• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Russ

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Helix
Looks like we are getting another Blue Fire clone this time for a park in Poland. I believe this is the fifth clone but could be mistaken.

It will be called Formula 1 and will be opening in 2015.

http://rcdb.com/12263.htm

I am not sure I like all these "clones". I have still yet to ride the original, but for me this has taken the shine off it. I just don't think a coaster of this size, and reputation and standing in the industry should have been cloned.

Think of the Dive coasters for example, there's 2 "Oblivion"s and one is mirrored and they both use incredible backdrops to create quite incredible coasters. From there, lot's have been built but the original stands alone as the concept. I think true game changing coasters like Blue Fire should be given that accolade, having a unique ride and presence somewhere.

I think they should have had a different layout to sell to others, especially given Mack's size and reputation.

For once Roland, I find myself rather disappointed in you good sir!

Well considering Blue Fire is a show-piece intended to sell the model, I can't say they are doing anything wrong.

The only reason Liseberg chose Mack for helix was riding Blue fire. Mack are still trying to break into the big-time coaster manufacturers so surely they want to get the brand out as much as possible. Most know that Blue Fire is a great coaster, so why not flaunt it wherever possible, especially when a park is BUYING it off you to do so.

I agree that it does take the shine off it though, but am I going to care when I ride Blue Fire? not really.

For all we know there might be a nemesis clone in a millionaires back garden ;)

Blue Fire is more than just track and train. You got the incredible theming, the pre-launch scene, the on board audio, the build up in the queue, the Iceland area, the operations The list goes on. None of the clones are likely to replicate anything of the same quality. Even riding Blue Fire without the on board audio working makes a difference to the ride experience. I'd rather them not have cloned it but it's not as bigger issue as it could be.

:)

Reactions: Sam
Let's all not forget that Mack was approached over i305. I think Blue Fire is a great show piece and has done Mack wonders of showing what they are capable of.

I really hope that Mack have a great project up their sleeve to really show what they can do in the future.

Last edited:
It's funny, I was going to say the same thing yesterday about disliking the clones for this very reason... But I didn't because I didn't think anyone would agree with me!

Not really worth a new topic, but yet another Blue Fire is being built for 2015 at Wonder Island, Saint Petersburg, Russia. How many is that now? I think three Blue Fires are currently operating, with three more (this, Poland and Dubai) under construction.

It doesn't really bother me, and I don't think it takes the shine off EP's Blue Fire at all. None of the others have the theming, the operations, the heart or the soul. There may be many Blue Fires, but there is only one Blue Fire.

Blue fire is sublime as a ride I'm glad the mack family are doing well and selling these models :)

Has any other manufacture sold as many clones as this before? Does anyone know what the most cloned coaster is?

Ian

Not really worth a new topic, but yet another Blue Fire is being built for 2015 at Wonder Island, Saint Petersburg, Russia. How many is that now? I think three Blue Fires are currently operating, with three more (this, Poland and Dubai) under construction.

It doesn't really bother me, and I don't think it takes the shine off EP's Blue Fire at all. None of the others have the theming, the operations, the heart or the soul. There may be many Blue Fires, but there is only one Blue Fire.

Well yeah there is only one, since Europa's is called blue fire Megacoaster ;)

Little bit of an update for this park seems that they have now cancelled the order with Mack and gone with Vekoma reason are still unknown.

Old Plan

Mack family (Pegasus clone)
Mack LSM (Bluefire clone)
Mack Spinning (a clone of the ones at Le Pal and Toverland)

New plan
Vekoma family (standard larpladel)
Vekoma SFC (a clone of Orkanen)
Vekoma SLC (standar)
Vekoma LSM (custom)

I really don't get this thing about clones ruining the original. Blue Fire is no less great because there's clones of it, I don't see how that could impact enjoyment and appreciation of the ride.

In the equal but opposite way that no one rides an SLC and thinks it'd be better if there was less of them.

I really don't get this thing about clones ruining the original. Blue Fire is no less great because there's clones of it, I don't see how that could impact enjoyment and appreciation of the ride.

I agree, Blaze. And I think it's because even if they have the same layout, proper Blue Fire is still clearly the best of the bunch by a long way (for the moment). This is in terms of theming, landscaping, architecture, train design, effects, storyline and operations. I don't mind Jingjang Fantasy Vision World in China getting some crappy two-train BF clone on a bit of scrubland next to an industrial kitten-killing warehouse on the outskirts of Guangzhou because I know that it'll never have the heart and the soul and the vision of original.

You could say that there are a couple of Blue Fires but there is only one Blue Fire.

Does the G5 Diving Coaster in Taiwan make Oblivion any worse? Obviously not!

In the case of Oblivion I'd say it makes it even better. Until you've seen that picture of G5 on the side of a mountain you can't really appreciate how deep that tunnel goes!

Reactions: Ted
Not really worth a new topic, but yet another Blue Fire is being built for 2015 at Wonder Island, Saint Petersburg, Russia.

10344436_1406283263010401_7381727207908479094_o.jpg

Spew Fire.