself in to a must visit attraction already a few years back. It’s got an absolutely superb RMC which would be reason enough to make it a must visit for any enthusiast. Hyperion is one hell of a coaster as well and Abyssus is a great multi launcher. I think that Speed is very underrated as well, I almost tend to think of it more as a water ride than a coaster but it’s big and a lot of fun and Mayan, Formula, and RMF Dragon are all very solid coasters.

Sure, there’s a bit of filler in terms of Junior and family coasters but it’s a damn good park.

Slowly building in to a must visit attraction? No, it quickly built itself in to a must visit attraction already a few years back. It’s got an absolutely superb RMC which would be reason enough to make it a must visit for any enthusiast. Hyperion is one hell of a coaster as well and Abyssus is a great multi launcher. I think that Speed is very underrated as well, I almost tend to think of it more as a water ride than a coaster but it’s big and a lot of fun and Mayan, Formula, and RMF Dragon are all very solid coasters.

Sure, there’s a bit of filler in terms of Junior and family coasters but it’s a damn good park.

Some great coasters (and a lot of naff ones) for sure.

Don't think it's must visit for me just yet though. It lacks a hell of a lot that makes a great park in my eyes.

I find that the park is confused, poorly executed and lacks depth. At the same time it’s also very clean, well loved and has tons of ride hardware.

It’s great for ride lovers, but perhaps less so for those who prefer a more rounded experience.

Certainly not in the top tier of European parks for me.

Energylandia is one weird, weird place. One minute you are in a relatively well themed and cohesive area, next you are in an tacky and incoherent mish mash of creepy looking plastic IP infringing theming and cheap rides.

There is a stark difference between ‘old’ Energylandia and ‘new’. Once ‘old’ is sorted out then it has the potential to be an excellent all rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find that the park is confused, poorly executed and lacks depth. At the same time it’s also very clean, well loved and has tons of ride hardware.

It’s great for ride lovers, but perhaps less so for those who prefer a more rounded experience.

Certainly not in the top tier of European parks for me.

Agreed.

I value the experience above all else. Obviously the rides play a part but I find Six Flags parks to be generally quite poor for this reason.

Making my third visit over to Poland next week. Just a couple of things I need to sort out first. We're flying into Katowice quite late and looking at getting a taxi into the city. There are five of us and I've done a recce on Uber, but can't see the option of UberXL, so may have to just take a look at the options when we land.

We're travelling to Energylandia from Katowice in the morning, but then we're staying in Krakow that night. The Energylandia buses only let you book a return to where you've travelled from, so I think we'll probably do the train as looks like they let you purchase singles?

Last edited:
The Energylandia buses only let you book a return to where you've travelled from, so I think we'll probably do the train and looks like they let you purchase singles?
I’ve been looking into this recently and the bus booking system just doesn’t seem to make much sense does it, and the trains seem even more confusing. I would maybe contact Energylandia to see if there’s a way to book 2 individual bus journeys.

I’ve caught the shuttle bus twice before with no issues, it’s a great and cheap service. But have returned to the same destination. You can only book it as a return ticket I’ve checked with them. Although I’ve rearranged my plans now so won’t be an issue for my trip.

Regarding booking the bus, you can book a one way ticket from the park ticket offices but you run the risk of them being sold out, this isn’t much of a worry on a mon-thurs but the weekends can be sold out by the morning! Trains can be quite complicated to book, I can’t remember the website I used but it took a lot of translator to fathom it out. However the train actually was quite a bit cheaper than the bus.

No idea on prices but I suppose one way round it would be to just buy return tickets from each destination, use one to get to the park, then the other one to get to where you want to go after the park has closed. Costs more but it should guarantee you a seat on the coaches you want.

Visited the park last Friday for my third visit in as many years. Probably was the busiest of my visits there. Although none of the queues ever topped maybe 15 minutes. Most rides were operating on single trains apart from Mayan. The Zadra and Hyperion queue lines don’t get any shorter to walk through!

The only good thing about the queues at energylandia is when the “magic gate” on Zadra is open. But if the queue reaches the steps they just close it, brilliant for lapping it in the morning though!

I wonder how long Zadra’s queue would take if the whole thing was full. I honestly shudder to think.
I have seen it advertised 50 minutes when it fills the first cattlepen (bear in mind there are almost 3 sections of large cattlepen. but I didn’t bother riding that day so couldn’t say for sure if it was 50 or not. Surely they’ve never used the whole queue line, it’s unbelievably long.

So bizarre that they built such a huge queue area on Zadra when you consider that Mayan’s queue is only 40 minutes if full. Surely Energylandia aren’t ever expecting to get 6 hours worth of queue for Zadra.