• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

I'd imagine it's just an age issue. We noticed the other week that the Enterprise at Walibi Holland also does not go vertical.

I’m sure that when I went there in August it was going vertical, it stood out because having seen the ones at AT and Thorpe I was impressed at how good it looked when it was going fully vertical.

There was a technical briefing for KMG Afterburners which following rust problems had choices: Get the ride repaired or do not swing past x degrees (90 each way iirc). There could be a directive out from Huss with options and would you spend cash on a 40 year old rusting mess or a second hand 19 year old flat ride? No. I might be wrong but I could see it being a thing where either modify to stop it going vertical or modify to allow continued vertical use

I think the problem wasn't so much that the ride wouldn't come down at all, more that it could stop spinning whilst still steeply inclined such that the cars would swing excessively.

There is an emergency valve to lower the lifting arm on Huss enterprises… that the operator has to physically hit from within the ride area. Perhaps this is a reason to stop it going vertical so the risk of someone within a meter of the ride spinning at full speed…..

Secondly it has been known for a certain enterprise to travel past vertical before and almost fully tip over as a result… yes this does result in a self full e-stop. In the case of an enterprise it doesn't brake the cars. It just spins for ages

There is an emergency valve to lower the lifting arm on Huss enterprises… that the operator has to physically hit from within the ride area. Perhaps this is a reason to stop it going vertical so the risk of someone within a meter of the ride spinning at full speed…..

Secondly it has been known for a certain enterprise to travel past vertical before and almost fully tip over as a result… yes this does result in a self full e-stop. In the case of an enterprise it doesn't brake the cars. It just spins for ages

When you read this it's no wonder it's gone. Sounds like a real health and safety risk they just can't carry

When you read this it's no wonder it's gone. Sounds like a real health and safety risk they just can't carry
Very much doubt this is it, otherwise why would they be happy to run an almost identical (albeit much newer) model at a sister park?

Zodiac (Mk1) wasn't as old a ride when it died as the Alton Towers Enterprise was. I honestly think it was probably just knackered.

It still looks exactly the same as I’ve said, it still only looks half constructed in the most recent picture, as has been the case since March 19th