• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park at Christmas

Easily the best bit of Christmas at EP is the open fire pits. There came occasions where Alastair and Al had to almost physically drag me away from them as I'd become too engaged with adding to them.

Funnily enough I then caught sight of staff doing it early afternoon on one occasion. I think I've found my job for the winter.

Wodan will close when the track gets covered in snow, as will most coasters. Not sure about Arthur, it still has some outdoors sections of track. Last year when we went for new year, the snow was so heavy the only coaster open was Eurosat!

Am I right in thinking that Wodan and Arthur always open regardless of the weather?

If the temperature is over zero degrees, yes. Blue Fire is over five degrees.

Obviously, if there is solid ice on the track, then they cannot run.

:)

Visiting Europa this Christmas. As Eurosat is being refurbished, will there be visible work taking place on the attraction(which may ruin the landscape IMO as it is a centrepiece of the park) or will it be dressed up as usual as the work taking place is primarily on the inside of the attraction?

Many thanks, so excited to experience the park at Winter and for my first visit into the Ireland themed area and first ride on Voletarium!

They'll need to take a vast portion, if not, the entire dome down in order to conduct the work. It's only temporary however, I'm sure you'll be able to cope for one visit without it. If anything, it'll offer some rather bizarre and unique sights from the top of Euro-Tower. :)

It should be noted that the 'Universe of Energy' dark ride, beneath Eurosat, remains open for winter season and closes for its bizarre retheme in January.

It should be noted that the 'Universe of Energy' dark ride, beneath Eurosat, remains open for winter season and closes for its bizarre retheme in January.
I think you are mistaken....?

"
Please Note: Due to weather conditions the following attractions are closed throughout the winter season:

Adventure Playground, African Queen I und II, Atlantica SuperSplash, blue fire Megacoaster powered by GAZPROM, Eurosat, Universe of Energy, Fjord-Rafting including the World of Trolls, Children's Cutter, Paddler's Tour, Water Roller Coaster Poseidon, Silver Star, Tirol Log Flume, Rocking Bridge & Wobbling Boat, Water Playground, and Water Lane.
"

Also just found out Vliegende Hollander is going to be shut as well, even though it isn't advertised as being closed during winter on the list above. The trip is starting to get on my nerves a bit, we have booked a non refundable stay at the Bell Rock and I really don't want it to be a disappointment. Europa looks absolutely magical at Winter and the last thing I want on this trip is to be feeling disappointed and as if I should have visited Wintertraum at Phantasia instead(Phantasia is my favourite park but I thought Europa looked superior at winter but more and more things are starting to be closed at Europa this year...)

Finally, will anything in England be closed(despite not being advertised) as Queen Diamonds spited me last time I visited and with the new paddington bear retheme will any work be happening/will anything be closed that I need to know about?

I think you are mistaken....?

"
Please Note: Due to weather conditions the following attractions are closed throughout the winter season:

Adventure Playground, African Queen I und II, Atlantica SuperSplash, blue fire Megacoaster powered by GAZPROM, Eurosat, Universe of Energy, Fjord-Rafting including the World of Trolls, Children's Cutter, Paddler's Tour, Water Roller Coaster Poseidon, Silver Star, Tirol Log Flume, Rocking Bridge & Wobbling Boat, Water Playground, and Water Lane.
"

Also just found out Vliegende Hollander is going to be shut as well, even though it isn't advertised as being closed during winter on the list above. The trip is starting to get on my nerves a bit, we have booked a non refundable stay at the Bell Rock and I really don't want it to be a disappointment. Europa looks absolutely magical at Winter and the last thing I want on this trip is to be feeling disappointed and as if I should have visited Wintertraum at Phantasia instead(Phantasia is my favourite park but I thought Europa looked superior at winter but more and more things are starting to be closed at Europa this year...)

Finally, will anything in England be closed(despite not being advertised) as Queen Diamonds spited me last time I visited and with the new paddington bear retheme will any work be happening/will anything be closed that I need to know about?

They must have changed their mind, then. Obviously with the Eurosat rebuild, it's going to be closed at some point.

There are more things closed at EP than Phantasialand. EP has double the number of rides to start with, and they do replace certain attractions in winter. For example the Belle Vue wheel on the Atlantica site, the ice rink over the rapids trough, the ice sculpture exhibition in the Spanish Arena...

It stands to reason that they close certain rides in winter - Silver Star, Poseidon, Atlantica, Rapids etc.

Half those attractions are neither here nor there, either. Rocking Bridge? Water Lane? Water Chute? African Queen? Adventure Playground? Literally, they won't affect your trip at all. Vliegender Hollander is normally open.

Blue Fire will open at weekends and holiday periods if the weather allows.

Europa-Park has a lot more in winter than Phantasialand even if it may appear more rides are closed. The Christmas Market is wonderful. The Ice Sculptures are beautiful. The show on the lake. There's so, so much!

I must reiterate to you that the weather can get very cold. One year we went to Germany and a great many rides didn't open as it was -3C every day. We thankfully got lucky near the end and Wodan opened.

Last edited:
Silver Star will be open if temperatures allow!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Silver Star will be open if temperatures allow!

Awesome! Do we know what temperature it needs to run?(I'm assuming it needs around the same as blue fire?)

Looking at the weather forecast for December, the temperatures over winter are looking to be pretty warm, with most of the time above 3-5 degrees, so it is likely most of the coasters will be able to open this winter season! :)

I think most Beemers have a minimum temp of 5'C. Though knowing EP, they've probably got some special axel grease to lower that.

Wodan 0C
Blue Fire 3C
Silver Star ?

I'm guessing the plans to open Silver Star could be a way of compensating for the lack of Eurosat during this winter season.

Great news, hoping it will be open at new year! And you never know, might be increased chances of a Silver Stall!

EDIT:

Patrick Marx has confirmed on Twitter that for Silver Star to operate it will need to be about 5 degrees and the track will need to be free from ice/frost. This means that on cloudy days where there is no sun it might actually have to be about 8 degrees for Silver Star to operate.

Last edited:
Great news, hoping it will be open at new year! And you never know, might be increased chances of a Silver Stall!

EDIT:

Patrick Marx has confirmed on Twitter that for Silver Star to operate it will need to be about 5 degrees and the track will need to be free from ice/frost. This means that on cloudy days where there is no sun it might actually have to be about 8 degrees for Silver Star to operate.

Stands to reason. It'll be the same as Blue Fire.

Forget Silver Star, here is the best news about the upcoming winter season:

Excellent! :D

How likely is it that the opening hours will be extended beyond 7pm next week(bearing in mind it is the week before Christmas Day). I know it is guaranteed to be at least until 8/8:30pm on the Friday and Saturday but is it likely that the hours will be extended beyond 7pm Tuesday-Thursday as well?