• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euro 2020

Sorry mate! It was a tough group for them I think. Thought they put up a good fight yesterday tbh.

We just had no luck when you look at all three games in which we had chances to score yet we just couldn't. That is now the eleventh time that Scotland have failed to advance from a group stage...embarrassing, more than England not winning anything since you know when.

Well, England are facing Germany on Tuesday, kick-off 5pm. Should be interesting! :)

C'MON ENGLAND!

Wow, I don't think I can remember ever watching two such incredinle games back to back as those last night! Both ending 3-3 and going to extra time, with so much late drama. Incredibile performance from Switzerland!

Giant killing matches where the big boys are taken out is better for England as they never stood a chance with their current strategy. Sit back and defend well will do the trick against many teams, but the likes of France, Belgium or Portugal will break through eventually.

Germany are the problem. They're an attacking side that sometimes leave themselves wide open at the back. That's bad news for England the way they've been playing. Unless we see a different strategy tonight, they'll get hammered.

Giant killing matches where the big boys are taken out is better for England as they never stood a chance with their current strategy. Sit back and defend well will do the trick against many teams, but the likes of France, Belgium or Portugal will break through eventually.

Germany are the problem. They're an attacking side that sometimes leave themselves wide open at the back. That's bad news for England the way they've been playing. Unless we see a different strategy tonight, they'll get hammered.

We were ace tonight it has to be said

We were ace tonight it has to be said
It was a better performance it has to be said. The better team won. Playing Kane just behind the front 2 certainly worked and Sterling was on fire, you just have to look at the way he moved. Fantastic player.

But Muller really should have scored and almost always does when he's one in one with the keeper. Although they were the better team and put on a decent performance, England still didn't look very dangerous up front and Pickford's awesome save kept the Germans at bay.

A better decent performance against a flawed German side who really should've put one past us. Looking at Ukraine who I thought were very impressive tonight, they don't have the talent to break England down and seeing the amount of injuries incurred against Sweden, they won't have the players either. But Denmark will be a tough but winnable semi final and I can't see them beating Spain, Italy and especially Belgium very easily. Best chance England have had in decades though. Well since I was a stroppy 14 year old watching Euro 96 anyway.

It was a better performance it has to be said. The better team won. Playing Kane just behind the front 2 certainly worked and Sterling was on fire, you just have to look at the way he moved. Fantastic player.

But Muller really should have scored and almost always does when he's one in one with the keeper. Although they were the better team and put on a decent performance, England still didn't look very dangerous up front and Pickford's awesome save kept the Germans at bay.

A better decent performance against a flawed German side who really should've put one past us. Looking at Ukraine who I thought were very impressive tonight, they don't have the talent to break England down and seeing the amount of injuries incurred against Sweden, they won't have the players either. But Denmark will be a tough but winnable semi final and I can't see them beating Spain, Italy and especially Belgium very easily. Best chance England have had in decades though. Well since I was a stroppy 14 year old watching Euro 96 anyway.

I think we were in control to be honest. Take Muller out of it, they didn’t really offer anything

For me our key has been Phillips and Rice, the two have been exceptional. Yes it’s hindered the forward play a little, bit we’ve looked solid throughout.

With regards to the future, Ukraine , well I don’t fear them - we should have enough. I personally think the Czech Republic will beat Denmark, and we controlled the game against them.

As for the final , at Wembley, the only team I don’t want is Belgium. This is the peak for their golden generation. They’ve had the better of us in the last few meetings now as well in tournament football, so I feel if we get them it’s one step to far.

Still a final would be progress - and you never know in a one of game what will happen.

Pretty good performance last night, especially the second half of the second half. I hate the bugger but Grealish did make an impact after coming on.

And the England players will have been loving the Sweden v. Ukraine game going to extra time, most players on both sides looked totally knackered! Ukraine will no doubt sit deep and try to play on the counter but we should have more than enough to beat them.

I hope that Denmark beat the Czech Republic, and Denmark in a semi-final would be tough but winnable.

Great result for England, slow start but really took off in the second half. Not going to curse it by looking too far ahead, but they could have it a lot worse than playing Ukraine in the QF.

On a side note, Sweden v Ukraine yesterday looked brutal. More of a battlefield than a football pitch. The tackle that led to that red card was a difficult watch, hope the poor guy is OK, he looked really badly injured

On a side note, Sweden v Ukraine yesterday looked brutal. More of a battlefield than a football pitch. The tackle that led to that red card was a difficult watch, hope the poor guy is OK, he looked really badly injured

That was really unfortunate, but I do think it was a harsh red card. As soon as you play it in slow motion or see just a picture of it then it looks horrendous. But in real time it is just bad luck; the defender wins the balls but his follow through catches the opponent. Other than just not going for the ball I don't know what he can do, there was certainly no intent to endanger an opponent and I don't think it was wreckless.

As a Scot...oh dear.

Funny thing is that someone had a German flag flying from their window and now it's gone! Should be seeing a Ukraine flag out soon.

That was really unfortunate, but I do think it was a harsh red card. As soon as you play it in slow motion or see just a picture of it then it looks horrendous. But in real time it is just bad luck; the defender wins the balls but his follow through catches the opponent. Other than just not going for the ball I don't know what he can do, there was certainly no intent to endanger an opponent and I don't think it was wreckless.

A mate of mine and I have been discussing this. We both feel it's unlucky because Danielson is clearing the ball, eyes on it, zero intent to injure and it's just unfortunate. Should it also be up to the forward to recognise he's not winning that ball and avoid sticking a leg in? It did look really nasty, but a harsh red card in my opinion.

Brilliant stuff from England v Germany. I don't want to get my hopes up again like 2018, however this is without a doubt England's best chance of winning the Euros, certainly in my lifetime.

A mate of mine and I have been discussing this. We both feel it's unlucky because Danielson is clearing the ball, eyes on it, zero intent to injure and it's just unfortunate. Should it also be up to the forward to recognise he's not winning that ball and avoid sticking a leg in? It did look really nasty, but a harsh red card in my opinion.
The seriousness of the injury mostly probably was a factor in the referee's decision to show a straight red as opposed to a yellow.