• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park introduces paid priority queues :-(

I don't see EP introducing any form of fast pass on mass anytime soon. However I can imagine them bringing in some form of very limited premium fast pass product, costing more than it's probably worth, that will go largely unnoticed by all other guests. Similar to the new premium reserved parking area.

:)

Most paid fast passes are way cheaper than what they are worth, or, in turn, the regular admission is way too expensive. Note that it's not so much the waiting time that's relevant, but the number of attraction usages a visitor can make during a visit. Here's again my previous example for Cedar Point, taking current, real prices for the unlimited Fast Lane+:

Day with 12 hours open, not very crowded, online tickets, not gate) for a maximum ride usage.

Regular: $49 admission, avg. wait and ride time : 90min
- 8 rides per visit
- $6.13 per ride

Fast Lane+: $49+$85 = $134, avg. wait and ride time : 10min
- 72 rides per visit
- $1.86 per ride

So, the Fast Lane Plus is actually worth $448,56, the amount of attraction usage the fast tracker consumes at the price for a regular visitor. Or, taking the Fast Lane+ price per ride, regular admission should be only $14.88. I think if fast tracks came at a price of several 100 $/€/£, they would clearly be a lesser evil.

Probably the biggest problem for parks, to step back from fast tracks, is that they are a major, hidden price increase. The additional rides for fast tracks are taken away from regular visitors, who still have to pay the same admission fee. Also, since additional fast track rides are usually cheaper than regular rides on a busy day, the loss of attraction usage for regular visitors is even bigger. A ticket for £50, with equal queues, will likely have a reduced worth of only £30, when fast tracks take away attraction usages (not counting the annoyance by long waiting). A park with £50 and fast tracks, would have to raise the price to over £83.33 when abandoning fast tracks (but it could be somewhat less, because they are sold under value). Or they could not offer deals, coupons, 2for1, online tickets that cheap anymore.

It is probably not impossible for parks to step back, but then visitors have to recognize that for £30 admission, in a park with paid fast lanes, the park experience will be much worse than in a park with £50 and no priority queues.

Probably every park will have special conditions for celebrities and real VIPs (not visitors paying upcharge). These can often enter for free, including bodyguards, filming crews and the like, because they act as promotion for the parks. No need for special queues or entrances here, they are guided, enter through the exit or service doors. Compared to paid fast lane, their impact is negligable.

Last edited: